Portable Merchants

Portable Merchants

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Are there any guidelines as to how these merchants work?
There seems to be 2 types.
Type 1 seems to be a personal merchant which can only be used by the player who spawns it , and Type 2 which can be used by any nearby players.
They look identical, but if someone spawns the personal type it prevents anyone else from spawning the type that anyone can use.
If you try, you get an error message that this item cannot be used here.
Is this intentional design or just a bug?

Portable Merchants

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Type 2 which everyone can access is the gem store merchant express

Type one, which is for the owner only is the permanent personal merchant express

Presumably it’s intentional design that the personal access is personal. Otherwise people could spawn it everywhere for everyone and make the gemstore merchant less valuable.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Portable Merchants

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Are there any guidelines as to how these merchants work?
There seems to be 2 types.
Type 1 seems to be a personal merchant which can only be used by the player who spawns it , and Type 2 which can be used by any nearby players.
They look identical, but if someone spawns the personal type it prevents anyone else from spawning the type that anyone can use.
If you try, you get an error message that this item cannot be used here.
Is this intentional design or just a bug?

I’m not 100% sure on this, but I’m fairly sure that the ones others can use are summoned by the gem store items, whereas the ones that other cannot use are created by the Permanent Contracts.

Portable Merchants

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

And further to this, people have asked for a while that the one that’s only available to the player with the contract should only be visible to the player with the contract.

Or that the merchant at least make some sarcastic reply when you interact with him instead of just staring blankly.

“I don’t barter with shmucks. You look like a shmuck.”

Something like that.

Portable Merchants

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Didn’t know.
Thank you.

Portable Merchants

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

And further to this, people have asked for a while that the one that’s only available to the player with the contract should only be visible to the player with the contract.

Or that the merchant at least make some sarcastic reply when you interact with him instead of just staring blankly.

“I don’t barter with shmucks. You look like a shmuck.”

Something like that.

ehh, mmo’s end games are showing off your loot/gear/etc, not being able to see permanent merchant/tp would go against those ideals XD