Power of the mists to be retired/removed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hi All,

In the new WvW scoring changes they intend to remove the ‘Power of the Mists’ buff:
Power of the Mists offers the following rewards (per tier):
Artisan: 2-3% increased chance of crafting critical success.
Defender: 1-2% increased defense against monsters.
Energetic: 1-2% endurance regeneration bonus.
Gatherer: 2-3% chance of additional gathering node uses
Medic: 1-2% increased healing effectiveness
Robust: 1-2% increased maximum health
Scavenger: 1-2% bonus coin per kill.
Wisdom: 1-2% bonus experience per

These buffs often reach up 10% which can make runs on a Friday in PVE generate more gold, crafting materials and zones a lot easier (eg Fractals).

With significantly less nodes returning materials over the community / minor less gold- what effect do you think you will see when these buffs are retired?

Your Thoughs

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

A load of initial pve drama because the buff those “wvw psyco’s” worked all week for and most players profited for with out ever pressing “B” was removed. Demands to bring it back so people can continue to leech from people that are openly declared as “wierdos”.
After 1or 2 months? No body cares anymore.

Thats what i think. Excuse me i am off doing some wood chopping…

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

only one that ever really mattered imo was gatherer

getting rid of them is for the best, they can just put it back in as a baseline or something

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

getting rid of them is for the best, they can just put it back in as a baseline or something

That’d be great! I vote for this option.

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

They should rework the buff so it doesn’t vanish completely. It should be a reward for wvwing since all the effort is coming from the wvwers that often never even go to pve zones. Not sure how they would go about this. A way to give the buff to those that wvw more frequently but not those that don’t even give it a second thought. Any ideas?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I never did quite understand these buffs. If I’m a PvE player on a server that does well in WvW, am I getting all kinds of bonuses that I’m only vaguely aware of? Do they only apply in WvW, or everywhere?

I think about it sometimes, and wonder if my server is distorting my idea of the game’s baseline at all. I can’t say I ever earned any bonuses from WvW, so I don’t mind if I stop getting them.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

They apply everywhere except in pvp. I suppose they could make it so they only apply inside wvw but I feel a method of giving them to wvw players so they can use them in pve should they choose as a reward for helping their world in the mist war.

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

Wheres the source of this information that they’re removing the buffs? First I’ve heard about this. This would be a massive change if they really were thinking about do this it would give even less reason for servers to try to win. It would also cost people a lot of gold considering some spent a lot on xfers etc. I would like to see where anet said they were doing/thinking about this.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wheres the source of this information that they’re removing the buffs? First I’ve heard about this. This would be a massive change if they really were thinking about do this it would give even less reason for servers to try to win. It would also cost people a lot of gold considering some spent a lot on xfers etc. I would like to see where anet said they were doing/thinking about this.

Here

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November