Population is low on my server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mnguyen.5142

mnguyen.5142

Well not zero – I was exaggerating. But is it just me or does it seem like no one plays this game anymore? LA is dead. WvW is dead. All the highly populated areas feel like ghost towns…

Like any other game, it’s no fun when no one’s playing.

World: Borlis Pass

“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” – Voltaire

(edited by mnguyen.5142)

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I’m gonna go ahead and judge you by your question.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

its probably your server not the game.

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

Could just be people are waiting for the Jan 28 update.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

There are still alot of people playing in Borlis Pass. Heck, even the starting areas are populated.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: mnguyen.5142

mnguyen.5142

I’m in Borlis Pass…

“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” – Voltaire

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

GW2 is probably the most populated mmorpg atm.
so if GW2 is “dead”, how would you describe other fairly populated mmorpg’s?

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Err… Got any statistics to back that up?

It’s not dead, but we have no idea how many people are playing this compared to…well…compared to the big-shot WoW.

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

You gotta be kidding me lol, This game has a huge population! I see people all over the place!

(Server: Crystal Desert)

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I’m in Borlis Pass…

Well, if you are wondering, there is actually plenty of things to do each day. Just last week, I’ve been playing with different and large groups of people each day. But that was last week, I haven’t played yet due to school but when I went to check on my guild, there are still plenty of people around LA, and that was yesterday.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

One word for the population or lack there of.

Fractals.

Fractals have essentially fractured the community.

Why do any other content when frac runs are so lucrative in comparison?

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Fractals.

Because other stuff is more fun?

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Because other stuff is more fun?[/quote]

Don’t even bother man, these people don’t care how much fun they have as long as they get their phat lewtz at the end.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Sadly, that is fairly true. Some people seem to have the attitude that if it doesn’t get gold fast it must not be worth doing.

I think some times people forget that this is a game they play to have fun. If I wanted stress and pressure to get results I’d just spend more time at work.

Posted by: Tilah.3041

Tilah.3041

Aren’t most zones phased? Not sure if that has anything to do with it. The servers seem full to me, judging by the status on the World listing. I saw plenty of people, not much, questing in a starting zone. The game is widespread or people are active all over. However, I’m not sure how that all comes together.

Posted by: Khemizt.5104

Khemizt.5104

Well not zero – I was exaggerating. But is it just me or does it seem like no one plays this game anymore? LA is dead. WvW is dead. All the highly populated areas feel like ghost towns…

The game has been dying at an extremely fast pace, Anet has not stuck to their promises and released mechanics into the game that were never supposed to be there, causing people that didn’t like these changes to leave and with the hype from the game gone they are not able to increase the population as noone can trust Anets ability to deliver compelling content.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The game has been dying at an extremely fast pace

I’d love to know how you got this information! Please please do tell!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Extraordinary_claims_require_extraordinary_evidence

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

I’m on Erdon Terrace, very busy even with the Maw bugged!

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

oh look, its this thread again.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Nah, no where near zero, just done my daily in Frostgorge Sound, tons of people there especially for the dragon event. GW2 don’t have quest hubs like other games, the population is much more widely spread out as a result. Plus most of vet players are already lvl 80 and hang around high lvl maps for most part. Hopefully after the next few updates that will change.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

LA dead? There are permanent overflows since fotm patch did you even play this game in past few months?

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Err… Got any statistics to back that up?

It’s not dead, but we have no idea how many people are playing this compared to…well…compared to the big-shot WoW.

WoW is a statistical outlier and should be ignored.

I my yearly income is about 0.001% of Warren Buffet’s. Yet I do earn good money.

MMOs are healthy at about 300k active population at peak moments. Pretty sure gw2 tops that easily. The absolute worst thing in MMOs is staring at WoW and not taking action. Eve online learned that having a fraction of WoWs subscribers is more than plenty, and doesn’t change it’s game into a panda fantasy MMO with mounts.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The game has been dying at an extremely fast pace, Anet has not stuck to their promises and released mechanics into the game that were never supposed to be there, causing people that didn’t like these changes to leave and with the hype from the game gone they are not able to increase the population as noone can trust Anets ability to deliver compelling content.

