Possibility for a race change item?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I really hope we can buy an item from the gem shop that would allow us to change our race. Back when I was making my main character, I had no idea I was going to fall in love with the class/character so much. I like to roll-play with all my characters (every single one is an adaptation from Game of Thrones) and back when I was making my main, it was a hard decision between Norn and Asura. I had already made an Asura so I wanted to see what the Norn story was like.

After I’ve done every story line mission and pretty much everything else in the game with that character, the only thing I regret is not choosing Asura. The animations are better and the look fits the class better than my big and clumsy looking norn.

If the only thing blocking an item like this is the personal story, if you made it so the item was only available to those who completed the personal story wouldn’t that remove any possible blocks? Please make this happen. There’s nothing in this game that I want more than to make my Norn into an Asura. I am NOT willing to re-roll the class either. I’m not willing to lose out on all the soul-bound weapons and armor and I’m also not willing to completely delete and erase a character which I have over 1500 hours played on.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

I to wish for such an addition

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

No. Never. Never ever. This is tantamount to saying “I don’t want to play the game”.

If you want an Asura then make a new Asura and make different choices in your story than you did last time.

BTW, roll-play is what you do when PvP consists of rolling dice and performing Strength and Dexterity checks against your opponent instead of actually using the game engine. Role play is when you play the role of a character in an imaginary world.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

randomfightfan.4091

No. Never. Never ever. This is tantamount to saying “I don’t want to play the game”.

If you want an Asura then make a new Asura and make different choices in your story than you did last time.

BTW, roll-play is what you do when PvP consists of rolling dice and performing Strength and Dexterity checks against your opponent instead of actually using the game engine. Role play is when you play the role of a character in an imaginary world.

I have 7 level 80s and have played every story line of every race except char and norn (1 of each). How am I not willing to play the game just because I want the character I love to be smaller and have cooler animations? Maybe I just don’t want to go through leveling another character to 80, farm a full set of armor and weapons. Replace some of my super rare skins and t3 armor with ascended trinkets and backpiece.

Nothing else you said makes sense or is even slightly relevant to this thread.

Posted by: Ezpz.7612

Ezpz.7612

^yea it would be nice not to have to redo hundreds of hours of work just for a cosmetic change +1

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Seems like a coding nightmare. I want resources towards new content and open world polishing.

Posted by: Ezpz.7612

Ezpz.7612

It wouldn’t be that bad if you were okay with the personal story just getting reset I think

randomfightfan.4091

^
I’d be completely fine with starting back at story level 0 and working my way back to Zhaitan as long as I was able to keep all my levels, gear, skills, and everything else. The hardest thing I can see being looked at is, in my case, the T3 armors. I have norn t3 so how could that be looked at without losing out on HUNDREDS of gold from the armor itself, the transmutation crystals, the exotic armors used to transmute, and the runes inside the armor. I’d be completely fine with a straight cross-over though. Norn T3 to Asura T3. I don’t even know what Asura T3 looks like but either it’d look fine or else I’d be unhappy, salvage the t3 for the rune, then move onto something else. I can see a lot of people not being cool with that and I have no idea how that could be rectified.

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

why are you opposed to this? how does this hurt you?

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I can see a lot of people not being cool with that and I have no idea how that could be rectified.

It can’t be rectified. There would be a hundred posts complaining that they don’t want to lose their stuff and that they somehow did it by accident and lost everything and that they want gold refunded.

I just don’t see it ever happening. It is way too much of a hassle with all of the t3/runes/etc. and the potential for the forums to erupt in angst is not worth it IMO. (not saying much considering it happens almost every patch day).

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

randomfightfan.4091

why are you opposed to this? how does this hurt you?

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Hi Arenanet,
Just letting you know that I would pay $100-200 for race change kit ezy-ezy! Pretty sure im not alone

Please consider adding that option to gem store, I couldnt care less about personal story – you can delete it all and I can replay it later if needed.

I just really would like to change the race of my main character (especially if you ever add tengu as a playable race), but i’m not ready to lose all my stuff and re-craft 10 legendaries

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Race change should have been inluded in the makeover kit from the start. There is no excuse – those that dont want to do it dont have to do it. There are little technical complications if you limit it to 80 chars that have completed their personal story. If you have say t3 human armour and change to charr, well tough luck you cant equip it anymore. That is your choice to make.

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Or they could just change the cultural armour to that of the same tier of the newly chosen race.

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

Sooooo easy make race change item!
Cultural itens? – change!
Personal History? Reset!

Afff sooooo easy! please race change now!

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

So far there is no news about a race change item. However, rest assured that we have informed the team of this and will remind them.
As soon as we have any news about this we will inform you.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.