Pre Cursor crafting is a joke!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Really? I’ll never understand why people calculate like this.. My spark cost close to 0 beacuse I used mats in my bank so they were free.. precursor crafting is fine.

You pay for the product, whether you buy the mats, or use the mats you saved, you can only use the mats once. In your case, you didn’t buy mats because you saved them. But next time you want to craft something the mats won’t be there anymore.
As a result, it’s hard to express things in monetary value, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have materialistic value

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

so the op thinks anet controls the tp right?

They literally based how much it takes to craft a given precursor on how much it was going for on the TP at the time. That’s why the resources required vary so wildly (by an order of magnitude or more) between weapons instead of hewing to the usual 2H/1H/OH rules as literally everywhere else in the game.

and the market is constantly changing. some precursors sold for more some for less. supply and demand. unless they made them free it would be impossible to keep it the way YOU want it while not crashing the market entirely. and if it was free there would be no market at all.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Really? I’ll never understand why people calculate like this.. My spark cost close to 0 beacuse I used mats in my bank so they were free.. precursor crafting is fine.

Something you need to look up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

Those mats had a gold value of hundreds, if not thousands, of gold. By putting those hundreds of gold into a legendary, you are now unable to sell those mats and transfer the value of them to your bank account.

Saying something has zero value because it’s not coin is like finding a diamond on the ground, pocketing it and saying it has zero value because it’s in your pocket and not sold.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So I finally bought HoT

Spark on the Trading Post = 669 Gold

Achievement Crafting = 671 Gold

After all the time and gold spent only to find out this!? Seriously I want my gold back, If I knew that pre cursor would cost me the same amount of gold like on TP, I wouldn’t even started crafting it. Opinions?

A little research would have shown this already, but for other pre crafting you can check the prices on https://www.gw2bltc.com/ it will even show you the shopping list, and the cost for crafting vs buying.

On another note, the pre crafting has been out for a year, the pre cost now is ALOT less than it was a year ago, be it that people are crafting them, or people have no interest in a certain weapon, or that Anet nerf team comes along and ruins certain builds/classes that use x weapon, and therefore its no longer in demand which drives down the cost.

All the pre cursors are down now, I was amazed to see The Legend down by like 200g the other day.

Also according to the website I linked the Spark costs 495g to craft,

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/29167-Spark

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I would agree with this if the precursor crafting process was remotely enjoyable. It isn’t though.

That’s a personal preference.

So you enjoy standing around for 20 to 60 minutes waiting for events to spawn that take a minute or 2 to complete, a dozen times over?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I would agree with this if the precursor crafting process was remotely enjoyable. It isn’t though.

So you enjoy standing around for 20 to 60 minutes waiting for events to spawn that take a minute or 2 to complete, a dozen times over?

I didn’t have to wait that long. I think only time I had to wait was doing the Temples in Orr for some collections. But I think they fixed that so you get progress if you do the defend event as well so it’s not so bad.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So looking at gw2tp right now. Spark is at 675g and 612g (Buy vs Order)

Looking at gw2 efficiency’s crafting calculator for Spark, it’s 644g and 559g (again Buy vs Order), using none of your own materials.

http://gw2tp.net/items/9362-spark
https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/29167-Spark

Granted, values are going to vary depending on what subcomponent prices are and how patient you want to be.

Personally, if it around the same price, its not something I see an issue with, because I collect all the materials around me as I play, and salvage everything I get anyway. The only thing I really have a hard time acquiring are the leathers.

Edit: Forgot to change daily cooldowns to buy.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

There’s nothing to argue. If you don’t research something and spend money on it you’re going to be mad when you see that there was a cheaper option. The popular legendaries are much cheaper to craft. Most other legendaries are cheaper to buy the precursor then continue from there.

The crafting option is nice because you can see progression and are guaranteed to get what you want.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Precursor crafting is for the “Epicness” to whoever made the achievement. It is never meant to reduce the cost to acquire one but to reduce the RNG factor besides pulling from TP instead.

If “Epicness” is cool kid slang for “Tedium”, I agree.

