Precursor Crafting

Precursor Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Does anyone know why isn’t it implemented yet? After waiting a long time for Scavenger Hunt, nothing happened. Now we have ascended items, but still no precursor crafting options. I’m a bit confused. Adding a few recipes doesn’t seem like a lot of work to do. Why isn’t it in the game yet? Did anet say anything on the matter?

Example – Spark [Mystic Forge]
100x Obsidian Shard
5x Deldrimor Steel Ingot
10x Vision Crystal
10x Charged Lodestone

(edited by Yoroiookami.3485)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s more complicated than just adding a recipe. The game economy is much more complex and interconnected now than it was at launch.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Does anyone know why isn’t it implemented yet? After waiting a long time for Scavenger Hunt, nothing happened. Now we have ascended items, but still no precursor crafting options. I’m a bit confused. Adding a few recipes doesn’t seem like a lot of work to do. Why isn’t it in the game yet? Did anet say anything on the matter?

No, and you won’t hear anything about it either, cos it goes against their policy.

/headdesk

The only time you’ll hear something from Anet is “When It’s Ready.™”

more /headdesk….

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So you want a weapon that is so rare that it currently trades for 1,300g to be able to be crafted for 56g?

Do you really need anyone to explain why that recipe is not even remotely realistic?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Gandrogh.1530

Gandrogh.1530

So you want a weapon that is so rare that it currently trades for 1,300g to be able to be crafted for 56g?

Do you really need anyone to explain why that recipe is not even remotely realistic?

Anet said many times that even 100g were too expensive for precu and they will do something in order too lower the price of precu. 2 years laters precu cost 1500g and Anet is’nt working on it

/w Gandrogh Warlord
/w Gandrogh The Fallen
Vizunah’square

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: OnyX.9027

OnyX.9027

Crafted Precursors would/should be account bound only… solves any market issue

When is it going to happen? Soon or Never

Reservoir Shugo – Necro
Soul of Onyx – Guardian

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Anet said many times that even 100g were too expensive for precu and they will do something in order too lower the price of precu. 2 years laters precu cost 1500g and Anet is’nt working on it

And there is your answer. The guy who said that was wrong. That’s why they didn’t make precursors cheap. Instead they hired an economist who explained why cheap precursors would cause the entire economy to be damaged.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Precursor Crafting

Yoroiookami.3485

56g? I suppose you’ve counted the cost of most of the ingredients I’ve listed as an example? Karma is a currency as well. Might not be worth much to you, but it does take time and effort to get. Same goes for skillpoints.

That is…actually a good idea. It would probably solve most issues.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

So how much crying and economy impact would this have?
I’m all about non-RNG precursors but where do we draw the line?

If say today we make a recipe for each precursor that currently costs 500G for instance, wouldn’t said materials needed inflate greatly in price? wouldn’t actual precursors drop in price?

It’s a hard line to thread to be honest

Precursor Crafting

Yoroiookami.3485

So how much crying and economy impact would this have?
I’m all about non-RNG precursors but where do we draw the line?

If say today we make a recipe for each precursor that currently costs 500G for instance, wouldn’t said materials needed inflate greatly in price? wouldn’t actual precursors drop in price?

It’s a hard line to thread to be honest

Perhaps we should use mostly items that require karma, skillpoints and laurels to get them. That way we have to earn our precursor. =)

Precursor Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

It’s such a pity that the search function on this forum is still broken* after over 2 years. Most of these perennial topics resurface because the people posting about them don’t want to have to dig through thousands of pages of threads to find something relevant.

*if they bothered using the search function at all.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Read this response:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/3780700

*If you want to search for a topic, use plain old Google, it works…that’s how I found the response above.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Source? The source I’m thinking said nothing like that. A lot of what you’re saying that Anet said was actually an interpretation from players.

EDIT: This was the post I saw. Notice how they do not state any prices or even say that they’re going to do anything. So considering they haven’t made any adjustments in the past two years probably means that they didn’t find a big enough issue to warrant changes.

We have been watching the prices climbing on Legendary precursors and share your concerns about some of them becoming too expensive. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any adjustments we feel are necessary.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Anet did say something along that line(not sure if its 100g or not, maybe higher).

But back then the fastest farm was repeat speed clear cof p1(zerker 4 war 1 mes), the diminish return was huge and an avg group only earn ~2g per hour after the first hour.

