Possible new race and/or profession coming!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Sorry, but this deserves it’s own thread. So it’s been said that there’s “probability of a new race or profession is high and so are the currently unreachable lands of the original Guild Wars”.

My speculation is quaggan playable race. As for profession, pure Ritualist would be nice to see. I miss my Spirit Spammer builds that would make an unending mini army of ranged attackers.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Grub
/15 Chars

The Burninator

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

They already said that likely candidates for playable races are Heket, Tengu, or Kodan. Skritt, Quaggan, and Grawl are likely never going to be playable if you ask me. Also from what I recall they said if they even do another profession it’ll be WAYYY down the road and likely another soldier profession.

Smooth Penguin.5294

JT, I don’t think a Grub Story Mode would be that interesting. It would mostly just be born—>grow big—>zerged by WvW players.

Another player suggests it’s going to be Tengu. I wouldn’t mind that at all, esp. if it’s connected to Cantha.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Tengu and Cantha. They had a strong presence in Cantha, and they’re the only minor race that already has a capital city, which I presume every race is going to have.

TehPwnerer.7215

JT, I don’t think a Grub Story Mode would be that interesting. It would mostly just be born—>grow big—>zerged by WvW players.

Another player suggests it’s going to be Tengu. I wouldn’t mind that at all, esp. if it’s connected to Cantha.

If you ask me, Tengu are the most likely for when it does happen.

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I think a lot of the speculation for a new playable race is towards the Tengu, considering they have a racial city, among other things.

And Anet said while it’s unlikely they’ll add a new profession, if they would, it would probably be another Heavy so it’s 3/3/3

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Tengu I reckon as well.

edited for make no sense after this bit.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Sorry, but this deserves it’s own thread. So it’s been said that there’s “probability of a new race or profession is high and so are the currently unreachable lands of the original Guild Wars”.

Uh… Collin mentioned on Reddit today:

You won’t be seeing a new region this year. This is however an example of living world content as discussed in the blog post in July that has a wider affect on the world, and more permanent impact as well.

So no “currently unreachable lands of the original Guild Wars” this year. Where did you read that? Feels like second to third hand information.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t need to play a grub to be zerged by WvW players. I accomplish that easily playing the existing races, aside from Aura as I refuse to play them.

On the other hand, how awesome would it be to see an all Grub zerg?

The Burninator

Smooth Penguin.5294

You won’t be seeing a new region this year. This is however an example of living world content as discussed in the blog post in July that has a wider affect on the world, and more permanent impact as well.

So no “currently unreachable lands of the original Guild Wars” this year. Where did you read that? Feels like second to third hand information.

My work firewall prevents me from watching the videos, so I relied on the trust of a total stranger from telling me the contents!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/09/guild-wars-2-teases-anniversary-plans

TehPwnerer.7215

The lead content Designer said they expect that as well as playable races, old regions from GW1 will return with expansions or expansion-esque living story updates.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think it was WP(?) from the IGN video/article? But, old news/old quote, anyway.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

My work firewall prevents me from watching the videos, so I relied on the trust of a total stranger from telling me the contents!

The video in question is old… IGN has the bad habit of using old videos of a game to illustrate articles about it. That’s easy to see in how the video you quoted mentioned the Bazaar of the Four Winds as an incoming update.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I heard this like 40000 times and I have the same response every time:

Don’t expect anything like that in the foreseeable future.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: HotpepperX.8124

HotpepperX.8124

There are 2 classes i can see them adding:
Monk-uses holy magic to base their moves around.
Demon Hunter- uses demonic magic compared to the necromancers undead. He could be a heavy armor user(i like to picture war from darksiders) and i could see him using a new weapon like a crossbow.
These two seem like they could separate themselves from the other classes well.
I know they sound like WoWs hero classes but don’t think of them like that.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

This doesn’t deserve it’s own thread, you aren’t that special. This type of speculation posts have been here since release. Find one of those, tired of this regurgatation.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

The new profession will be OP.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

I’m guessing Quaggan (despite what other are claiming), in 4 years when they release the under sea dragon expansion or living story.