I did the tier 1 collection for Dawn. Of the time it took me, most of it was spent standing around waiting for events to start. Some events in the early game areas had me waiting an hour or more, only to finish them in a minute or so. Awful way to spend time. It was about as “epic” as watching grass grow.

When I finished and saw the materials it took, I had a good laugh and never looked back.

Epic and viable are probably two of the most abused words in the English language these days.

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Not sure why Anet decided to make it bound.

thats a super easy answer. they didnt. its not.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I completely agree. The issue I have is that if I purchase a precursor, the Legendary I get will be unbound and I can sell it. If you craft a precursor, often for more $ than purchasing, the Legendary you get is bound. Not sure why Anet decided to make it bound. They should have kept it unbound and people could simply choose which path to take to the same end item.

because they did leave it that way and you are just confused …

Hm, I just went to the Chuka and Champawat page in the Wiki and it says “Account Bound”. Is the Wiki wrong?

Yea only way to get it bound to character is equip it or putting a sigil in it.

I didn’t say BtC, I said bound and talked about being able to sell it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I completely agree. The issue I have is that if I purchase a precursor, the Legendary I get will be unbound and I can sell it. If you craft a precursor, often for more $ than purchasing, the Legendary you get is bound. Not sure why Anet decided to make it bound. They should have kept it unbound and people could simply choose which path to take to the same end item.

Hm, I just went to the Chuka and Champawat page in the Wiki and it says “Account Bound”. Is the Wiki wrong?

The second generation legendaries + pres are account bound. That is correct.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: GroundFrog.4798

GroundFrog.4798

I did not find it a joke, I found it rewarding. I became rich in the knowledge and satisfaction of achieving something I have never had in this game ever, a pre-cursor, sure it took a little time to make it, but I had fun in doing so, regardless of the fact I could have brought it off the TP and saved time and coin, however in doing it that way, I would have lost the feeling of accomplishment. I’m proud to have what I crafted Kudzu.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I miss calculated something. It should be 100 Gold more expensive than on TP. But hey I don’t see the point of having those achievements then. You spend your time on those boring crafts, and achievements all over the map for what? To pay 100 gold more and spend hours of crafting and doing achs?… Seriously..

To be fair, Precursors were a lot more expensive until crafting them became an option, then the prices between crafting and buying evened out to what it is now.

Seems normal to me.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Since you were talking buying the legenday/precursor on the tp VS crafting it, I thought you were talking about the generation 1 pre/legends.

Since you cant buy the 2 generation legendary/precursors at all on the tp.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Crafting was actually supposed to be a lot more expenisve than outright buying one in order to compensate for the fact that luck was removed from the table.

There’s no luck involved in buying from TP. There’s a steady flow of precursors in there, you don’t really need to hope for someone to drop one and put it on sale. In fact, considering some events and drops involved, precursor crafting does include some not so insignificant dose of luck.

And no, crafting was supposed to be an alternative to both relying on luck (direct drops, forging) or paying through the nose (TP). It ended up containing a bit of the former and a massive amount of the latter however.

So you also got some fun for that money.

Or, as someone pointed out already, you pay for inconvenience.

To be fair, Precursors were a lot more expensive until crafting them became an option, then the prices between crafting and buying evened out to what it is now.

That may be true for a few of the, but definitely wasn’t for the remaining majority.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s funny that the OP thought the precursor crafting of old legendaries is HoT content instead it was in the game before HoT even came out :-)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Yeah, the point of precursor crafting was to provide a guaranteed method of obtaining a precursor that doesn’t involve simply buying it from the TP. They never said it’d be a cheaper way to do it.

Buying from the tp isn’t guaranteed? o.O

Djinn.9245

Since you were talking buying the legenday/precursor on the tp VS crafting it, I thought you were talking about the generation 1 pre/legends.

Since you cant buy the 2 generation legendary/precursors at all on the tp.

