PoF-Dismounted when you right click.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guild.3529

Guild.3529

I love them , i really do but why when i right click on the vendor i get dismounted? I should be able to sell my items or talk to an NPC while i am riding my cool raptor.

What do you think?

Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neverscare.gw2/

I post gw2 screenshots if you wanna take a look :)

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

I like that you dismount when talking to a vendor or npc as it helps prevent a swamp of screen clutter in the form of stacks of mounts.

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

This would be a worthy complaint if mounts had a cast time; but they’re instant, so it’s barely a inconvenience.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I like that you dismount when talking to a vendor or npc as it helps prevent a swamp of screen clutter in the form of stacks of mounts.

As much as I don’t like it, I have to support it for this reason. It would be nice to talk to NPC’s while mounted, but when there are a dozen players at one NPC, it becomes an issue.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Nifer.6324

Nifer.6324

I am actually appreciative of that feature – keeps the vendors/NPCs from being overwhelmed and rendered invisible by everyone’s mounts. It also keeps the childish trolls from intentionally swarming key vendors and/or NPCs with their mounts with the intention of making them difficult to interact with.

Posted by: Guild.3529

Guild.3529

True that guys, never saw it this way

Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neverscare.gw2/

I post gw2 screenshots if you wanna take a look :)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It also keeps the childish trolls from intentionally swarming key vendors and/or NPCs with their mounts with the intention of making them difficult to interact with.

No it doesn’t. Trolls can still stack on NPCs with their mounts as long as they don’t interact with the NPC. What they need to do is make a range around NPCs where it automatically dismounts, maybe something simple like 300 range. It doesn’t really make it harder to interact because you can always just use your interact key to access the NPC (some exceptions could be in areas like the Royal Terrace crafting areas where NPC and crafting benches are close together) but it certainly has the potential to be visually annoying if that is the goal of trolls.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

What they need to do is make a range around NPCs where it automatically dismounts, maybe something simple like 300 range. It doesn’t really make it harder to interact because you can always just use your interact key to access the NPC (some exceptions could be in areas like the Royal Terrace crafting areas where NPC and crafting benches are close together) but it certainly has the potential to be visually annoying if that is the goal of trolls.

This has been an issue for a long long time as well. There needs to be a zone around NPC’s that prevent use of mounts, boxes of fun, aviators boxes, and so on.

Considering that the earliest threads about this were well before Heart of Thorns, I suspect Anet will do nothing.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Adenin.5973

Adenin.5973

The dismount on interaction is a invitation for trolls that don’t care about NPC/object interaction and a punishment for normal players that actually want interact.

Anet should just implement that on displaying the NPC names (i think it’s on Ctrl as standard) If you do that all mounts get semi transparent or something like that.

And then they should let people talk to npcs on mounts and/or make no mount areas around very important interactive objects.
These areas are already in the game. Go into the city and watch. You get a little icon that you should leave your mount immediately in most areas of the city.

I think it’s either a bug or not implemented and I hope when they finally implement these no mount zones they get rid of auto dismounting people when talking to npcs.

(edited by Adenin.5973)

JustTrogdor.7892

Nice, I can’t wait to see more of this around important NPCs. Especially with super sparkle gems store mounts. /s I edited names, chat and such to protect the innocent.

Attachments:

The Burninator

JustTrogdor.7892

This has been an issue for a long long time as well. There needs to be a zone around NPC’s that prevent use of mounts, boxes of fun, aviators boxes, and so on.

Agree 100%

The Burninator

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Why do so many people complain about this? The mount is instant and can be used while running. One button to press more, don’t you have other problems?

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Adenin.5973

Adenin.5973

Why do so many people complain about this? The mount is instant and can be used while running. One button to press more, don’t you have other problems?

Why shouldn’t people complain. Opening the inventory is just one button. How would you feel like every time you find a rare item your menu opens automatically? Just close it, don’t you have other problems?

The thing is there are far better ways to get rid of people that stand inside of important npcs, no need for an annoying break in your game flow upon interacting with any object in the entire game world.