As for a profession… I dunno, hard to think of a new Soldier profession. Druid maybe? Those wear heavy armor in some games.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They already said that likely candidates for playable races are Heket, Tengu, or Kodan. Skritt, Quaggan, and Grawl are likely never going to be playable if you ask me. Also from what I recall they said if they even do another profession it’ll be WAYYY down the road and likely another soldier profession.

Yeah well some things. 1 they already have a third soldier profession they just have to start treating it like one and finally at long last call it what it is and give it heavy armor, engineer. 2 I agree it’s definitely going to be WAY far away considering its just been the anniversary and they are STILL fixing things in balance patches from beta. and finally, I doubt very much it will be another caster they have plenty of those already op hopefully tho it will be a new pet heavy class so when they create it they’ll be forced to finally and at long last fix the problems with Pet AI stupidity, AOE vulnerability, and damage ratios all around once and for all! that’s what I’m hoping.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Grub
/15 Chars

I want to be the White Rabbit, like the one in The Holy Grail. Leaping from person to person in WvW, tearing out their throats with my teeth and making them soil their armor. The only one I will fear is a guardian with a Holy Hand Grenade .

ANET! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The new profession will be OP.

chuckle and then they shall be nerfed into oblivion, and take the next 2 years to make semi-playable again….maybe (waves at one trick pony paragons)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

The Paragon is the only “Heavy” armor class left from GW that isn’t in. I’d love to see a Paragon that wields both spear and scythe. As for race, I’m sure it’ll be Tengu since they already have an area just outside Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Has to be another class with heavy armor and high hp too (thees only two high hp classes so far). Bu either way they mentioned that like….at the beginning of the year Im not expecting anything anytime soon

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Tengu and when/if they are released to be playable ANet are not going to give us Cantha because 1) we want it and 2) Tengu already have a city they need to unlock the gates to, located in the already playable area’s of the game. Well whatever, Tengu are awesome…

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Tengu and when/if they are released to be playable ANet are not going to give us Cantha because 1) we want it and 2) Tengu already have a city they need to unlock the gates to, located in the already playable area’s of the game. Well whatever, Tengu are awesome…

Yeah but isn’t there a whole convo somewhere about the Tengu going home to Cantha? They could make that a whole quest chain to reclaim Cantha, including the battle Bubbles, et all. Lots of potential there, but we can only wait and see.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Yeah but most likely they can’t add Cantha, one of the things NCsoft is holding them back on. They even had to remove the Canthan district in Divinity’s Reach.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

While I enjoyed Cantha and aspects of Elona as well, with this being more of a new game than a direct sequel, so to speak, it might also be interesting that IF a new “land” is under development it was something entirely new rather than a revamp of Cantha or Elona … something new to both GW1 and GW2 players alike.

That being said, any new profession would likely be heavy armor since, as it was pointed out, that would balance it at 3/3/3, and I’m for thinking it wouldn’t be the paragon, since that’s tied so heavily to Elona. Unless they re-invent it and call it something else, like the thief class is a re-invent of the sin.

As for race? I know it would never happen, but the only one I’d be interested in playing would be skritt.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yeah but most likely they can’t add Cantha, one of the things NCsoft is holding them back on. They even had to remove the Canthan district in Divinity’s Reach.

That was then, this is now. Things change and shift behind the scenes all the time.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Whats difference of Hylek and Heket? o.O

It’s unlikely they’ll add a lesser race as playable. More combat tonics would be better than adding the lesser races imo. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: nahla.7138

nahla.7138

Whats difference of Hylek and Heket? o.O

Hylek are decended from the heket.

“The hylek are wide-mouthed frogmen with lashing tongues and are descendants from the heket species of Elona.”

I’d love to play as a Tengu….but not gonna hold my breath.

GW2 is NOT “free to play”! It’s “buy to play”!
I need a good guild. Q_Q

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

My speculation is quaggan playable race. As for profession, pure Ritualist would be nice to see. I miss my Spirit Spammer builds that would make an unending mini army of ranged attackers.

If (the) Quaggan become playable, I will commit.

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

$100 -no questions asked- for playable Centaurs.