My first post in this thread:

I agree that the last sentence was badly worded since there are no 1st gen precursors for 2nd gen Legendaries. What I meant was that no matter what Legendary you are crafting, they should be unbound. But I still don’t understand the comments that crafted Legendaries aren’t bound.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

I agree that the last sentence was badly worded since there are no 1st gen precursors for 2nd gen Legendaries. What I meant was that no matter what Legendary you are crafting, they should be unbound. But I still don’t understand the comments that crafted Legendaries aren’t bound.

The original Legendaries, when created, are unbound and can be sold/traded/etc. The newer Legendaries (Astralaria, HOPE, Nevermore, Chuka, Eureka, Shooshadoo), both precursors and final product, are account-bound. It is pretty difficult to talk about them in this context since both are groups of legendary weapons, but behave in a different way. Word choice can be easily misinterpreted sometimes.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Posted by: yann.1946

yann.1946

Also the second Collection allows characters to level crafting proffesions easily. This is mostly minor because Most People Have those maxed but its still a Nice perk

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So I finally bought HoT and I was all hyped up that I would finally be able to craft my first pre cursor. I finished Incinerator I: The Experimental Dagger, and moved on to the second part Incinerator II. But on the half way of the achievement I said wait a minute, this costs waaay too many gold. So I did the math:

Incienator Vol 1 = 5 Gold
100 Memorys of Battle = 6 Gold
100 Shards of Glory = 1 Gold
10 Globs of Ectoplasm = 3 Gold
10 Elonian Leather Squares = 108 Gold
85 Deldrimor Steel Ingots = 512 Gold
25 Stabilizing Matrix = 10 Gold
100 Karka Shells = 7 Gold
Steel, Iron,Orichalcum.. Blades = 10 Gold
Steel, Iron,Orichalcum.. Hilts = 3 Gold
50 Elderwood Plank = 3 Gold
Gemstone + Lodestones = 3 Gold

After all the time and gold spent only to find out this!? Seriously I want my gold back, If I knew that pre cursor would cost me the same amount of gold like on TP, I wouldn’t even started crafting it. Opinions?

The devs tried to make the “journey” for legendaries more meaningful, not cheaper. Next time skip the crafting step and just buy the pre.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Djinn.9245

The original Legendaries, when created, are unbound and can be sold/traded/etc. The newer Legendaries (Astralaria, HOPE, Nevermore, Chuka, Eureka, Shooshadoo), both precursors and final product, are account-bound. It is pretty difficult to talk about them in this context since both are groups of legendary weapons, but behave in a different way. Word choice can be easily misinterpreted sometimes.

When I say that Legendaries from crafted precursors should not be bound, I don’t think there is anything open to misinterpretation there.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

so the op thinks anet controls the tp right?

They literally based how much it takes to craft a given precursor on how much it was going for on the TP at the time. That’s why the resources required vary so wildly (by an order of magnitude or more) between weapons instead of hewing to the usual 2H/1H/OH rules as literally everywhere else in the game.

Basing the crafting of precursors on the TP price is one of the worst things Anet has done in the 4 years GW2 has been around. It’s price fixing. Probably to protect the investments of a handful of very rich players. I can’t see any logical reason for it beyond that.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

So I finally bought HoT and I was all hyped up that I would finally be able to craft my first pre cursor. I finished Incinerator I: The Experimental Dagger, and moved on to the second part Incinerator II. But on the half way of the achievement I said wait a minute, this costs waaay too many gold. So I did the math:

Incienator Vol 1 = 5 Gold
100 Memorys of Battle = 6 Gold
100 Shards of Glory = 1 Gold
10 Globs of Ectoplasm = 3 Gold
10 Elonian Leather Squares = 108 Gold
85 Deldrimor Steel Ingots = 512 Gold
25 Stabilizing Matrix = 10 Gold
100 Karka Shells = 7 Gold
Steel, Iron,Orichalcum.. Blades = 10 Gold
Steel, Iron,Orichalcum.. Hilts = 3 Gold
50 Elderwood Plank = 3 Gold
Gemstone + Lodestones = 3 Gold

The devs tried to make the “journey” for legendaries more meaningful, not cheaper. Next time skip the crafting step and just buy the pre.

