PoF - Lv 80 Boost

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avatar of Indra.6908

Hello,

When I bought HoT last summer, I found that I couldn’t move the lv. 80 boost from the shared bag slot to a regular slot within one of my bags to free up the space. I was required to use the boost before I could use the shared slot. Will this problem persist in PoF? Or has this been changed since then?

Granted some people have more than one shared slot, but one is enough for me for my salvage-o-matic. If there was another profession being added with PoF, then I wouldn’t be here with my concern (bit disappointed there isn’t a new profession though). I just don’t want the slot being taken up with an item I don’t have a use for until when/if there is a new profession added.

-Indra

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You cannot remove it. The only way to free the slot is to use it. I think, but can’t recall exactly, Anet said this was to keep people from accidentally deleting it, losing it and what not.

Edit here it is:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/222385027-Level-80-Boost

Can I save the boost in my bank to use later?

No. To prevent accidental deletion or loss, the boost is bound to the free shared inventory slot that it comes with. It must be consumed to free up the bonus shared inventory space.

The Burninator

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I presume that it will not. This was originally implemented so that you couldn’t move it into your inventory, try out a class, then delete that char (and the boost) because you didn’t like it. This way you can’t make that mistake.

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Considering the boost is intended for new players, and this forum used to get a regular stream of topics asking how to restore the deluxe/heroic edition items after players deleted the character that had them I think it’s a sensible decision.

Although it is annoying if you just want to free up the slot. But then you’ve probably got (or know how to get) 80+ Tomes of Knowledge so you could just use the boost on an existing character and if you ever want another one use Tomes to level them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: Avatar of Indra.6908

Although it is annoying if you just want to free up the slot. But then you’ve probably got (or know how to get) 80+ Tomes of Knowledge so you could just use the boost on an existing character and if you ever want another one use Tomes to level them.

Getting a character to lv. 80 is easy enough for us veteran players as I have more tomes of knowledge and lv. 40 boosts than I know what to do with. So as long as the lv. 80 boost works on a character that is already lv. 80, then I’ll be fine with that as I don’t actually “need” it.

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

^ It works on a L80. From the same link above.

What if all my characters are already level 80?

You can choose to either create a new character or to consume the boost with one of your existing level 80 characters. Using the boost on a level 80 character will deliver the package of rewards that is normally delivered when making the boost permanent. However, there is no trial for an existing level 80 character, so the item will be permanently consumed if it is used by a level 80 character. You will need to confirm twice before the item is consumed if you want to use it on an existing level 80.

The Burninator

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

what feels really buggy though is that you can’t move that thing between shared slots themselves. it is locked in place which is kinda annoying. trying to move it to another shared slot simply blurts out the same error message as with trying to move it to a non shared slot… wish this restriction could be relaxed a bit.

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: DaniEdwards.3245

DaniEdwards.3245

Hi, does this mean that we will get another shared inventory slot? Or will it just push out whatever we have in the shared slot (if we only have the one slot given from HoT) ?

PoF - Lv 80 Boost

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Hi, does this mean that we will get another shared inventory slot? Or will it just push out whatever we have in the shared slot (if we only have the one slot given from HoT) ?

Good question. I would also like to know the answer. Does PoF provide a new shared inventory slot?

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