PoF elementalist elite specs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

Q:

so i am wondering a bit about the elite spec for the ele.
will it be like HoT where it can be used with every weapon type and it will change all skills for those weapons, or have the attunement stuff.
or will it just be adding a new weapon which once again is melee focused (seriously getting sad over all the buffs//focus to melee/mid range combat, which indirectly nerfs long range options).

was suppsed to be a question ^^

Posted by: Wulf.5431

Wulf.5431

Wooden Potatoes showed a decent amount for the ele, nothing too in depth but showed the mechanics of it at least. So the weaving of the skills applies to all weapons. If you have a staff and are in fire, then go water, your first 2 skills become water and the middle skill is a hybrid of the two. You don’t have to be sword at all if you don’t want. One thing he was talking about how insane it is is Fresh Air. It still works, and the cool thing is you can swap to air to change your first 2 skills, and then swap to air AGAIN to change your last two skills. And each time you swap to air you get the benefits of swapping to air. Soooo double fresh air.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

So, ele dps will be 80k+, and mesmer can still rock 14k at best…got it.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Nyx.6532

Wooden Potatoes showed a decent amount for the ele, nothing too in depth but showed the mechanics of it at least. So the weaving of the skills applies to all weapons. If you have a staff and are in fire, then go water, your first 2 skills become water and the middle skill is a hybrid of the two. You don’t have to be sword at all if you don’t want. One thing he was talking about how insane it is is Fresh Air. It still works, and the cool thing is you can swap to air to change your first 2 skills, and then swap to air AGAIN to change your last two skills. And each time you swap to air you get the benefits of swapping to air. Soooo double fresh air.

this sounds wrong. this would essentially mean we have 8! attunements to keep track of and it would be insanely annoying trying to figure out if my next swap is now the first 2 or last 2 skills (heat of battle).
the elementalist is already viewed as being to complicated to speedily grasp, them adding this would multiply that issue.

therefore i don’t believe this is how it would work (simply seems to cluttered and confusing)

Could a CM, or equal, pls confirm how this functions?

Posted by: Wulf.5431

Wulf.5431

this sounds wrong. this would essentially mean we have 8! attunements to keep track of and it would be insanely annoying trying to figure out if my next swap is now the first 2 or last 2 skills (heat of battle).
the elementalist is already viewed as being to complicated to speedily grasp, them adding this would multiply that issue.

therefore i don’t believe this is how it would work (simply seems to cluttered and confusing)

Ooookay, but like I just watched the video… I’m sure it’ll be up for you to watch somehow

Nyx.6532

Ooookay, but like I just watched the video… I’m sure it’ll be up for you to watch somehow

i watched it before i wrote here if we are talking the reveal of the exspansion. which is why i wrote because it wasn’t clear at all how this would actually function with different weapons. all we saw was the weapon which specificly needed the trait to use it and there was no mentioned of how it would actually function or if it could even function with other weapon types

any cm/gm or someone with the knowledge that can confirm how it actually will work?