I bought several precursors (the cheaper ones) before crafting became available and a couple after because I wasn’t particularly interested in crafting a precursor at the time. I also have been saving mats for no particular reason other than I liked filling the material storage and I was (and am) still working to make the precursors I do have into Legendaries. I had no particular goal for most of the stuff other than I knew I would find a use for them at some point.

I know selling the mats probably would get me enough to buy a precursor or even a Legendary but I kind of like the journey to getting something rather than instant gratification. Eventually I went, “What the heck.” and decided to craft The Legend. I really enjoyed the experience and used up some of my mats. I didn’t count the value of what I had vs the value of just buying. Other than the mats I had on hand I think I spent a total of 34 gold outside of what I had to finish the precursor. For me it was definitely the journey and not the cost or how fast I could get something. I still have to get the mats finish Legendaries but I am enjoying that process as well.

Crafting was meant to take time and materials and planning. I took the list and worked on certain items at a time. The gated stuff, I usually make something every day so it builds up and I have been doing that since it started. Also if you get ahead of what you will need, you can sell any excess to defray any other costs. Ditto for any excess mats.

Other than the time gated stuff everything else on that list can be gotten in a pretty decent amount of time with no extra expense other than the time it takes to work to get it. I think if you feel the time is not worth it to you, then you should have sold the mats and just bought the precursor no matter which cost more to make. The difference in price between crafting and buy is 2 gold which is negligible. If the spread was larger I might have considered whether I would craft vs buy.

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

Again people complaining everything in this game should be cheap and easy to get. Precursor is for a legendary, yes? A legendary is supposed to be an epic item that is hard to get cause it requires a lot of grind.

‘But why do collections if I can just buy it on tp???’ you ask.

Because they wanted every player to have an opportunity to craft their own precursor, regardless of bad RNG or depending on tp prices.
So instead of throwing countless rares/exotics in mystic forge (which never guarantee success) or running around the world hoping for that microchance some mob might drop JUST the precursor you need, you now have collections. If tp suddenly decided that Spark is worth 1k now, you’d be in bad luck. If someone suddenly bought all existing Sparks on tp, you wouldn’t like it either.

This way they made precursor crafting independent for each player. And honestly, those collections are not even that hard (I’ve done quite few of them), so what’s the problem.

Not everything in game should be cheap.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

When I say that Legendaries from crafted precursors should not be bound, I don’t think there is anything open to misinterpretation there.

19 crafted precursors have never been bound. Only the Gen 2 precursors are.

If you rephrased it as, “I think the Gen 2 precursors should be un-bound,” then there would be no possible “misinterpretation”. However, you’d have to explain how ANet could ensure that only HoT owners have access to them, which is one of the reasons they are account bound.

(The other is that, believe it or not, a huge fraction of players have wanted the original legendaries to be bound, too — they think it’s not sufficiently epic if you can buy them with gold.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, the point of precursor crafting was to provide a guaranteed method of obtaining a precursor that doesn’t involve simply buying it from the TP. They never said it’d be a cheaper way to do it.

Buying from the tp isn’t guaranteed? o.O

“provide a guaranteed method of obtaining a precursor that doesn’t involve simply buying it from the TP.”

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Edit: Add actual response that was lost:

I crafted a legendary, and I enjoyed it. I went to the event site and if it wasn’t there right away, I moved on. There were only 2 events that I had trouble getting started — 1 was bugged in that it only happened once on a new map and never restarted once it completed. The other I did have to wait 15 minutes for it to spawn.

But all the rest, I didn’t have any trouble getting the event. Sometimes, I bounced back and forth between multiple locations to get an event to start, but one of them would always start within a map rotation or two.

(edited by ekarat.1085)

Djinn.9245

If you rephrased it as, “I think the Gen 2 precursors should be un-bound,” then there would be no possible “misinterpretation”. However, you’d have to explain how ANet could ensure that only HoT owners have access to them, which is one of the reasons they are account bound.

