Precursor: If you had 700 G, would you...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Precursors have just gotten out of control. Would you drop 700 gold to buy yours, or is there a good chance of coming out ahead if you try the mystic forge?

Would you:

1) buy it off the TP
2) buy rares for the MF to try and get it
3) buy exotics for the MF to try and get it

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Just take the 700g and invest it into the TP… of course there is risk and you may need to get another account or two but if you have that amount to invest the sky is the limit for return.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

the best thing to do atm, if u can get ur legendary soon, is to buy it make the legendary and sell it. by the time precursors drop or the scavenger hunt is complete ull have all ur gifts rdy and still have 1000g + . 5 trys and 1000g later i ended up with nothing, so i would never suggest the mf. well one thing i would suugest is to buy 20g worth of rares, put them in the mf, and see if ur one of those lucky kittens :P.

Beorn Saxon.4762

Just take the 700g and invest it into the TP… of course there is risk and you may need to get another account or two but if you have that amount to invest the sky is the limit for return.

I suck at TP and pretty much refuse to spend my time doing it. It is not even close to fun, nor a tolerable way for me to spend my gaming time. Thank you though for you feed back People that work the TP shouldn’t be the only ones that can get a legendary either.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

They’re not – they can drop, forge, etc.

You think playing the TP is fun/engaging like running content with buddies? It isn’t but it pays better and is more fun than EvE market games.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Precursors have just gotten out of control. Would you drop 700 gold to buy yours, or is there a good chance of coming out ahead if you try the mystic forge?

Would you:

1) buy it off the TP
2) buy rares for the MF to try and get it
3) buy exotics for the MF to try and get it

I can tell you this much,

option 3 is more expensive than option 2.
option 2 and 3 both do not guarantee a precursor
option 1 guarantees a precursor and is lower than the average cost of getting one through MF

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

None of the above, but I could use the 700 gold.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I’ll take option…

4) Bribe Zommoros.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I wouldnt do any of these things. I look at GW2 as a game. Because it is a game. While I’ve spent more than 1400 hours playing this game, I’m not going to become so invested in it that I obsessively crunch the TP attempting to grow my gold into the small fortune needed for some of the more popular precursors. Because I already spend entirely too much time playing this game.

The option I would choose is to wait. Wait and see what happens. Remember the Lost Shores precursor boom?

Posted by: Hardist.3104

Hardist.3104

I liked the idea of Twilight for my Warrior, but after seeing some movies about it, I don’t want to get it anymore. I am afraid the effects will only distract me and make my dodging off or something.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

My advice is if you want a precursor, do not rush to get it. Legendaries are essentially a total end-game thing, and rushing to get them is nothing but a nightmare. The 2 precursors I obtained were from a “now and then” mentality, just throwing in rares every couple of days with some spare leftover gold, throwing in any exotics I got from those rares as a result. The main thing is that they weren’t my main concern, so I wasn’t panicking to get them. Sure, it took months, but I had everything else by that point, too.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I would grab the 700 gold and:
4) buy more character slots
5) buy T3 cultural for my dear Asuras
6) buy more bank slots
7) buy even more character slots
8) blow the money on whatever my guild needs
9) sit on the rest

Much more fun than a single legendary ^^

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I would gamble 100g in mystic, then if it fails, then i would buy it directly from tp.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Sure, why not. If you’re the type of person that plays primarily 1 toon, then i’d say for sure. You will never need to worry about another “main” weapon again as long as the game is out. Or you could invest in more char slots, level a whole army to level 80 and farm your kitten off with said army of alts and get more gold.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

If i have 700g i would buy with 100% certainty a precusor from TP.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Eh….

I’d just take the 700g and turn it into more.

Then i’d outright buy the legendary i want.

Posted by: Sazgo.9842

Sazgo.9842

Don’t even think of gambling on forge you will put 100g in not get it and then become addicted and keep pouring all your gold in.
I wasted 400g so far but cant stop using any gold i gain as i feel it must be due soon. If i had started with a large amount i would of just saved to buy it off TP.

Beorn Saxon.4762

Thanks guys this is helpful. Sounds like I won’t be using the mystic forge. I’ve already got toon slots, bank slots, cultural armor, almost level 80s of all professions, and my guild doesn’t need anything cause its huge.

A legendary for my main is my next goal and ive been trying to hold out for the scavenger hunt, but I have done everything else and it’s still not ready (nor does it seem even close to coming out).

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]