[PoF] New Elite Specs & core traits: Logic?!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

And here is another reason why Elite Specs are problematic:

I am just skilling a Necromancer, and there are so many trait lines from the core traits that make zero sense to be used with Scourge, because they apply boni to Shrouds. Unless you change them all to “Shroud and Shade”, they will become redundant for new builds.

Note: I am aware that there is a shroud skill, but it’s not working like the old shrouds, so traits that give a bonus to “Shroud Skill 1” or “4” or whatever won’t work, because your skill bar does not change into new shroud skills.

So, dear devs, what are you planning to do about it? I’m curious.

P.S. How about you change/adjust core trait lines depending on the elite spec that has been selected? That would be a nice solution and make builds more diverse and interesting.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Actually they do work, and in really interesting ways. Traits that modify the Shroud 1 proc whenever your totems Damage enemies, usually in response to using your “shroud” skills. It’s really, REALLY interesting interactions that I was eager to test out, and I love the way they’ve been resolved.

Ashantara.8731

Then they need to add this to the traits’ descriptions.

P.S. What “totems”?? Do you mean the shades?

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

what about the trait that resurrects with Shroud-4?

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Then they need to add this to the traits’ descriptions.

P.S. What “totems”?? Do you mean the shades?

That’s what I meant. And, as far as I can tell, your shades will be the focus of the rez on Shroud 4, which is GREAT.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Actually they do work, and in really interesting ways. Traits that modify the Shroud 1 proc whenever your totems Damage enemies, usually in response to using your “shroud” skills. It’s really, REALLY interesting interactions that I was eager to test out, and I love the way they’ve been resolved.

And traits that proc when you enter shroud, proc when you use the fifth skill. So everything actually procs on the scourge that procs on the base class.

Ashantara.8731

English isn’t my first language, so excuse me for sounding like a noob, but what does “proc” stand for? I keep reading it a lot but have no idea what this abbreviation stands for.

Posted by: Xegrilt.9426

Xegrilt.9426

Procured, basically means that it happen

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think it’s short for “process” as in a computer operation that processes from another, and has gotten linguistically changed from a soft c to a hard c.

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

I like how with the soulbeast any skill the effects your pets, like maul giving 50% more damage on your pets next attack, effects you.

Ashantara.8731

Procured, basically means that it happen

I think it’s short for “process” as in a computer operation that processes from another, and has gotten linguistically changed from a soft c to a hard c.

LOL! Great when native speakers don’t know, either. I know both terms (procure as well as process), but it’s impossible to guess what an abbreviation stands for. So, which one of you is right?

Edit: Just found this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Proc (so I guess Donari was right, heh, although “make it happen” appear in the list too)

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

the main problem with elite traitlines is that it excludes the core building setup when you are forced to wasted 1/3 of your build on just using the new mechanic.
on top of that if you are going core builds you are stuck with suboptimal setups.
especially comparing the core shroud to both reaper and scourge it is ridiculessly bad.

they should have made the mechanics of the classes be a “choice” which didnt have to do with traitlines and then focused on making elite/utility skills and general traitlines to synergies better and make more interesting gameplay

(edited by Nyx.6532)

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Did you even do the test properly before you whine?
All the shroud skills functionality from traits work on Shade.
The synergy is just amazing with super short cd of f2 and f3.