Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

Why is this taking so long?
There is such an easy way to get this to work
Why not allow players to throw different ascended weapons of the same type into the mystic forge (one of which celestial adds a time gate) and then you will get that precursor.

So for example 3 different stated ascended weapons and a celestial ascended stat will give you a precursor/ precursor equivalent. Then you can use it to make your legendary. It would have to be all greatsword for Dusk or all rifle for the hunter.

It will fit in lore/logic/ease etc.

I think it’s a simple fast fix that will allow people to get legendary that feels we get there through skill not a gold grind/RNG god prayers

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Any precusor fix has to take the economy into account. I’m relatively sure people have invested in precusors and even made legendaries just to sell for profit.

Imagine if you were one of these people, went to all the trouble of making a legendary, spent hundreds of gold to list it and boom, the price drop would be nuts.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea or a good idea. I’m saying that whatever Anet does, the affect it would have on the TP has to be very carefully weighed.

My guess is, if that happened, the price on T6 mats would skyrocket very very fast.

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Any precusor fix has to take the economy into account. I’m relatively sure people have invested in precusors and even made legendaries just to sell for profit.

Imagine if you were one of these people, went to all the trouble of making a legendary, spent hundreds of gold to list it and boom, the price drop would be nuts.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea or a good idea. I’m saying that whatever Anet does, the affect it would have on the TP has to be very carefully weighed.

My guess is, if that happened, the price on T6 mats would skyrocket very very fast.

Foresight is something sellers needs to have in mind before selling. An update where the prices for precursors is changed should also be in the mind of the sellers before they even try to sell.

TL;DR It’s their own risk.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The impact on Precursor and Legendary sellers would be minimal. It would be the impact on T6 crafting materials that would be the huge negative impact, which means that every player in the game would be impacted in a pretty severe way.

Did you know that there is only enough Vials of Powerful Blood on the market right now to make 49 Legendaries?

Do you know what would happen to the price of Vials of Powerful Blood if 50 people suddenly got a precursor and bought out the current stock?

Now imagine that same thing happening to the other T6 materials (because they are all in the same boat in terms of supply).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why is this taking so long?
There is such an easy way to get this to work
Why not allow players to throw different ascended weapons of the same type into the mystic forge (one of which celestial adds a time gate) and then you will get that precursor.

So for example 3 different stated ascended weapons and a celestial ascended stat will give you a precursor/ precursor equivalent. Then you can use it to make your legendary. It would have to be all greatsword for Dusk or all rifle for the hunter.

It will fit in lore/logic/ease etc.

I think it’s a simple fast fix that will allow people to get legendary that feels we get there through skill not a gold grind/RNG god prayers

How would that change anything? It would remove the RNG sure but it would be still pretty dull.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: Ciucan.5092

Ciucan.5092

You have to be way out of your mind to consider " throwing away 3-4 ascended weapons for a legendary".
I have crafted ascended weapons for all my characters before they made them account bound and let me tell you the grind would be to the roof.
A legendary weapon is not worth 4 ascended,not in terms of money,not in terms of time..

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

See this is why it would work. you want a legendary. you will take it.

The affect on T6 wouldn’t be huge, everyone can get one. It would balance out in reality. you grind T6 mats through various sources. everyone has access. so you can sell them for gold or buy them. It balances.

Ascended weapons x4 may not be worth it but if you think of it this way
If time = gold, gold = time. Precursors are random so expensive. Ascended is cheap but takes time.
so surely therefore we have a great balance. If it takes 30 days and 500+ gold that would balance to 0 days and 1000g.

I don’t see ascended as much of a grind as people make out, I get the materials by playing the game. Mostly ascended weapons on characters (9 total) still haven’t seen a precursor drop. have lots of ascended materials still sat in the bank as well. Would like to see them go to some use.

To put it in perspective. I main an engi. getting legendaries is pointless. I may consider it if it wasn’t RNG fest.

RNG doesn’t equal fun, neither does grinding. but having a way to secure something through a little bit of work its better than hope and luck out.

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

Precursor hunt Fast Fix

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The affect on T6 wouldn’t be huge, everyone can get one. It would balance out in reality. you grind T6 mats through various sources. everyone has access. so you can sell them for gold or buy them. It balances.

Farming a full stack of each T6 material will take you a long time. I estimate at least 6 months.

If you increase the number of precursors, the entire stock of T6 materials will be sold out in seconds and then the new price will climb quickly. I’d (conservatively) estimate to around 2 gold per material which means that buying a full stack of a T6 material will go from approximately 100g to 500g. You need 8 such stacks, so your total T6 material cost per legendary will climb from the current 800g to around 4,000g.

T6 prices also impact nearly every other crafting market (Ascended, potions, sigils, precursor forging, etc.) so those prices will also skyrocket.

Increasing the supply of precursors will be BAD for everyone except the ultra-wealthy as long as the legendary crafting process remains the same.

Server: Devona’s Rest