Precursor Crafting

Precursor Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Toxic.9214

Toxic.9214

Any new updates/statements from Anet regarding other ways of optaining a precursor, e.g. precursor crafting ?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: AmFah.4389

AmFah.4389

Nah. Just buy gems and convert them to gold to get them, like they want everyone to do.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

No. /15chars

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

/15chars

What is the /15chars all about?

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

/15chars

What is the /15chars all about?

Message bodies must be at least 15 characters. Although I’ve never found that to be correct at all. “No. /15chars” is 12 characters and somehow it doesn’t get blocked by the system, but if you just type “No.” it will fail to post.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No

The Burninator

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well seeing as we crafters have been waiting apx. a year now for jewelery and cook professions to be updated, I can’t see any hope for precursors.

Just play the mystic toilet trading game for now and maybe (lol) within the next 5 years it will get added.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Nah. Just buy gems and convert them to gold to get them, like they want everyone to do.

For anyone curious, this would amount to approximately 140-150 USD for the most sought-after precursors.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Any new updates/statements from Anet regarding other ways of optaining a precursor, e.g. precursor crafting ?

I’ll go with, “it’s still on the table.” And the old chestnut of “When it’s ready.”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

I don’t see why people want the most “special” items in the game to be trivially obtainable. Legendaries are already common enough.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I don’t see why people want the most “special” items in the game to be trivially obtainable. Legendaries are already common enough.

Ah, but they’re not asking for them to be trivially obtainable. They’re asking for them to be PREDICTABLY EARNABLE. There’s a huge difference between the two.

And yes, you can save up and buy it off of the TP. But buying the main part of your legendary (or even the whole legendary) with cash feels… lame. Shallow. About as epic as making toast. People want to EARN it. And no, having a chance to luck into it doesn’t count as earning, it counts as being lucky.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Haha, that’s great!

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Personally I want them to be legendary, if anything.

Grinding for gold (or converting gems) and then buying a precursor of the TP which someone else has created in MF isn’t really legendary, you know. Just like getting the precursor via RNG.

I have to admit, I was lucky dropping a precursor in an instance. I had already given up hoping for one, so it was a great positive surprise. But being able to craft a precursor in a way similar (but potentially more complex) as Mawdrey, why not?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Ah, but they’re not asking for them to be trivially obtainable. They’re asking for them to be PREDICTABLY EARNABLE. There’s a huge difference between the two.

And yes, you can save up and buy it off of the TP. But buying the main part of your legendary (or even the whole legendary) with cash feels… lame. Shallow. About as epic as making toast. People want to EARN it. And no, having a chance to luck into it doesn’t count as earning, it counts as being lucky.

buying the precursor with gold , that was made only in game isnt something “lame” , and why do you care how someone got his legendary?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

buying the precursor with gold , that was made only in game isnt something “lame” , and why do you care how someone got his legendary?

I’m not saying I care or feel that way, I’m saying that some of the people going after the legendaries feel that way.

See the post above yours for an example.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Actually it’s totally lame! Maybe like buying your way thru end game would be lame.

Also he doesn’t care how anyone else got their legendary… he cares about how he get’s his own legendary.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’ll go with, “it’s still on the table.” And the old chestnut of “When it’s ready.”

The last state of the game mentioned it, and yes, it was pushed back. I think the reason was, the idea they had wasn’t panning out well, so they had to start from square one again. Then of course, other stuff became more important, so it was pushed back again and again…

so its not that it ISN’T being developed, its just not a priority