PoF and Guild Hall Use

PoF and Guild Hall Use

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Hey all. I just pre-ordered PoF after playing the demo for 10 minutes. HoT was not my thing and I never bought it. All that to say i am super excited to play GW2 again and that has me really excited.

I did however have a question as it pertains to Guild Halls. I just went to my guild hall for the first time in ages and noticed how little of it I can use because I don’t own HoT. So many NPCs pop up a message saying “requires HoT”.

Are guild halls going to stay so intrinsically tied to HoT now that PoF is out? Will people who own HoT but aren’t interested in PoF have similar issues with using the new PoF guild hall as well?

It would be great if someone could shed some light on this.

Thanks!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

PoF and Guild Hall Use

Posted by: Outfield.5234

Outfield.5234

Best guess is HoT stuff requires HoT while PoF stuff requires PoF. So your HoT guild hall will remain content locked until you buy it. I don’t think they’ve said anything on it though.

PoF and Guild Hall Use

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Best guess is HoT stuff requires HoT while PoF stuff requires PoF. So your HoT guild hall will remain content locked until you buy it. I don’t think they’ve said anything on it though.

That sounds like a good educated guess. I find it curious that they would want guild halls to be exclusionary due to purchases though if you are indeed correct. Guild hall functionality would be best suited to include all members regardless of purchase in my opinion.

Would still love an official answer to this though.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall