Population falling ?

Population falling ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

What happened to the servers until a week ago BG, JQ and TC were full and now are high and others are moderate? someone can explain me.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Game is emptier lately, although still fairly populated. Alot of people moved to the other newer games that popped up after having a heart attack over the upcoming patch that will completely ruin the game forever and ever (sarcasm).

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Population falling ?

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I seem to recall there were some discounts to move from the top tier WvW servers, the you listed for the WvW season, so that might explain some population drop.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Maerassarth.4710

Maerassarth.4710

I may be wrong, but I remember hearing somewhere that Anet raised the server population caps recently, for the T1 servers at least, which would explain them no longer being ‘full’.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Game is emptier lately, although still fairly populated. Alot of people moved to the other newer games that popped up after having a heart attack over the upcoming patch that will completely ruin the game forever and ever (sarcasm).

No that definitely wouldn’t be it. The population has been falling for much longer than that. the patch is an attempt to stop the bleeding. Most of the changes being made should have been made a year ago or so. There will still be many that should be done after the update. Plus nobody really wants to put much time into the game when they are going to have so much to do after the patch if you are referring to the core GW2 players. Lets not forget ESO that just launched. It’s art style will be more appealing to some and those bored with GW2 will play that probably until Everquest releases.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Spring is here. Maybe people want to go outside?

Population falling ?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Spring is here. Maybe people want to go outside?

Most likely this it seems that the summer and spring months are bad for gaming because ppl simply go out side.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Population falling ?

Posted by: AyuReady.3952

AyuReady.3952

Same reason starcraft is dying.

daed gaem daed

Population falling ?

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

They raised the server caps. The sky isn’t falling.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

ArenaNet has raised the server caps twice in the past. Considering the half-off sales promotion, and the amount of posts from new players, they thought it best to raise the caps once again.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What happened to the servers until a week ago BG, JQ and TC were full and now are high and others are moderate? someone can explain me.

Unknown, but it is also possible that Anet is changing the server caps again. Remember, they are periodically adjusted, not static. That’s why they don’t mean anything (a “full” state today may be lower than “moderate” on launch).
Sudden changes in server states are never a sign of people not playing – according to Anet server states are based on number of active accounts on the server, not the number of actually playing people. To lower that, some accounts would need to move to inactive status (which takes months), or transfer to other servers. Or, as i mentioned before, Anet might tweak the cap.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Population falling ?

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

I’ve only logged in twice in the past few weeks. It’s largely because there’s nothing to do but champ farms or dailies. Before, the Living Story updates were released every few weeks or so and the content of them kept me entertained and logging in everyday.

I don’t even have any friends logging in to play either. Not all of them are trying TESO, Landmark or Wildstar. Some just truly find real life more interesting than GW2 right now.

Population falling ?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The population you see there is not the amount of players playing but the amount of accounts created on that server. Since we all know players quit and stop playing at times, Arenanet can increase the server cap for accounts and they usually do this when is a sale promotion (there is a 50% off sale running) so players can join any server they want.

It would be fun to see how their system would react if a ton of old players decided to come back all at once and push the server beyond the limit :P

Population falling ?

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

ArenaNet has raised the server caps twice in the past. Considering the half-off sales promotion, and the amount of posts from new players, they thought it best to raise the caps once again.

I gather you know this because Anet announced this previously. If there were no news from Anet, I would just go ahead and say people are taking a break or are moving on.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Right now, the game has very little to offer.

No LS, quality aside, at least it gave a reason to lock in and play a bit.
No new content at all, like zones, dungeons, professions or whatever.
No rewards.

Right now you only have the same old same as you had forever. I see very little motivation to play what I have seen before, multiple times, for monthes and monthes.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I gather you know this because Anet announced this previously. If there were no news from Anet, I would just go ahead and say people are taking a break or are moving on.

Yes, ArenaNet did announce this previously. A couple of times. Here is one such announcement:

ColinJohanson

Game Director

Due to a number of servers approaching full with a recent influx of new players from the sale on Gw2 that just ended, the server capacity was recently increased for a number of servers yes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Server-capacity-increased-again/first#post1799655

Population falling ?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Every single time Anet runs a sale on Guild Wars, they raise the population cap. Every, time.

It’s not the first time we’ve seen this thread and it won’t be the last. Servers don’t spontaneously drop like that on all servers over night.

Anet raised the cap so new people could get into the servers they want.

Population falling ?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Just a reminder: Anet announced serveal times that server population is counted by accounts registered, not but active player-base, therefore, a server falling in population is literally impossible, unless they change the capacity or change the counting system.

Mega-server is coming and sale have been under way for a while now, Anet therefore have been tweaking the servers.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

The population of every game falls with age. Newer games come out, people finish the game they’re playing and achieve all their goals and just move on. I don’t know a single game that people can play every single day for years and still have fun.

We also have newer players come in and sometimes older players come back so the population can have a small growth spurt. But ultimately, it will diminish over time.

Until it falls under a sustainable number, there’s not much to worry about.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

What Gumball said. It’s mathematically impossible for the population of all servers to drop, they only increase or transfer from one world to another. This isn’t a subscription MMORPG.

The population fraction can drop if the capacity is increased. The capacity must be increased because you don’t want a whole group of new players raging on the forums that they can’t join their friends for those worlds being full.

And if anything, people I know are JOINING the game in relatively high numbers, because of how the pricing for TESO turned out – the game they were waiting for at first. Let’s face it, even players who really, really like the TES franchise might feel the game is 3, maybe 5 times better than Guild Wars 2, but for it to be worth the purchase, relative to a 50% discounted GW2, it’d literally have to be 10+ times better than GW2.

That is pretty much impossible.

I played RuneScape for several years, so it’s possible to play an MMORPG for that long. That said, that was because of the XP malus in F2P – within 14 months of creation a P2P account I simply 99-ed every skill (16 of them in one massive firework party at the end), level capped and quit.

GW2 I’ve level capped for some time, and continue to play.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Population falling ?

Khal Drogo.9631

Just a reminder: Anet announced serveal times that server population is counted by accounts registered, not but active player-base, therefore, a server falling in population is literally impossible, unless they change the capacity or change the counting system.

Mega-server is coming and sale have been under way for a while now, Anet therefore have been tweaking the servers.

I see, so if the servers dont reach “Full” again means the sale hasnt been very successful or they overestimated the number of new players? I had assumed server population has been counted by the number of active players – guess MMO companies want to keep that number a secret.

Population falling ?

Hayashi.3416

All gaming companies keep that a secret, frankly.

Population falling ?

Khal Drogo.9631

What Gumball said. It’s mathematically impossible for the population of all servers to drop, they only increase or transfer from one world to another. This isn’t a subscription MMORPG.

The population fraction can drop if the capacity is increased. The capacity must be increased because you don’t want a whole group of new players raging on the forums that they can’t join their friends for those worlds being full.

And if anything, people I know are JOINING the game in relatively high numbers, because of how the pricing for TESO turned out – the game they were waiting for at first. Let’s face it, even players who really, really like the TES franchise might feel the game is 3, maybe 5 times better than Guild Wars 2, but for it to be worth the purchase, relative to a 50% discounted GW2, it’d literally have to be 10+ times better than GW2.

I played RuneScape for several years, so it’s possible. That said, that was because of the XP malus in F2P – within 14 months of creation a P2P account I simply 99-ed every skill (16 of them in one massive firework party at the end), level capped and quit.

You are comparing a PG quaggan friendly Living Story franchise to a darker M fantasy franchise filled to the brim with Elder Scrolls lore? Apples and oranges.

Of course, the target market of the former would find the sub fee too expensive. Personally I dont like the sub fee but I dont intend to play every 30 days.

Population falling ?

Nage.1520

I played RuneScape for several years, so it’s possible. That said, that was because of the XP malus in F2P – within 14 months of creation a P2P account I simply 99-ed every skill (16 of them in one massive firework party at the end), level capped and quit.

You are comparing a PG quaggan friendly Living Story franchise to a darker M fantasy franchise filled to the brim with Elder Scrolls lore? Apples and oranges.

Of course, the target market of the former would find the sub fee too expensive. Personally I dont like the sub fee but I dont intend to play every 30 days.

I love how people think something “light” is necessarily for younger people. There’s a whole lot of older people who don’t like dark as well. And those people have plenty of money to spend on gaming.

I’d personally prefer a darker storyline, but ESO was so generic, it wasn’t the darker storyline I was looking for.

Population falling ?

Hayashi.3416

You must understand that to many new players we’re talking MMORPG vs MMORPG, and they don’t give a crap about GW/TES lore since they’re new to both. Or rather, even if you don’t agree, it doesn’t change their decision making at all.

In such an instance, the king is value-for-money, and because it’s that much more expensive, TESO can’t ever compare with GW2 for that. The people I know here are starting to join GW2, steadily… though my community in itself is slow to join MMORPGs.

I love how people think something “light” is necessarily for younger people. There’s a whole lot of older people who don’t like dark as well. And those people have plenty of money to spend on gaming.

This is essentially a large part of the pony community, to the complete confusion of the creators of that series.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Population falling ?

Khal Drogo.9631

I’d personally prefer a darker storyline, but ESO was so generic, it wasn’t the darker storyline I was looking for.

How is ESO generic? There are so many quests, far more than GW2, involving multiple storylines that are beyond a children’s storybook and deal with mature content and have much more quality voice-acting – not to say GW2 voice acting is bad but its sparser.

As for the"older people with lots of money" to spend on gaming, imagine the cries of righteous indignation if SAB was to be put behind a paywall.

You must understand that to many new players we’re talking MMORPG vs MMORPG, and they don’t give a crap about GW/TES lore since they’re new to both. Or rather, even if you don’t agree, it doesn’t change their decision making at all.

In such an instance, the king is value-for-money, and because it’s that much more expensive, TESO can’t ever compare with GW2 for that. The people I know here are starting to join GW2, steadily… though my community in itself is slow to join MMORPGs.

Man I am really tired of logging in daily just to craft my mats for ascended daily, or killing Teq daily for months and not see a Sunless weapon, going to COF P1 for the ten thousandth time. Even guild missions become a drag.

Whereas in TESO, new zones and new dungeons are rolled out at the end of month for people who level cap very quickly. This is within the first month of launch. Whatever your criticism of Zenimax, they dont sit on their behind.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Population falling ?

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

How is ESO generic? There are so many quests, far more than GW2, involving multiple storylines that are beyond a children’s storybook and deal with mature content and have much more quality voice-acting – not to say GW2 voice acting is bad but its sparser.

Oh yes – loads of FedEx quests and not much else. Artificial barriers preventing the player from truly exploring the world of Tamriel (the very essence of EVERY ES game) and some of the most laughable, phoned-in voice acting I’ve heard in years.

Whereas in TESO, new zones and new dungeons are rolled out at the end of month for people who level cap very quickly. This is within the first month of launch. Whatever your criticism of Zenimax, they dont sit on their behind.

The wonders of a triple-dip payment system – box, sub and cash shop (not to mention an entire race locked behind a paywall). Of course they can afford to churn out new dungeons to grind every month!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Population falling ?

Nage.1520

As for the"older people with lots of money" to spend on gaming, imagine the cries of righteous indignation if SAB was to be put behind a paywall.

Man I am really tired of logging in daily just to craft my mats for ascended daily, or killing Teq daily for months and not see a Sunless weapon, going to COF P1 for the ten thousandth time. Even guild missions become a drag.

Of course TESO has new zones. It’s a new game.

But the idea that the quests weren’t generic just because they were dark and voiced? Absolutely nothing in that game that made me feel like I was playing an elder scrolls game and you know…I’m not the only person who had this problem. A lot of Elder Scrolls fans are equally annoyed.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I bet after the patch tomoz they go back to full…or it could have something to do with the implementation of MEGASERVERS (by law this word has to be said in bold capitals).

Population falling ?

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

More like underwhelmed.
This is becoming a graveyard, with no REAL content in sight.

Some of us can’t get hyped over server changes and dye updates…
Some of us want expansions, new playable races/clases, and new lands.

But this is to be expect from Devs that removed suggestions forums, I think this is a hissy-fit from the Dev being trolled in WvW trying to stop a Guild on Guild Battle…
Yea… why would we want that, in a game called GUILD WARS 2.

Clearly the Devs and white knights are right.
It’s OUR fault for expecting more, it’s not like some of us are customers and support the Gem-store…

Well… at least not anymore.

It’s no longer about debating the problem or cause, it has moved past that.
The empty servers speak for themselves, and you can’t see what the message is… then you are as clueless as the GW2 Devs.

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

Population falling ?

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Preview of S2 tomorrow. Anet won’t drop the hype ball (I assume).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Population falling ?

Khal Drogo.9631

Oh yes – loads of FedEx quests and not much else. Artificial barriers preventing the player from truly exploring the world of Tamriel (the very essence of EVERY ES game) and some of the most laughable, phoned-in voice acting I’ve heard in years.

The wonders of a triple-dip payment system – box, sub and cash shop (not to mention an entire race locked behind a paywall). Of course they can afford to churn out new dungeons to grind every month!

Well imho the voice acting is at least on par or better with GW2’s voice acting – they even got John Cleese saying a few lines. Unless you dont know who John Cleese is of course.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/the-elder-scrolls-online-voice-cast-includes-john-cleese-and-dumbledore

Err no, its not a “triple dip” system. Go watch popular Twitch streamers playing ESO, people keep repeating the same misconceptions about the cash shop – its only selling a mid tier horse that can be bought with in game gold.

As for a race being locked behind a “pay-wall” yes well its a one time off $20 increase much like how digital edition GW2 was initally released without the option to buy using gems restricting use of one of the best summon elite skills. The race bonuses arent imbalanced in anyway – its just a personal preference.

Population falling ?

Khal Drogo.9631

But the idea that the quests weren’t generic just because they were dark and voiced? Absolutely nothing in that game that made me feel like I was playing an elder scrolls game and you know…I’m not the only person who had this problem. A lot of Elder Scrolls fans are equally annoyed.

Err no, it has new zones added after one month of release – not just the zones that were in the release.

As if you weren’t swinging the sword over and over again and mashing the F button in GW2 quests.

I dont really want to discuss ESO on a GW2 forum – but its my honest opinion about that game. I dont know how many people can realistically play two MMOs simultaneously though.

Population falling ?

maddoctor.2738

I see, so if the servers dont reach “Full” again means the sale hasnt been very successful or they overestimated the number of new players? I had assumed server population has been counted by the number of active players – guess MMO companies want to keep that number a secret.

Or, once the sale is over, they will list highly active servers as “Full” and less active servers as “Moderate” or “High” so newer players must select less populated servers instead of the most active ones, to spread the population around.

Then when the next sale comes they will increase the caps again, so the influx of new players can select from all servers again because even the “Full” servers are losing players over time and those players have to be replaced.

And to restate for one more time: the server population shows how many accounts are registered on a server, it’s a value that can change by Anet on the fly (by tweaking the cap) so the newer players have a better understanding of which server is more active than the others.

And it has nothing to do directly with the game losing players due to other games being released or about to be released or anything of the sort. I’m not claiming the game isn’t losing players, because it IS, as all games do, but due to the sale it’s also gaining more players as well.

All this in-before the lock since people turned this into a <random new game> vs GW2 thread again…

Population falling ?

Khal Drogo.9631

Or, once the sale is over, they will list highly active servers as “Full” and less active servers as “Moderate” or “High” so newer players must select less populated servers instead of the most active ones, to spread the population around.

Then when the next sale comes they will increase the caps again, so the influx of new players can select from all servers again because even the “Full” servers are losing players over time and those players have to be replaced.

And to restate for one more time: the server population shows how many accounts are registered on a server, it’s a value that can change by Anet on the fly (by tweaking the cap) so the newer players have a better understanding of which server is more active than the others.

And it has nothing to do directly with the game losing players due to other games being released or about to be released or anything of the sort. I’m not claiming the game isn’t losing players, because it IS, as all games do, but due to the sale it’s also gaining more players as well.

All this in-before the lock since people turned this into a <random new game> vs GW2 thread again…

Except that server “populations” (misnomer it should read: cap – registered players) have decreased universally and not tweaked for redistribution purposes.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Guildwars 2 has a very large user base……it will take a long time for it to deplete. All the players talking about “Players Leaving” and predicting doomsday forget to notice that they themselves have not been able to stop playing this game……GW2 has not much competition as of now. None of the current mmos are up to the mark. (Excluding alpha beta trials) Anybody who disagrees should be on that game’s forums and not here.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Except that server “populations” (misnomer it should read: cap – registered players) have decreased universally and not tweaked for redistribution purposes.

Yes, exactly, The very fact that the change was universal and sudden suggests it was Anet raising caps.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Population falling ?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Err no, it has new zones added after one month of release – not just the zones that were in the release.

As if you weren’t swinging the sword over and over again and mashing the F button in GW2 quests.

I dont really want to discuss ESO on a GW2 forum – but its my honest opinion about that game. I dont know how many people can realistically play two MMOs simultaneously though.

Question: How do you know the new zones aren’t simply content that was supposed to be there for launch but didn’t quite make it, rather than a content update that was planned for a month after launch?

Also, I play a number of MMO’s on and off, depending on what takes my fancy (different setting, different types of gameplay ect).

In terms of the active population (after all, it’s hardly worth counting someone who hasn’t played in a year), whether it’s rising or falling, only ANet knows.

To be honest, I can’t blame them for not releasing numbers:

• Numbers lower than a year ago = THE GAME IS DYING!!!!
  • Numbers only marginally bigger or steady = THE GAME ISN’T THRIVING!!!!
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Population falling ?

maddoctor.2738

It’s simple really, the caps are always getting tweaked when there is a sale. We currently have a sale, so the cap was raised universally to allow players to move to any server of their choice. No conspiracy theories exist here and it doesn’t have to do with actual population drop.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well imho the voice acting is at least on par or better with GW2’s voice acting – they even got John Cleese saying a few lines. Unless you dont know who John Cleese is of course.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/the-elder-scrolls-online-voice-cast-includes-john-cleese-and-dumbledore

Err no, its not a “triple dip” system. Go watch popular Twitch streamers playing ESO, people keep repeating the same misconceptions about the cash shop – its only selling a mid tier horse that can be bought with in game gold.

As for a race being locked behind a “pay-wall” yes well its a one time off $20 increase much like how digital edition GW2 was initally released without the option to buy using gems restricting use of one of the best summon elite skills. The race bonuses arent imbalanced in anyway – its just a personal preference.

ESO’s problem is it feels so dead. NPC’s stand, sit, but basically do nothing. They don’t have conversations with each others (although they do talk to themselves). The combat mechanics are terrible. Melee range is a huge radius and you don’t need to be close to anything to kill it Also, it has LESS skills than GW2 and the combat is based on a console FPS combat. You can’t make a good looking character – they all look like they are ‘strung out’.

The Imperial Race lockout IS NOT the same what GW2 does. You can play all the races in GW2, you just get some bling and a finisher – totally different. If you think Mist Wolves are a good elite, you haven’t used the others, it is very mediocre at best.

In ESO, as in SWTOR, they spent there money on actors doing voices, but unlike SWTOR, that is all they did. Michael Gambon as one and John Cleese as the other big voice and all I thought was, this was a waste of time.

During the beta, other players talked about how free the exploration was. Well, I did that and I can tell you it was NOT very explorable. I hit more glass walls than in GW1 and almost every building you walk into is it’s own little map, zoning is everywhere and annoying.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Population falling ?

Nage.1520

So it had zones added that were programmed before release as part of the main game and didn’t make it into launch. If you think they’re going to keep doing that, not going to happen. You’ll see.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

ESO’s problem is it feels so dead. NPC’s stand, sit, but basically do nothing. They don’t have conversations with each others (although they do talk to themselves). The combat mechanics are terrible. Melee range is a huge radius and you don’t need to be close to anything to kill it Also, it has LESS skills than GW2 and the combat is based on a console FPS combat. You can’t make a good looking character – they all look like they are ‘strung out’.

The Imperial Race lockout IS NOT the same what GW2 does. You can play all the races in GW2, you just get some bling and a finisher – totally different. If you think Mist Wolves are a good elite, you haven’t used the others, it is very mediocre at best.

In ESO, as in SWTOR, they spent there money on actors doing voices, but unlike SWTOR, that is all they did. Michael Gambon as one and John Cleese as the other big voice and all I thought was, this was a waste of time.

During the beta, other players talked about how free the exploration was. Well, I did that and I can tell you it was NOT very explorable. I hit more glass walls than in GW1 and almost every building you walk into is it’s own little map, zoning is everywhere and annoying.

So it’s literally an MMO version of Skyrim then?

Population falling ?

Posted by: Arrion.2185

Arrion.2185

Guessing none of you have heard about this mythical thing called real life, in which people lose their jobs, maybe internet, go on vacation and leave their games behind, or God forbid have a loss in the family, or tests, and exams to begin cramming for, as the school year draws more quickly to a close.

Population falling ?

Darkobra.6439

Guessing none of you have heard about this mythical thing called real life, in which people lose their jobs, maybe internet, go on vacation and leave their games behind, or God forbid have a loss in the family, or tests, and exams to begin cramming for, as the school year draws more quickly to a close.

Happens every day of the year. Doesn’t explain a mass exodus.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

So. Player population decreasing – everyone’s just busy with real life?
Incorrect. That might be true for some, but there are also people who are genuinely bored with waiting new meaningful real content and move to other games.

For me as a WvW player there have been 0 game refreshing updates for I don’t even know how long time. EOTM is not WvW, no one even in my guild plays it. No one wanted leagues and ranks are too insignificant to drastically change anything – the way you play.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

So it’s literally an MMO version of Skyrim then?

It wasn’t that good to me, Skyrim was WAY better. Basically the developers took the basic GTA game, put a little swipe of ES on top and made it a ‘kind of’ MMO. The PvP is also NOT that good – it is too big and too dependent on zergs.

Population falling ?

Nage.1520

Because there hasn’t been one. You have no evidence. WvW is busy pretty much all the time. The same exact thing happened during season one…and back then we didn’t have Edge of the Mists to play in either.

Population falling ?

Darkobra.6439

Because there hasn’t been one. You have no evidence. WvW is busy pretty much all the time. The same exact thing happened during season one…and back then we didn’t have Edge of the Mists to play in either.

Of course there has been. Every single game has one. It’s not enough to kill off the game but there is a drastic population reduction. To say otherwise is blind faith or lack of experience of previous MMOs.

Also, WvW is busy all the time on… which servers again? There are a few servers that would tell you you’re wrong. The bandwagon jumping to the top three servers that everyone did is why there are such concentrated battles in WvW. You can’t use that to disprove anything.

Population falling ?

Posted by: Arrion.2185

Arrion.2185

Oh yes. The last month(s) of cramming for those big tests that matter the most happen every day of the year.

Of course there’s also the possibility, of ignoring a still failing economy, that people eventually get bored, burnt out, and take a break.

I myself juggle between Aion, Tera, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Fable: The Lost Chappters, Assassins Creed, II, Brotherhood, Revolations, Diablo III, Path of Exile, Skyrim, NiGHTS: Into Dreams, Hearthstone, and Yes for the lols, Nyan cat.

Population falling ?

Darkobra.6439

Oh yes. The last month(s) of cramming for those big tests that matter the most happen every day of the year.

True when you’re still at school. When you reach university, there are ALWAYS big tests. ALWAYS big projects. You’re lucky to have a day to yourself. Something for you to look forward to!