(The other is that, believe it or not, a huge fraction of players have wanted the original legendaries to be bound, too — they think it’s not sufficiently epic if you can buy them with gold.)

I see what you’re saying about 2nd Gen.

I don’t agree that only HoT owners should have access to the 2nd Gen Legendaries and I think its a bad idea for Anet to have bound them. However, since they are bound they should be cheaper to make since they have lost that advantage that other Legendaries have.

electricwater.1572

I don’t agree that only HoT owners should have access to the 2nd Gen Legendaries and I think its a bad idea for Anet to have bound them. However, since they are bound they should be cheaper to make since they have lost that advantage that other Legendaries have.

You DO realise that the2nd gen collections involve some HoT content right? Including events/worldbosses, etc.

What’s the point of making them available to people who don’t have HoT, if they cannot complete the collection anyway?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Of course Pre-cursor crafting is a joke and your a bit late to the ball all the best dance partners are taken and I’m afraid the cheeky fellow has already feasted on most of the appetizers.

Precursors crafting was set to the current market value of the precursors themselves and their are many things wrong with it. For instance Precursor weapons were 100% RNG before hand so the prices between lets say Sunrise and Twilight pre were completely rng based on which weapon was randomly rolled for more as their both GS weapons but if the RNG gods state more Dawns should drop then obviously that RNG would force Twilight to be more expansive do to less pres and thus a more expensive pre.

It’s obvious they locked Pres to the market price to lock the Pres cost at that rng inspired level because as time goes by the worth of a legendary naturally depreciates as does any product fewer people crafting the legendary as there is no reason to craft a legend twice so the demand will naturally go down when their arent’ enough new players joining to keep it up. Pres are getting dirt cheap now in part because Anet finally stopped interfering with the market to a degree letting it be as natural as it can with the TP mechanics in place. Also new player retention must be low as you can’t count on vets to craft a legendary as they most likely crafted these old legends years ago the game is four years old after all.

Lack of new player retention and gathering is an obvious reason for the massive drop in demand and thus the TP prices the very TP prices that have dipped well below the crafting costs set in place in the past and will no doubt continue to drop.

The only way to make pre crafting worth anything currently is to raise the TP prices so buying isn’t so cheap and the only way to reliable increase the TP prices is to gather new players so they can craft their first legendary using up supply and increasing the demand or add in more additional elite specializations. For instance I only own Quip and I’m happy with Quip on my Mesmer but if the Mesmer could use the short bow I’d craft the Dreamer as it just seems mesmery to me. A new Mesmer Specialization using short bow would get me and others to start eating away at the supply we have now thus driving up demand and prices.

Anet is on the record controlling the TP which I think is just wrong but needed given how the TP operates to a degree. There on the record giving the TP some breathing room and its starting to show the little bit of supply and demand it can manage showing the true value of some of these items.

Djinn.9245

You DO realise that the2nd gen collections involve some HoT content right? Including events/worldbosses, etc.

What’s the point of making them available to people who don’t have HoT, if they cannot complete the collection anyway?

What I said was that the weapons shouldn’t be bound. I was responding to a comment that they are bound so that people who don’t have HoT can’t PURCHASE them.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Edit: Add actual response that was lost:

I crafted a legendary, and I enjoyed it. I went to the event site and if it wasn’t there right away, I moved on. There were only 2 events that I had trouble getting started — 1 was bugged in that it only happened once on a new map and never restarted once it completed. The other I did have to wait 15 minutes for it to spawn.

But all the rest, I didn’t have any trouble getting the event. Sometimes, I bounced back and forth between multiple locations to get an event to start, but one of them would always start within a map rotation or two.

I’d consider bouncing from place to place even worse than just sitting there because then I’d be actively engaged in the tedium instead of just waiting and diverting my attention to more interesting activities on the side.

I realize not all tier 1 collections are as bad as the Dawn one. That one requires 12 events, many of which take place in low level areas and are of the type “blink and you miss it”. But it was the one I wanted to do, so that’s the one I’m judging the system by.

