Precursor prices after expansion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

do you guys think the prices will drop? i for sure think they will drop the prices.

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

there is no “they”

the market determines the price. Anet can’t suddenly drop The Legend’s price by 400g because they think its currently too expensive.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Yeah, I would be very surprised if the precursor market doesn’t see a crash once HoT comes out. Demand is about to see a drop, and supply will probably go up as well since people will come back and play more for the new content.

there is no “they”

Sure there is: the players who are selling their precursors.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Overall and in the long-run, it depends really on how many limitations there are on the precursor crafting/scavenger hunt.

For instance, if the scavenger hunt is so time consuming (or requires completion of difficult content) then I can’t imagine that the precursor price on TP will drop that much. It might be so laborious that it could take a similar amount of time grinding/farming gold to buy the precursor in the first place.

Of course, even though the crafted precursors will be account-bound, this would mean that there would be less demand overall for the precursors on the TP. The question is, will the supply of precursors be the same when HoT releases as it is now? Maybe fewer people will be throwing weapons into the forge and be spending their gold on the new content?

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

The addition of a guaranteed route could well reduce the number of people gambling with the mystic forge, which could have an effect of reducing the production of exotics being sold by people throwing rares into the forge, thus reducing supply and increasing price of exotics in general.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

It’s going to depend on what’s involved in crafting a precursor. If we need lots of expensive and/or time gated materials and tasks, they’ll probably remain high and in demand.

Also Anet can change prices somewhat by increasing supply.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

It’s going to depend on what’s involved in crafting a precursor. If we need lots of expensive and/or time gated materials and tasks, they’ll probably remain high and in demand.

At this rate I’m expecting it to require something you need to grind raids for.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i’m currently holding on to my gold because i would like to first see how the new legendary staff looks like, and then make decision. i’m sure i’m not the only one.

i say the price would drop a little, but not by much, after the expansion….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

If Anet thought that precursor crafting would be cheap or easy enough to drop the prices, then they would just slowly change the drop rate of precursors so that the precursor prices slowly dropped by the time of the expansion. Since this isn’t happening, my guess is precursor crafting is going to be either pretty time consuming, labor intensive, or still cost a lot in crafting materials. However, prices still might change a little simply due to phycological effects. If people get scared before release a bunch of people may post precursors at lower values all at once and lower the price regardless of how precursor crafting is.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

the legend. i remember seeing the supply was only 8 last week. now 19.

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Its possible with the average person deciding to go for Pre from Masteries that it will hit the sale of Exotics hard but also reduce the actual availability of Pres on TP and they might keep value because of that – the Mastery aquisition of the Pre may still be long and arduous and not something people want to repeat (can they even repeat?).

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Depends on what you have to do to unlock a precursor, I doubt it will be easy or something you can do in a day or even a week.

I think prices will drop but not by a huge amount. Probably you’ll see around 20-25% reduction in price.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Overall and in the long-run, it depends really on how many limitations there are on the precursor crafting/scavenger hunt.

For instance, if the scavenger hunt is so time consuming (or requires completion of difficult content) then I can’t imagine that the precursor price on TP will drop that much. It might be so laborious that it could take a similar amount of time grinding/farming gold to buy the precursor in the first place.

Of course, even though the crafted precursors will be account-bound, this would mean that there would be less demand overall for the precursors on the TP. The question is, will the supply of precursors be the same when HoT releases as it is now? Maybe fewer people will be throwing weapons into the forge and be spending their gold on the new content?

Yeah .. also if the prices drop maybe less players are motivated to gamble at
the mystic forge and in the end the precursors also will not drop in price
because there is less supply-

And at the moment i wouldn’t even be surprised if you have to do raids
for the precurser hunt.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Yeah .. also if the prices drop maybe less players are motivated to gamble at
the mystic forge and in the end the precursors also will not drop in price
because there is less supply-

And at the moment i wouldn’t even be surprised if you have to do raids
for the precurser hunt.

Highly doubt it. Anet seems to want to make a clear distinction between how you unlock types of legendarys. Raids are definitely going to be for the armor precursors. Fractals for the backpiece precursors,.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Drop rates probably aren’t going to change.
Demand will probably go up, as more people feel like a legendary is achieveable.
Each account will be able to craft one of each pre (or so we hear), and I haven’t heard if they will be tradeable
And new legendaries will not be tradeable (or so we hear) and could possibly extend to older legendaries crafted from the precurser hunt.

I’m not sure I see prices crashing, I mean look at the expensive dyes after the 3rd birthday gift. Some prices dropped a bit, but nothing crashed hard as far as I’ve seen.
(That could have even been a test drive of how to add a large supply of very expensive items to the game without crashing prices)
And thats with a great many players being given a total freebie.
I expect the precurser hunt to be quite egregious.
Too many variables we don’t know yet.
I sit looking at most of the mats needed for a legendary (of course missing the pre most of all) and the debate is go for it now, wait it out and see?
My original plan had been to craft a first one to sell and use the proceeds to finish my own without being totally broke. But where am I going to be if HoT makes then non tradeable and I’m stuck with 90% of a legendary I don’t want?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I think prices will normalize across the board, in the case of current legendaries (assuming precursor drops will still be a thing).

