Possible ''Eternity issue'' conclusion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hawkey.7923

Hawkey.7923

Hello my fellow players,
I would like to suggest a possibility, how to make Eternity actually relevant legendary again. Also, if someone posted similar or even same topic on this issue, then mind that I’m not trying to steal any ideas, I’m just a normal person who simply cannot read all threads on this forum.

There have been many rants on this topic, but i did not really see a good insight on how to resolve this issue. Therefore I’m not going to thoroughly repeat all the things that have been said already about it.

Thing that first came into my mind when I saw a post that mentioned changing in-game model of this item was, that some players may like current skin, and it just wouldn’t be fair to change it after all the time (or money) they have invested in it..
Anet put a lot of work into making this skin in first place (Even though some say otherwise), so it cant be just discarded and replaced by another skin.

The idea is simple keep the actual item as it is, but add an achievment or recipe (OR BOTH) that would let us work on it a bit more and get the new skin this item deserves.. Remember, that all new items we get, would have to be account bound to avoid selling the final while product and getting all the previous stuff (which is the exact thing that is currently happening with Eternity on TP)

Recipe – Adding a cheap mystic forge recipe similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mawdrey_ , that would give us the new account bound version of an item as a result. Players would be able to get both new and old skins

Achievment – Which would be unlocked AFTER account binding the weapon.. You would have to complete some sort of scavenge hunt, similar to precursor crafting to add an epic feel of getting the imperfect Eternity you have created imbued with the powers of various items or beings all over Tyria. After completion you would get the skin or mentioned recipe to improve your beloved sword.

It would be a nice addition to game, because i really think that Eternity is way too underwhelming in both design and cost when compared to new legendaries. I know that there are more pressing matters in game development, but these end-game goals are the bread and butter of each MMO. It doesn’t really matter whether this change would be part of either a patch or upcoming expansion, but it would definitelly give players a good reason to craft this Legendary.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

how to make Eternity actually relevant legendary again.

I don’t consider it to be irrelevant. I understand that some people don’t think it’s epic enough, some think it shouldn’t be cheaper than Twilight + Sunrise combined, and some people just don’t like the design. But none of those things make it “irrelevant.”

Further, given how long it takes ANet to release new skins, I’d far prefer them to work on entirely new designs rather than retrofitting any existing ones to make a fraction of players happier about an existing skin (even if it’s a large fraction).

I’d be more receptive if you wanted to explain your idea for a future legendary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

Personally…. I like my Eternity

There are subtle changes between it and Twilight/Sunrise that make it stand out for me.

The glowing pommel, the fact that there is sort of a flame in the same art style that flows off the blade while in use, and that some attacks get both sunrise and twilight added to the animation. The footfalls are cool too and ad some extra uniqueness to the sword over just one of the blades. And the night/day cycles.

But my opinion is my own

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I see disclaimers and the like, but no explanation of the issue that the OP hopes to solve.

Karnasis.6892

I see disclaimers and the like, but no explanation of the issue that the OP hopes to solve.

If that’s aimed at me, then my response is: I don’t know what the OP actually wants. Does he want a completely different sword that has nothing to do with the original two swords it’s made of? Different particle effects? Different footfalls?

My previous post explained the differences between the two base swords and Eternity. It has what made the base weapons good and added a solid bit of extras…. optional extras. If you don’t like the actual sword for what it is, why make it? I wanted eternity personally and it was only after I made it that I noticed some of the differences that I came to appreciate.

I understand people want bigger more fantastic effects for the effort to make it, but I’m not sure what it is the final outcome should be. I like the idea of a collection of sorts, but for what goal beyond another skin…. and it sets a precedent that other legendaries need a collection to make them even “cooler”. And then there is the preexisting problem that Greatswords already have 3 legendaries, but many of the weapons currently only have 1 (and some have 2).

I’d rather them focus on finishing the second set of legendaries and only then maybe go back and revamp the originals.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If that’s aimed at me, then my response is: I don’t know what the OP actually wants. Does he want a completely different sword that has nothing to do with the original two swords it’s made of? Different particle effects? Different footfalls?

My previous post explained the differences between the two base swords and Eternity. It has what made the base weapons good and added a solid bit of extras…. optional extras. If you don’t like the actual sword for what it is, why make it? I wanted eternity personally and it was only after I made it that I noticed some of the differences that I came to appreciate.

I understand people want bigger more fantastic effects for the effort to make it, but I’m not sure what it is the final outcome should be. I like the idea of a collection of sorts, but for what goal beyond another skin…. and it sets a precedent that other legendaries need a collection to make them even “cooler”. And then there is the preexisting problem that Greatswords already have 3 legendaries, but many of the weapons currently only have 1 (and some have 2).

I’d rather them focus on finishing the second set of legendaries and only then maybe go back and revamp the originals.

Not aimed at you.

I just dont see, in the original post, where the OP defined the issue he wants to solve. Its difficult, for me, to offer input on an issue that is not defined.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Hello my fellow players,
I would like to suggest a possibility, how to make Eternity actually relevant legendary again.

You haven’t established that it’s irrelevant yet. It’s hard to go from there when your basic premise is missing.

Just because you might feel some way about an item does not equate every one elses feels the same way.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I like some of the fanmade renders of what Eternity could have looked like quite a bit and definitely would not mind if the model was changed.

That said all that I think eternity needs is a toggle that allows you to switch between Dqy mode, Night mode, and auto-switch with the ingame clock. Because of the fact that there are differences between Eternity and Sunrise/twilight, and because of the cost of making Eternity, I think its fair to allow players to pick whichever painting they want if they prefer one over the other.

Karnasis.6892

I like some of the fanmade renders of what Eternity could have looked like quite a bit and definitely would not mind if the model was changed.

That said all that I think eternity needs is a toggle that allows you to switch between Dqy mode, Night mode, and auto-switch with the ingame clock. Because of the fact that there are differences between Eternity and Sunrise/twilight, and because of the cost of making Eternity, I think its fair to allow players to pick whichever painting they want if they prefer one over the other.

I’d be okay with this, also where did you find these fanmade renders of Eternity, I’m now curious.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

what Eternity issue?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

That really is beautiful.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That really is beautiful.

It’s a really nice skin. It can’t be linked too often.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Karnasis.6892

I do like the look of the fan made eternity, but why blue/purple color, to me that doesn’t fit the theme and merging of the two swords.

I’d much rather they do something similar to the elemental sword where it’s half twilight and half sunrise at the same time (just a straight cut down the center split), if they do anything at all.