Apart from it taking a disproportionate amount of time spent waiting, the whole thing was yet another new reward for old content, which rubbed me the wrong way too because ANet falls back to that far too often for my tastes.

electricwater.1572

What I said was that the weapons shouldn’t be bound. I was responding to a comment that they are bound so that people who don’t have HoT can’t PURCHASE them.

Of course, because ‘new legendaries’ was one of HoT sellpoints. Want new legendaries – buy expansion, don’t want to buy HoT – you got generation 1. Makes sense.

At least with gen 2 you’d know people put at least a little bit of effort in their legendaries since you can’t get them otherwise. While with gen 1 you can always just buy without ever leaving LA.

Posted by: Cyril.7294

Cyril.7294

Suppose if you gather those materials yourself then the price doesn’t really change
a thing about getting it..

you can buy all the materials and craft it, why do you think it’d be that much cheaper on the trading post ?

MoarChaos.8320

Why in the world would they make the HoT legendaries unbound now? That’s incredibly ridiculous to even discuss. It would be a slap in the face to every single person who’s made a HoT legendary. The entire concept of them is that they’re better then the gen 1 legendaries, because they’re bound. I would of included the collections, but not all of them have it now. That doesn’t mean The Nevermore is a better skin then Bifrost it just means the Nevermore is harder to get. Skins will always be preference.

Second why do I keep hearing people saying that the HoT legendaries prices were determined by the current TP market? They use a ton more materials, but they don’t fluctuate. The market could be flooded by materials and then they would be cheaper to make. Anet isn’t looking at the market each time they come out with a new one. They set the bar for how much materials it’ll take to make these bound legendaries and now it’s set.

And god kitten Anet hasn’t touched the TP ever. You guys are delusional. The only way they have ever touched the economy is by introducing new content. So hardened leather and mystic coins are out of hand. They added a way to get one coin every day. It’s a pain and takes forever, but it’s there.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

According to this beautiful link right here it says to craft your spark using none of your materials it would only cost you 472g if you scroll down it lists the ingredients and you can link further to show how it comes up with that assessment.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/29167-Spark

It does that for all the precursors as well.

At one point making and selling Dawn was -1g profit which is why I didn’t craft it. Although I did make and sell Dusk by crafting the deld ingots every day. Because I have two accounts that can craft deld ingots it took me a month instead of two.

Doam.8305

Why in the world would they make the HoT legendaries unbound now? That’s incredibly ridiculous to even discuss. It would be a slap in the face to every single person who’s made a HoT legendary. The entire concept of them is that they’re better then the gen 1 legendaries, because they’re bound. I would of included the collections, but not all of them have it now. That doesn’t mean The Nevermore is a better skin then Bifrost it just means the Nevermore is harder to get. Skins will always be preference.

Second why do I keep hearing people saying that the HoT legendaries prices were determined by the current TP market? They use a ton more materials, but they don’t fluctuate. The market could be flooded by materials and then they would be cheaper to make. Anet isn’t looking at the market each time they come out with a new one. They set the bar for how much materials it’ll take to make these bound legendaries and now it’s set.

And god kitten Anet hasn’t touched the TP ever. You guys are delusional. The only way they have ever touched the economy is by introducing new content. So hardened leather and mystic coins are out of hand. They added a way to get one coin every day. It’s a pain and takes forever, but it’s there.

The entitlement is way to strong in this one step in reality and the notion of depreciation kicks in. They are not strickly better by any means and do nothing more than add additional flavors to existing sets there is no state differences and it seems to follow a serious and joke them for every weapon set. No one cares about the special snowflake mentality in game or the real world.

HOT legionaries were determined on the TP prices at the same time market value era as the precursor crafting was determined because HoT legends are no different their just a skin and equal to old legends and thus they tried to match up the value for both but they don’t account for the obvious factor of time it’s rather obvious.