If more is bundled with that, great, but I’ll pay that for the ability to play characters of that race and nothing more.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I hope it is a class. Would love to see a new class.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

$100 -no questions asked- for playable Centaurs.

If more is bundled with that, great, but I’ll pay that for the ability to play characters of that race and nothing more.

raises hand Me me me!!!

Playable Centaurs…with the new profession “Warhorse”

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

If it ain’t Ooze, it ain’t nuthin’.

Posted by: Abraxius.6429

Abraxius.6429

i want kodan’s they would make a great new heavy armor class

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

They already said they would add a race before adding a class, AND if they did add a class it would be a LONG ways out.

Personally, Tengu make the most sense as the next race

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Adding more skills and weapons to existing classes would be better than adding a new class. Give spears to warriors and you can create a hoplite type class for anyone who already has a warrior. Give some demon-hunter skills to a guardian and you create a demon hunter type class for anyone who already has a guardian.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

There are 2 classes i can see them adding:
Monk-uses holy magic to base their moves around.
Demon Hunter- uses demonic magic compared to the necromancers undead. He could be a heavy armor user(i like to picture war from darksiders) and i could see him using a new weapon like a crossbow.
These two seem like they could separate themselves from the other classes well.
I know they sound like WoWs hero classes but don’t think of them like that.

I’m not, I’m thinking of them as Diablo 3 classes.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

They literally said a new profession was the last on the list.

Posted by: Ellewind.9640

Ellewind.9640

What?! No, no! wait! Nobody remember the Peter Fries on Twitter “GW2 race popularity makes me sad, People avoiding charr & asura are missing the strongest story stuff in our game, IMO.”?? and what about the eternal “Armors looks like…in no humans, Norn” cry?? we really want another race just like that? we don´t have capes cause its difficult from charrs right? so nobody get capes :P

Just make a NEW good looking race, expand the Gw universe. Asura and Norn existence was unknown until Eye of the North, and the Sylvari just born. Please, stop this madness!!

Anthony.7219

What?! No, no! wait! Nobody remember the Peter Fries on Twitter “GW2 race popularity makes me sad, People avoiding charr & asura are missing the strongest story stuff in our game, IMO.”?? and what about the eternal “Armors looks like…in no humans, Norn” cry?? we really want another race just like that? we don´t have capes cause its difficult from charrs right? so nobody get capes :P

Just make a NEW good looking race, expand the Gw universe. Asura and Norn existence was unknown until Eye of the North, and the Sylvari just born. Please, stop this madness!!

Bring back dwarves?

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Risen (especially if they have the overpowered cc abilities the Risen in Orr have).

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

60% sure it will be Tengu. Because it is extremely a lot of unfinished locations associated with them, which are already existing. 30% that it will be Largos. As for me, I would like see them (I like the style). And 10% for Kodan.

Anthony.7219

What if Asurans created a self-replicating series of sentient golems?

Anthony.7219

Or they could make Centaurs a playable race. I wanna slaughter me some villagers!

Posted by: Ellewind.9640

Ellewind.9640

Bring back dwarves?

is not Asura the dwarf equivalence in gw? anyway, Oink race from playable race FTW!

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I’m guessing Tengu or Kodan; the first if we’re heading to Cantha anytime soon, Kodan if we’re instead heading into Far Shiverpeaks and Jormag’s domain.

Profession-wise; a 3rd heavy profession – ranged to combine some magic, so a resurrection of a Paragon/Ritualist; a Paralist perhaps… or working from the Imbagon, maybe a Ritagon… ok, that deteriorated into shambles; I’ll leave it at thinking it’ll be a 3rd heavy profession – battlemage type.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Kodan wouldn’t really work. Your customization options are white and… uh… white. Tengu were originally slated to be playable, but got cut, which is a shame, as they would have made far more sense than suddenly inventing sylvari, and would have easily filled the same cultural role.

Honestly the sylvari seem to have just been injected in to the lore with very little rhyme or reason as some sort of plot fulcrum for a plot as yet unrevealed to us. Tengu have a vibrant backstory, a global presence, and a diverse and interesting culture. Why Tengu were cut in favor of sylvari I’ll never understand. Maybe to court the elf market?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