Ever since QJ patch, rework on dungeon reward and add champ box set gw2 economy in super fast track, 1500g nowadays is about the same value as 100~150g when the statement were made.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I think it’s fair to say that precursor hunting ain’t coming. I’m certainly not crossing my fingers for it any more because it’s been so dang long. They say it’s coming but I’ll believe it when I see it. Action speaks louder than words.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Precursor Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

*If you want to search for a topic, use plain old Google, it works…that’s how I found the response above.

Wow, that’s such an endorsement for the forums, well done Anet.

/sarcasm

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

That is…actually a good idea. It would probably solve most issues.

If the new method is easier/faster/cheaper than existing methods:

Demand for precursors on the TP goes down, and prices go down. Yay!

Precursor prices are connected to prices for rares/exotics used to forge them, which also goes down – your income from dungeon runs, boss chests, etc. goes down. Uh-oh!

Prices for materials also needed to complete a Legendary go up due to increased demand (more people creating Legendary weapons). If you’re leveling crafting, working on ascended gear, etc. you end up paying more for the stuff you need to complete projects. Uh-oh!

End result, players get their cheap precursors, but everything else they need goes up in price while a lot of drops go down in price. Things cost more, but you have less money to spend! Not good.

If the new method takes more time/money/effort than current methods, the market isn’t affected – because players ignore the new method and just start a kittenstorm complaining that they waited so long for nothing. Not good.

If the answer to the problem was that simple, it would already be in the game.

Precursor Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I really don’t think people would be THAT put-out by a marginal increase of everything else that goes along with the precursor for the legendary.

The real issue here is the inconvenience of never having either the money, the luck or the opportunity to get the precursor drop which gets everyone offside. RNG is the main enemy here; if the precursor were that easy to get past in terms of progress, the rest (cost aside) would be a cakewalk.

Precursor crafting would be a guaranteed way of getting the hardest-to-get item in the game via methods already established from prior scavenger hunts (mawdrey, etc.). This would add a bit more excitement to the process, actually getting somewhere rather than idly marking time waiting for that one-in-a-billion drop chance.

But alas, Anet deems this to be the easy way out, and you can’t enjoy the game without Anet’s RNG. It’s like a mandatory barrier you have to pass through and most attempts are going to take far longer than the lucky few others. Besides, they aren’t working on it, never have been working on it… this is as much as we know so I’m going on a worst-case scenario. They wanted to rework the process so it factored in the rewards system that they were working on about a year ago, that’s the last we heard. Basically they scrapped everything and started again (or permanently shelved it) for all we know.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

It’s not implemented because it would ruin the economy. Everybody would go for legend and sell it on tp. Prices of precursors would sharply drop.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well im just a player here but if precursor was account bound cant they put a tag on it to make the legendary account bound aswell?

Same skin you just make it from crafting window instead making it account bound

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

It would still result with sharp price drop on tp.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

How you will still have the i want it noooooow crowd

Precursor Crafting

Yoroiookami.3485

Read this response:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/3780700

I did not know that. I’ll use google in the future. =)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Precursor crafting doesn’t necessarily need to cost anything, but it should require some amount of effort to get the components needed. This will give it a reasonable amount of time-gating, allowing players to take their time with it or grind it out.

As for its affect on the economy, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Weapons themselves won’t be worth much, the legendary won’t be worth much either. But it gives everyone equal opportunity to get a Legendary weapon skin. That doesn’t necessarily mean everyone and their cat will have a Legendary weapon – people will generally only go for weapons they want and no more, except for the completionists who just want everything.

The precursor weapon is one step in many towards getting a Legendary weapon. The other components also adds to the time and effort needed. Right now, you either need an insane amount of luck or gold to get the last step (everything else is attainable with enough time and effort even for a casual player).

I don’t see Legendary weapons as a status symbol. Nothing in this game is a status symbol. All skins should be available to everyone regardless of how often they play. The difference is that a casual player would take much longer to reach their Legendary weapon.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I personally think if precursors have a crappy aquisition solely to drive the economy, then they need to improve the economy.

Overall game design should be the main force for content creation.
While precursors current aquisition is responsible for the current economic equilibrium, that economic equilibrium is responsible for the feeling of lackluster rewards, a high focus on grind, lack of incentives for content, and quanity over all else approach to progression.

So yeah, i think they need to work on restructuring the player economy to be less wasteful, and seperated from game design.