HoT Legendaries becoming unbound is something they’d likely do to stimulate the economy when need be. Prices are dropping because vets who wanted to craft a legend have done so and leading to a drop in demand and while normally new players seeking to craft a legend would pick up the flack they simply don’t exist in great numbers. People can craft legends to sell as well so an increase in supply and a decrease in demand due to the amount of time passed. To stimulate buying in the economy they’d unbound the new legends and that’s all they’d have to do it’s a button the most likely set up in case of an economic emergency. Unbound the legends and you’ll get people can’t even use the legend on their mains crafting it for the sole purpose of resell thus they’d spend the excess mats on the TP to craft and sell these legends. For instance my main is a Mesmer and I can’t use short bow so I have no reason to craft champawat however if it was unbound I buy up mats on the TP and craft that very legendary for resell and many people will to thus greatly increasing demand. The same thing can happen to a lesser degree when new specializations are released since that opens up a new legendary that class couldn’t use prior and people would start crafting and buying again.

It only makes sense that these HoT legends will become unbound eventually to drain a good deal of the stockpile from the economy and it’s much easier than designing new elites to expand the weapons the classes can use and thus craft for usage.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The entitlement is way to strong in this one step in reality and the notion of depreciation kicks in. They are not strickly better by any means and do nothing more than add additional flavors to existing sets there is no state differences and it seems to follow a serious and joke them for every weapon set. No one cares about the special snowflake mentality in game or the real world.

HOT legionaries were determined on the TP prices at the same time market value era as the precursor crafting was determined because HoT legends are no different their just a skin and equal to old legends and thus they tried to match up the value for both but they don’t account for the obvious factor of time it’s rather obvious.

HoT Legendaries becoming unbound is something they’d likely do to stimulate the economy when need be. Prices are dropping because vets who wanted to craft a legend have done so and leading to a drop in demand and while normally new players seeking to craft a legend would pick up the flack they simply don’t exist in great numbers. People can craft legends to sell as well so an increase in supply and a decrease in demand due to the amount of time passed. To stimulate buying in the economy they’d unbound the new legends and that’s all they’d have to do it’s a button the most likely set up in case of an economic emergency. Unbound the legends and you’ll get people can’t even use the legend on their mains crafting it for the sole purpose of resell thus they’d spend the excess mats on the TP to craft and sell these legends. For instance my main is a Mesmer and I can’t use short bow so I have no reason to craft champawat however if it was unbound I buy up mats on the TP and craft that very legendary for resell and many people will to thus greatly increasing demand. The same thing can happen to a lesser degree when new specializations are released since that opens up a new legendary that class couldn’t use prior and people would start crafting and buying again.

It only makes sense that these HoT legends will become unbound eventually to drain a good deal of the stockpile from the economy and it’s much easier than designing new elites to expand the weapons the classes can use and thus craft for usage.

HoT legendary weapons being account bound is not why prices of mats are falling. The new maps drop a lot of those items. Increased supply leads to lower prices.

HoT legendary weapons are not going to be made unbound to lower supply of mats. New things will be released that require those mats or their drops rate will be altered.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Regardless of whether any of ‘us’ agree with it, do you see that ANet intended Gen2 legendaries to be bound for two reasons: (1) because ‘we’ requested it and (2) it’s a selling point of HoT.

(And notice how ‘us’ and ‘we’ hold contradictory opinions: some players have always wanted legendaries to be bound and some want them to be always tradeable.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Doam.8305

HoT legendary weapons being account bound is not why prices of mats are falling. The new maps drop a lot of those items. Increased supply leads to lower prices.

HoT legendary weapons are not going to be made unbound to lower supply of mats. New things will be released that require those mats or their drops rate will be altered.

I don’t recall anywhere stating HoT legends being account bound are why mats are falling you made that one up yourself.

My counter is to MoarChaos’s comment that

Why in the world would they make the HoT legendaries unbound now? That’s incredibly ridiculous to even discuss. It would be a slap in the face to every single person who’s made a HoT legendary. The entire concept of them is that they’re better then the gen 1 legendaries, because they’re bound quoted MoarChaos.8320

It’s an existing option whether or not they do it to lower mats doesn’t matter at all that wasn’t the point of my post. Those new things your mentioned are typically account bound and my argument is more in line with removing that barrier of account bound items because that promotes more people to actually craft the thing for resell than those who craft it for themselves. Because even the people who craft the item for personal use will be tempted to craft a secondary in order to sell.

