Poly-lumin. Undul. Refr. on ascended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Q:

Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Black/Green/Orange) is the jewel that can give your entire character a hue for those who don’t know.

Will it ever be possible to add it to ascended accessories?
This is the same kind of thing as old luck system. You can only get it at the cost of a part of your stats.(downgrading to exotic accessory and having fixed stats on the jewel too)
IMO it shouldn’t give any stats just appearence. Maybe it could be an extra slot on your character that’s called effects or something. That way devs could come up with more effects (footsteps for those who don’t have a legendary etc)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There are a lot of people who really want there to just be a slot specific for those type of items on the equipment menu too. This may be the better approach if they plan to add more in the future.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The jewels should be allowed to be placed into ascended gear

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’d like to see a “special effects” slot for things like Winter’s Presence, the Refractors, Preserved Queen Bee, and Nightfury. Currently, they’re a weird mix of invisible shoulder armor and jewels.

If they ever get around to adding 500 Jewelrymaking, I’d like to see it work in this space.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d like to see a “special effects” slot for things like Winter’s Presence, the Refractors, Preserved Queen Bee, and Nightfury. Currently, they’re a weird mix of invisible shoulder armor and jewels.

If they ever get around to adding 500 Jewelrymaking, I’d like to see it work in this space.

yes please

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

You sir are absolutely correct. There’s a confusion of item-slotting vs. displayable effects, they must have a concise choice. IMO they should concentrate effect slots in jewelry (ascended-only?) as they’re easier to acquire. The effect “orbs” or “jewels” could be hard to get, and could range from a faint body glow to Forsaken Thicket ghostly aura for example. I very much approve a rework in this sense. It would be superb. We know there would be those who would stack a lot of effects, but hey, we can’t blame them for not having creativity! \o

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

While you wait for this to happen (and I hope it does), there are a variety of Hylek Potions that can give you several colors. Less convenient than the socketed item, of course.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

We know there would be those who would stack a lot of effects, but hey, we can’t blame them for not having creativity! \o

Heck, if we just have one “special effect” slot, we don’t even have to worry about effect overload.

What happens now if you wear Nightfury, a Refractor, a Ghostly Infusion, and a Queen Bee? Does one override the others, or do you just shut down your computer get extra creativity points?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~