Popup windows

Popup windows

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

hey guys,

here is something i really don’t understand. why are all the popups appearing midscreen?
wouldn’t it be possible to place them at the screen boarders?
this goes for every popup in the game. you are fighting or doing whatever and suddenly there is a popup in mid.
maybe at least save the last position where it was closed.
for example you are queueing for tpvp and doing some stuff in the meantime.
or queueing for wvw, or at the end of a fractal, or being in overflow etc.
it would be really nice to see this one changed

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Popup windows

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

They probably pop up in the middle of the screen so that they get maximum attention, so you’ll deal with them immediately. They’re distracting from whatever you were doing before, but, as they signal the end of the wait for something else, that’s part of the point.

While they’d still be noticeable if they appeared off to the side, appearing in the middle makes sense, and it’s really what I’d expect from a UI design perspective.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Popup windows

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The fractals one is counter productive tho when you want to see your way to the chest before hitting ready. Sometimes I just hit it and think I’ll just rush to the chest and still get it – not even, you failed because everyone else beat you or also readied up.

They need to adjust where some of them appear.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Popup windows

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think they show up in the center so no matter what shape monitor and resolution you’re at, you’ll see it. If you got a fractal popup that you had to click to let everyone in your party proceed, and it was off the edge of the screen, there’d be some unhappiness.

Popup windows

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i get the points, but from my perspective i don’t want to be forced to accept them where they appear. at least the ones which are able to move (like the one in the fractals), should remember their last position.
or positioning slightly off middle would still be remarkable without getting everything off sight

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”