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Precursor CRAFTING is for you to farm the mats (at least partially) and CRAFT them. That way you can use that 40 copper mithril instead of selling it at -15% tax to buy the pre off TP.

CRAFTING does NOT equate selling mats and buy pre off TP.

Djinn.9245

Regardless of whether any of ‘us’ agree with it, do you see that ANet intended Gen2 legendaries to be bound for two reasons: (1) because ‘we’ requested it and (2) it’s a selling point of HoT.

(And notice how ‘us’ and ‘we’ hold contradictory opinions: some players have always wanted legendaries to be bound and some want them to be always tradeable.)

I understand that they are probably a selling point for HoT, but I think it is a bad idea to take this special category and change its bound status only for some weapons. Not only doesn’t it make sense monetarily, but it could be a source of confusion.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I don’t recall anywhere stating HoT legends being account bound are why mats are falling you made that one up yourself.

My counter is to MoarChaos’s comment that

Why in the world would they make the HoT legendaries unbound now? That’s incredibly ridiculous to even discuss. It would be a slap in the face to every single person who’s made a HoT legendary. The entire concept of them is that they’re better then the gen 1 legendaries, because they’re bound quoted MoarChaos.8320

It’s an existing option whether or not they do it to lower mats doesn’t matter at all that wasn’t the point of my post. Those new things your mentioned are typically account bound and my argument is more in line with removing that barrier of account bound items because that promotes more people to actually craft the thing for resell than those who craft it for themselves. Because even the people who craft the item for personal use will be tempted to craft a secondary in order to sell.

I read the post you replied to, and I agree that ANet didn’t say that the HoT legendary weapons are better – however there are players that do feel that they are better since you do have to make one yourself to have it. I do feel the old legendary weapons (not the precursors, but the legendary weapons) should have been account bound, but I don’t have any problem with what ANet decided – not everyone finds the process of making a legendary fun but wants one. And the player who crafted their legendary isn’t any better than the player who bought it off of the TP, no matter how they obtained their gold either.

However you said that ANet would make the HoT legendaries unbound to clear out mat stores. Like that’s the only thing ANet could do to affect those. You didn’t explicitly state it, but you sure implied it.

The thing is, you can only craft one of each precursor due to how it is done, old or new. There isn’t any making a second set to sell. When they release the new HoT legendary dagger, players will have to transmute the new dagger onto the second weapon in order to have the same skin on each weapon. It’s a con to the system they’ve put into place.

MoarChaos.8320

Entitlement
3: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

You want the HoT legendaries to become unbound so that you can sell them and buy them on the trading post. The system is not only bound, but you can only make one of each. So again, why in the world would that be ok to change? They’re not even all out. Just make it a mad dash to make money because you’re set up to profit off it / make your legendary easier? No.

Also legendary skins are preference. You seemed to skip that part when you heard better so let me start with it this time. Their price doesn’t matter if you don’t think it looks nice with your character. However every single HoT legendary is much more expensive then gen 1 legendaries. Also special snowflake status can be a reason why someone wants something called legendary. I have Ad Infinitum because I do a lot of fractals and thought might as well. It’s way to bright for me and goes with nothing I have so I don’t have it showing.

None of your reasons to make them unbound are good for the game as a whole. Like others have said the price of materials isn’t a reason why they would make them unbound, so what’s an amazing reason that doesn’t hurt the playerbase that enjoys that they’re bound?

(edited by MoarChaos.8320)

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

The thing is, you can only craft one of each precursor due to how it is done, old or new. There isn’t any making a second set to sell. When they release the new HoT legendary dagger, players will have to transmute the new dagger onto the second weapon in order to have the same skin on each weapon. It’s a con to the system they’ve put into place.

There was the idea of being able to make ‘blank’ legendary weapons so that you can have 2 of the same one-handed weapons under the new system. There has been no additional information yet, but there’s still hope for some sort of solution.

Nemo me impune lacessit