Polearm framework in patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dergs.8109

Dergs.8109

So anyone else looked at the watchwork preview picture and gotten excited by what has to be the model for the “Seraph Polearm”?

I’d gladly trade the underwater spear for an above ground one (In all honesty, an underwater thrusting weapon always seemed a little silly to me).

Just merely a speculation thread, but I am starting to get a little more excited that a polearm may be coming to GW2 in the next batch of weapons they are releasing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

It’ll just be a staff skin.

Dergs.8109

I see why you say this, the model is holding it in roughly the same way as current staves. However, I will gnash my teeth and rend my garments if you are correct. That is clearly a halberd model. God if they give it to spellcasters I’ll be kittened

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

I see why you say this, the model is holding it in roughly the same way as current staves. However, I will gnash my teeth and rend my garments if you are correct. That is clearly a halberd model. God if they give it to spellcasters I’ll be kittened

Would look great on a guardian, though.

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

Its the seraph spear model… http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Seraph_Spear

Dergs.8109

Oh wow… never realized that. Hate that some of my most favorite things that exist in the game, get used about 0.05% of the time. Polearms are too awesome to be wasted like this.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Quoted for truth, because some people make me facepalm. The clockwork soldiers just have an added intelligence chip that allows them to weild underwater weapons on land, something Tyrians lack the brainpower to do.

Posted by: Crimthan.9308

Crimthan.9308

Quoted for truth, because some people make me facepalm. The clockwork soldiers just have an added intelligence chip that allows them to weild underwater weapons on land, something Tyrians lack the brainpower to do.

smh… Nothing irritates me more than the “magical forcefield” that makes me unready my spear for a sword when I emerge from the water. Seriously?? Go to the trouble of making spears underwater, make the animations etc etc, rather than putting that energy into using them on land…

Every class has at least one more weapon type for underwater that we could use instead of that, and many of us would gladly trade the underwater spear for use on land.

I’m hoping for a future release of a Dervish Class with Scythes/Polearm weapons, that will also allow the use of those same weapons for a variety of classes (especially the soldier). Also, release of the Paragon class to bring about the use of Short-Spear/Javelin and shield (that can also be used by soldier & adventuring classes).