Of course you have the proof to back up what amounts to nothing more than “YOUR” opinions.
Show me an MMO over the last 10 years that was launched with everything everyone ever wanted in it right out of the box….

As for what you call compelling content… that is purely subjective and everyone has their own opinion. I personally dont have any issues with the content and the mechanics, sure tweaks and patches will always be required cos that’s the nature of any MMO, especially one in its infantcy and as the game evolves new mechanics will get implemented along the way… just like any other MMO out there.

If you choose to blast through a new game only to find there is brick wall at the end of the rainbow with no patience for the next delivery of stuff to do, then that’s your problem.
Perhaps announe to the GW2 forum community what it is you feel so let down by… and if your gunna cry about Fractals, then maybe first consider – are you forced to run them or are you choosing to run them cos that is purely down to you not ANET…. in other words do you trust YOURSELF to deliver the right decision that suits YOU best!!

EDIT – I am on Underworld and every map I jump into seems to have a decent level of chat spam LFM’s from players looking for groups or wanting to players for groups, as it should be (until some better LFM is implemented in game).
Dungeons are always a hive of activity as well, and of course LA is always overflowed for me with Fractals thriving, as it should cos its new…. so no problems on UNderworld – but that’s purely my opinion… see what I did there!

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Just done a dragon at 7am in Europe on a workday…

There were hordes of players…

Just need to know where to look, basically where all the best chance of loot is…

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Of course you have the proof to back up what amounts to nothing more than “YOUR” opinions.
Show me an MMO over the last 10 years that was launched with everything everyone ever wanted in it right out of the box….

As for what you call compelling content… that is purely subjective and everyone has their own opinion. I personally dont have any issues with the content and the mechanics, sure tweaks and patches will always be required cos that’s the nature of any MMO, especially one in its infantcy and as the game evolves new mechanics will get implemented along the way… just like any other MMO out there.

If you choose to blast through a new game only to find there is brick wall at the end of the rainbow with no patience for the next delivery of stuff to do, then that’s your problem.
Perhaps announe to the GW2 forum community what it is you feel so let down by… and if your gunna cry about Fractals, then maybe first consider – are you forced to run them or are you choosing to run them cos that is purely down to you not ANET…. in other words do you trust YOURSELF to deliver the right decision that suits YOU best!!

Not defending or attacking any post here, just wanted to say that Fractals did pull a large number of people from the other dungeons and open world. Not saying Fractals is better or worse or anything, it just is what it is.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

What server are you on? I’ve felt that way for awhile now(even during xmas) and I recently xfer’d to SoR from SBI…yea definitely the server.

Totally worth it imo. Chat is busy, people are still lfg/talking in mapchat in remote places/etc.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

It’s your server.

Desolation is very active, including the low/mid level zones (at least those are far more active than WoW Frostwhisper was passed vanilla), LA is always overflowing (sorry) with LFG/LFM criers and trakittenalk.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

The server is the problem. In these posts people never tell the server they play on, dunno why.

I am lucky to play on desolation. WvW has queues until late at night & LA always has overflow. It is just that because they are going to make transfers paid most guild are moving to the servers with the highest population possible. This is clear, since we see strong changes in server strength for T1 WvW.

Posted by: Fault.8735

Fault.8735

move now to a high pop server while u can for free.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Fractals.

Stop blaming something in the game that you dont like or disagree with NOT EVERYONE IS IN FRACTALS AT ALL TIMES DURING THEIR PLAY TIME.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

OP, that’s your server. I tested one of these low populated server, it was a pain for the dragons and the dungeons. Change the server and you will find the people.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

I’m not sure on Borliss Pass where you’re hiding or what hours you’re playing, but whenever I play there, the place is jam packed full of people. Lion’s Arch still puts me into overflow sometimes, the other cities have plenty of people roaming around in them, and there are always groups to do dynamic events. There are map chats in a lot of non-city maps, and whenever I call for help for an event, plenty of people show up.

What hours do you play?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I wouldnt say that. Id say its probably one of the most hottest, if not hottest MMO in terms of hype, popularity, and “freshness”. But populated, no. That crown goes to WoW and until Blizzard closes shop, things will stay like that.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Whats the base on this argument?