Potential trademark infringement?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

I tried in vain to find some way of e-mailing or contacting directly an Arenanet legal team or some other applicable representative, but found nothing that fits the criteria of my issue. So I leave this here and what happens with it happens with it…I am just trying to bring awareness to a possible issue.

On the Google Play app store is a game called FallenSouls. And in this game are art assets and concepts lifted at varying degrees of subtlety from other larger games, one of which is Guild Wars 2. During mission play, when selecting auto-battle for a mission you can clearly see a darkened up version of the below image complete with the Guild Wars 2 logo. I tried to find out more about the company involved in making the game, which seems to be called Teebik Inc. but very little info exists on them…mostly that its a small (50ish employee) company founded in 2011. No ties to Arenanet that I could find that might make this permissible. Now it may very well be that since it isn’t just an in-game picture from Guild Wars 2 but also a wallpaper it is fair for anyone to use, in which case no problem. But I know for a fact it contains the GW2 Logo which is trademarked. I am no lawyer though…just a guy that doesn’t like when anyone steals someones art…big or small.

Hopefully it’s nothing…but given the other “borrowed” material I will assume not. In that case I hope the right eyes see this.

Attachments:

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Something like this came up before with another app that used GW2 entire interface. Maybe send it to support@guildwars2.com?