Precursor Crafting

Precursor Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Patient One.1248

Patient One.1248

So I was looking through site and noticed that this mechanic was going to be released. I was thinking what it might involve for crafting, now I am focused on Spark right now so I was thinking 250 Ori dagger blades and handles, 20 Major Sigil of Air, and 250 Charged Fragments. That way kind of spread out the wealth and new things become expensive and not just things become more expensive, and maybe instead of Ori blades maybe Mithril blades so that they become better then worthless… thoughts???

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Maybe something entirely new?

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Iambeastx.6805

Iambeastx.6805

i hope its something new and not something that can be easily made via the stockpiles some people may/do already have

All my life i wanted to be someone,
now i realise i should have been more specific.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I was thinking more along the lines of the way the new backpack treasure hunt is setup – have multiple items (by this example) acquired by various means, each item leads you to a different task around tyria of varying difficulties.

But that’s treasure hunt, crafting… hmm, combination of the two?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

i hope its something new and not something that can be easily made via the stockpiles some people may/do already have

I’m not seeing it mentioned often, but it’s certainly on my mind and some others: the back piece scavenger hunt. I’d guess the items involved, at their current value, would be around 112g, about a tenth of the average precursor. So imagine what the scavenger hunt times ten would be like.

Personally, I’d rather they make Legendary crafting a scavenger hunt, as well as the precursor, I guess. I think this would have to be implemented with an entirely new set of Legendaries, though. That might even be a better idea, you could profit off the new scavenger hunt to buy an old precursor.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I have little doubt that precursor crafting, if ever released, would be a horrendous time-gating of awful mats (Giant’s Eyes, for example).