Precursor Bull Kitten

Precursor Bull Kitten

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Personally, I don’t think precursors should be “easy” to get, but I do wish they weren’t so heavily reliant on RNG. As one who typically has an unlucky account, I simply refuse to throw any money in to the forge. I do throw things in that I loot from chest/mobs, but it can be several week before I get 4xlevel 80 rares of anything. I’ll also sometimes craft rare staves and throw those in, but I’ll never use money, to buy rares to flush.

Precursor Bull Kitten

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

To everyone hoping precursor crafting will magically place a precursor on their lap with little to no effort:

http://www.relicsoforr.com/?p=2861

How do you see precursor crafting affecting the current precursor market?

John: We are still working on this, but our goal is to not hurt the current precursor market, as it’s a great market for keeping the value of materials in check. This is a tricky goal, and when we are closer to releasing it we’ll talk about it more.

@op
Go buy everything else you need for the legendary of your choice at your own pace.

Precursor crafting may make your chosen precursor cheaper or it may actually go up in price(crafting Dusk will probably be cheaper compared to TP price but then again Dusk will probably be more expensive by that time and the mats required to craft it will rise accordingly).

The simple solution would be to make precursor crafting and subsequent Legendary crafting account bound. Keep the Mystic toilet and random drops sellable along with Legendaries that are crafted by them.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Precursor Bull Kitten

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Personally, I don’t think precursors should be “easy” to get, but I do wish they weren’t so heavily reliant on RNG. As one who typically has an unlucky account, I simply refuse to throw any money in to the forge. I do throw things in that I loot from chest/mobs, but it can be several week before I get 4xlevel 80 rares of anything. I’ll also sometimes craft rare staves and throw those in, but I’ll never use money, to buy rares to flush.

If you do world events (see gw2stuff.com) then you can get anywhere from 4 to 20 rares a night. Not all will be weps of course, but all tend to be in the level range to work in the forge for precursor crafting (74-80).

In addition I separate the rares into groups based upon necessity. For example, I group Greatswords and Staves into their own piles (to increase the chance of Dawn, Dusk, and The Legend). The other rares I just throw into the forge in any combination which gives me a chance at any precursor (including the aforementioned Dawn, Dusk, and The Legend).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Precursor Bull Kitten

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

and then theres players like me completely Effed

as i’d need 2 legendaries for each or my characters except my dummy character wich i use for testing stuff wich is deleted and remade over and over

idk how you guys do it but i dont make even 20g a day

Precursor Bull Kitten

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

The frustration I feel stems entirely from the RNG nature of it. It’s absolutely maddening to be one of the people who spends a few hundred on rares and several months worth of dungeon tokens into rolling to get back Pearl weapons and then see the next player over (even guildmates) go “HEY! back to back precursors on 2 rolls! what a day!”

I’ve logged about 1200 hours into the game thus far, sunk about 250g worth of lvl 80 rares, about 100g of 80 exotics, and around 10,000 dungeon tokens into the mystic forge, and still nothing.

What’s even more frustrating…is that if I would have saved all that gold, and salvaged all those dungeon exotics for profit. I still would be more than 200g from buying a precursor.

I would rather have a ridiculously long grind for any type of OTHER currency or achievement process than to have to save up that much gold.

I’ve always thought that precursors should come from an Epic Quest line, a mixture of scavenger hunt, riddles, puzzles, challenges, bosses, trials, and tribulations where you venture out into the world and piece together fragments of a broken weapon, mystical additives, and uncover the secret to forging it together. All of which would take you to hidden places, have you tackle unbelievable scenarios, befriend strange and interesting npcs to aid you and take you all over the world.

Each Legendary weapon should, in my mind, have its own full length quest chain with stages that require not only significant personal commitment to the missions, solving puzzles and riddles, but also incorporate the need for other players to help. Certain parts requiring 5 man content, and perhaps a world boss encounter at some point with a special side requirement attached. (example: pull off a scale of a dragon for a shield to be made during the fight – incorporated as a small test of timing and coordination)

Precursor Bull Kitten

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

To everyone hoping precursor crafting will magically place a precursor on their lap with little to no effort:

http://www.relicsoforr.com/?p=2861

How do you see precursor crafting affecting the current precursor market?

John: We are still working on this, but our goal is to not hurt the current precursor market, as it’s a great market for keeping the value of materials in check. This is a tricky goal, and when we are closer to releasing it we’ll talk about it more.

@op
Go buy everything else you need for the legendary of your choice at your own pace.

Precursor crafting may make your chosen precursor cheaper or it may actually go up in price(crafting Dusk will probably be cheaper compared to TP price but then again Dusk will probably be more expensive by that time and the mats required to craft it will rise accordingly).

The simple solution would be to make precursor crafting and subsequent Legendary crafting account bound. Keep the Mystic toilet and random drops sellable along with Legendaries that are crafted by them.

Well here’s the catch, precursors are already in the market. They specifically stated the intention of not hurting the market.

This is because it ties in to T5 because trying to get it from the toilet is heavy on T5 & T6 because as soon as they make precursors cheap(account bound or not) you can bet all your money that T6 mats, lodestones etc. will blow up in prices to ridiculous proportions.

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Precursor Bull Kitten

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

If I had everything but the precursor right now, and had to stop playing for 2-3 months… if those precursors rose another 400g due to inflation, it’s not exactly generating more riveting gameplay, is it? It’s just inflation causing a larger gold time gate

The much larger issue is for the kittens that flip precursors at the TP and obviously changing the price. Dawn used to be 300-400g few months ago, now its 700 lowest while there has been no gold boost. Go figure. Items NEED to have hardcoded TOP price. Player-driven economy is just a mess. Too many greedy people.

Screw precursors … lvl 20 Masterwork item costs 12 silver, or more. <o>

Sometimes it is really nice to be able to look at gw2Spidy and see what the truth of the situation is. “A few months ago”, when dawn was last 400g would be early January of 2013, over a year ago. 300g you would have to go back to 2012. In fact, aside from a spike at the new year the price has been pretty stable for the last five months, and reasonable well settled since February.

As for low level crafted items, take a look at the materials involved in making them. Most of them are already listed at a loss, and they are still significantly more expensive than dropped gear a level higher or lower. It really saves a lot of coin if you update your gear on levels that are not a multiple of five.

The only thing that a max sell value being tied to items would do is cause people to hoard valuable items such as precursors. Rather than complaining about having to save up hundreds of gold to buy them, people would be complaining about only being able to get them via barter for other extremely valuable top end items.