Post how you made ascended armor look good!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Trying to find good ideas of mix and match ascended or some clever dye use to make ascended armor look good. Heavy human male here

Tired of abyss/celestial

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Simple, transmutation charges! :P

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

I have to use Primevil chest to match with the acended plate and then i follow the color scheme, I reverse dye the boots to match my minal color of pride dye used on my shoulder cloth, arm brace and FOTM back ribbon.

Redemption dye for the gold
Celetrial or white for the white
Abyss for the black on chest
black for black on pants

Attachments:

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Simple, transmutation charges! :P

That’s what comes to my mind too.

Without transmutation charges i don’t see a possible way to make it looks good.

To me, the minimum cost to make a full ascended armor looks good are 5 transmutation charges and hide my helmet…

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I have to use Primevil chest to match with the acended plate and then i follow the color scheme, I reverse dye the boots to match my minal color of pride dye used on my shoulder cloth, arm brace and FOTM back ribbon.

black for black on pants

LOL at the guy in the top right corner of your upper picture.

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Sorry if this is kind of “hijacking” your post, but because we are on the topic of making ascended armor look good, I was gonna ask about ascended light armor. Out of the 3 armor classes, (In my opinion) light armor looks the worst. I need a way to also make it look less…bad. I’m willing to use transmutation charges and gem store skins. I have profane, toxic stuff and zodiac.

Again, sorry if this is kinda “hijacking”.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

OP, I would suggest transmutation. Sorry, the Ascended heavy just kind of blows for human males. T3 isn’t bad though.

Sorry if this is kind of “hijacking” your post, but because we are on the topic of making ascended armor look good, I was gonna ask about ascended light armor. Out of the 3 armor classes, (In my opinion) light armor looks the worst. I need a way to also make it look less…bad. I’m willing to use transmutation charges and gem store skins. I have profane, toxic stuff and zodiac.

Again, sorry if this is kinda “hijacking”.

Doesn’t Ascended light have the poofy pants? I’m not really an expert since I don’t know, but you could always hide the shoulders perhaps and go with a mix of purple and gold dyes (Redemption gold would probably be better than Gold gold) on the legs and perhaps throw in some red on the top. I haven’t really looked into it enough, I’m afraid.

Also, just some other ideas depending on your profession (requires transmutation charges):

ANet’s Promotional Grenth Outfit
Grenth Hood (if you have it – if you don’t, disregard this)
Deathly Mantle
Trickster Coat
Masquerade Gloves
Trickster Leggings
Ascended Boots

Loverboy
No Helm
Acolyte Mantle
Heritage Coat
No Gloves
Ascalonian Catacombs Leggings
Caudecus’ Manor Boots

Fallen Celestial
Full Zodiac
Zodiac Sword/Zodiac Focus
Zodiac Greatsword

Ancient Hero
Full Heritage
-with a mesmer, using Bonetti’s Rapier with full Heritage is preferred.

If you don’t have any of the armor pieces and can’t access them, sucks for you.

Also, some of the sets might require playing around with dyes to make them look good. They’re just sets I’ve used.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

Here’s how I did it without transmutations

Celetrial on all base cept chest ( just standard white for that)
Tarnish for the gold
Wrath for the red cloth
Heirloom for the Red helm for a more worn metal look

Or you can go Jack Frost on it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

black for black on pants

^ Redemption is a good counterpoint dye for dark colours, works better than golds/ices.

Posted by: DiazKincade.2891

DiazKincade.2891

I like my “I wana be a medium armor” look for my mesmer. I use ascended mask, and gloves, the boots are SE, and the rest is tricksters. For colors I went with Enameled crimson, midnight fire and white. I like it. It matches my guilds colors =3

I didn’t really like the light chest and pants, but I could possibly make an “I wana be a heavy” with those if I really thought about it. lol

black for black on pants

^ Redemption is a good counterpoint dye for dark colours, works better than golds/ices.

You can also use Illumination for a lighter gold. Sand is also nice for a sorta worn/antique gold look

Attachments:

lvl80{Insert Class Here} Current main: Meana Mischeif-Mesmer

(edited by DiazKincade.2891)

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

I like these a lot. Normally I use abyss celestial but everyone does that. Or celestial/illumination

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

The leggings is the only asc piece i didn’t reskin

Attachments:

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

If it’s not skimpy it’s therefore by default scruffy looking.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I think the only decent piece is the eyes.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

In general the ascended armor is not that kittenome posts make it. You need to remember two things however.
1. ditch/transform the helmet. Especially if it’s ascended heavy. There’s no way to do anything with that monstrosity.
2. The look is heavily dye-dependent. Some color combinations are good, while others will make it absolutely horrid. In general, enameled dyes (both lion arch destruction LS dye sets) are good (but costly) options, especially for heavy (the set seems to have been designed for metal surfaces mainly). Most of the bright and shiny colours are a bad idea (especially non-gemshop ones, gradients on gemshop dyes seem to help a lot here). Combinations of several conflicting bright and shiny colours are a very bad idea (and some of the pictures with such combinations that were posted on forum are likely the origin of ascended armor’s bad reputation).

Experiment with dye combinations, and you are quite likely to find one that will work for you.
Also, you may keep in mind, that this is one of the few armor sets that look better in female variant.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I think the only decent piece is the eyes.

:¨¨(

Posted by: DiazKincade.2891

DiazKincade.2891

In general the ascended armor is not that kittenome posts make it. You need to remember two things however.
1. ditch/transform the helmet. Especially if it’s ascended heavy. There’s no way to do anything with that monstrosity.
2. The look is heavily dye-dependent. Some color combinations are good, while others will make it absolutely horrid. In general, enameled dyes (both lion arch destruction LS dye sets) are good (but costly) options, especially for heavy (the set seems to have been designed for metal surfaces mainly). Most of the bright and shiny colours are a bad idea (especially non-gemshop ones, gradients on gemshop dyes seem to help a lot here). Combinations of several conflicting bright and shiny colours are a very bad idea (and some of the pictures with such combinations that were posted on forum are likely the origin of ascended armor’s bad reputation).

Experiment with dye combinations, and you are quite likely to find one that will work for you.
Also, you may keep in mind, that this is one of the few armor sets that look better in female variant.

A guildy of mine made the heavy helmet look like a war crown. As you said its dye dependent (Also he uses a male human character. Females look like a trashcan.)

lvl80{Insert Class Here} Current main: Meana Mischeif-Mesmer