Precision for Healing

Precision for Healing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Treezn.8723

Treezn.8723

Q:

Precision[Increases critical-hit chance] in game is a very broad Attribute.
The in game floor(ground) already allows what some would call a "stomp" or in other words a Critical Hit. The way we jump and then land again could be considered damage. I believe it already is. I Use Muddy Terrain from the ranger/Druid Utility Skills. I Throw in the "Air" and it lands on the "ground". We should have opportunities to do critical ways in more than just damage.

My heals do not critical and Precision does not tell me it won’t.

That brings me to Ferocity. We already have the damage. What we NEED is the healing. Critical Healing would be HUGE! Everyone complains about Healing Power Not scaling well. Not sure why. Probably because there is no critical healing to keep up with critical damage.

That’s the only logical explanation.

Add Critical Healing to Precision and let me critically strike the Area with Healing Abilities.

Attachments:

Precision for Healing

Posted by: Icon.7138

Icon.7138

That would be awesome!! A similar concept is used in other mmo’s like the secret world and it works really well. Not only would that entice you to use healing fields and skills more but you actually would feel like you are working hard on actually being a good healer. It might even give an ele a reason to stay in water and use it’s first skill…which no one really bothers with much, it does so little dmg and gives such a tiny slow heal that any other auto attack is preferred in any of the other atunements. But if you actually could crit and your healing scaled with crit and precision…well…that certainly would make things change.

Precision for Healing

Posted by: Treezn.8723

Treezn.8723

Never played ele-mentalist. F1, F2, F3, &F4 Are too many character movements for me.

Beside the fact though. Precision isn’t precise in the description. It’s like it was meant to be left open for discussion.

Precision for Healing

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It says critical hit chance, why would you think it was supposed to increase healing? You’re not hitting things when you heal them. Ferocity’s tooltip, also says critical damage, nothing about healing.

I get where you’re going with this, but the tooltips aren’t unclear. The game never mentions critical heals. Literally the only reason you would expect them to happen is if you had played some other game that had such a feature (which als probably explained you you that its crit chance stat also effects healing.)

It would be interesting to add them as a mechanic, but healing is in much more need of reliable upticks than some sort of randomized mechanic.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