Usually when determining the market price of an item, you would use the trade value of the resources needed to craft it, if it is craftable. If it isn’t, then it would be a case of supply vs demand. Right now, precursor values are purely based on that supply vs demand scenario, but once they become “craftable”, I think their prices will be determined by the amount of effort and resources required to craft them.

I personally think the most expensive precursors will come down in price, while some of the cheaper ones will go up, and they’ll end up hitting a relative middle ground, with some deviation based on the popularity of a legendary.

Of course, this is also assuming ANet have ensured that the crafting journeys for each precursor are balanced as much as possible relative to one another. If one precursor is notably harder to craft than another for some reason, or if they use more valuable mats (kinda like how some legendaries use the expensive charged lodestones while others use much cheaper alternatives), then that will factor into the prices as well.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I think they will take a big dip the first 6 months or so because demand will drop alot. After that people will probably realize they want to make more legendaries and demand will rise again.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Only the new legendary precursors will be account bound. All the original ones will still be sellable, once you make the final version of the precursor.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

To craft precursors will mean first maxing the Mastery track. Each Maguuma mastery track needs 16,891,000 exp to finish. If the Precusor one is the same then this means to max that track, people will first need to do hours and hours (and hours) of content in vanilla Tyria, at a time that a lot of people are going to be wanting to be playing in the new maps and maxing those Masteries. There is also the Fractal Masteries which will be competing for people’s hours. With all this, it may be quite some time before the Precursor Mastery track is maxed for more than a handful of people. For this reason I doubt prices for precursors will be dropping any time soon.

Heart of Maguuma Mastey tracks

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

For instance, if the scavenger hunt is so time consuming (or requires completion of difficult content)

At the very least I would want the scavenger hunt to require finishing the dungeon that awards the gift (all paths). It’s so sad watching players with Incinerator that haven’t done CoF P3 in their life

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

https://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29167

Look at for example spark, how the price behaved since HoT announcement (includign the precursor announcement). Initially there was a drop. The market never fully recovered from this, but has been slowly going up since.
Most important is that this trend was not broken by the release date announcement. If there would be any significant trend visable, it would show there atleast a lil.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Usually when determining the market price of an item, you would use the trade value of the resources needed to craft it, if it is craftable. If it isn’t, then it would be a case of supply vs demand. Right now, precursor values are purely based on that supply vs demand scenario, but once they become “craftable”, I think their prices will be determined by the amount of effort and resources required to craft them.

But precursors have an average forging value based on the average amount of rares/exos you throw into the forge. And the price of mithril, elder wood and t5 fine mats mostly determines the price of the popular pres.

Some events in the past awarded lots of these materials (halloween, wintersday, SW).
Most people claimed the price for pres went down earlier this year because of the announcement but it was mostly access to cheap t5 mats (snowflakes) from Wintersday, which let their prices drop. Thats why since then, prices have been rising continously, as no new content went live and mats for crafting rares went up in price, with elder wood the main culprit.

Supply and demand wont have that big of an influence because if demand goes down and prices with it, people will stop forging them and once a popular pre drops 100-200g in price, demand will rise again.

And as already mentioned, the mastery tracks for old precursors wont be the first choice of most people, they either will work on the new pres (which arent tradeable anyways) or the other Maguuma masteries.

So i guess wether the prices for old pres (at least the popular ones) will go down or not, will mostly be determined by the output of t5 common and fine mats once HoT goes live.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

As others have pointed out, it’ll depend on how hard they are to acquire with HoT. We don’t know so there isn’t going to be an accurate statement.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

But precursors have an average forging value based on the average amount of rares/exos you throw into the forge. And the price of mithril, elder wood and t5 fine mats mostly determines the price of the popular pres.

Some events in the past awarded lots of these materials (halloween, wintersday, SW).
Most people claimed the price for pres went down earlier this year because of the announcement but it was mostly access to cheap t5 mats (snowflakes) from Wintersday, which let their prices drop. Thats why since then, prices have been rising continously, as no new content went live and mats for crafting rares went up in price, with elder wood the main culprit.

Supply and demand wont have that big of an influence because if demand goes down and prices with it, people will stop forging them and once a popular pre drops 100-200g in price, demand will rise again.

And as already mentioned, the mastery tracks for old precursors wont be the first choice of most people, they either will work on the new pres (which arent tradeable anyways) or the other Maguuma masteries.

So i guess wether the prices for old pres (at least the popular ones) will go down or not, will mostly be determined by the output of t5 common and fine mats once HoT goes live.

I understand how you’re trying to look at it, but it’s still ultimately built around supply and demand. There’s a reason why precursors like Rodgort’s flame had, until recently, only sold for up to 80 gold while others like dusk sold for up to 1300 + gold. It had very little to do with the cost of crafting items to throw in the forge, and more to do with demand (greatsword legendaries are far more popular than Rodgort).

If this was not the case, the price disparity would not have been so severe because the price difference between crafting a torch and a greatsword is not as proportionately severe as the difference in value of Rodgort’s flame and Dusk, respectively. In fact, just look at the price difference between Dusk and Dawn, both of which would have the same chance of dropping and require the same average cost (both requiring you to drop greatswords in the forge), yet because of differences in demand for each, have very different price ranges on the TP (Dusk costs around 50% more than Dawn).

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

We can hope not. If it does then that is a sign that ANet made the process to craft a precursor way to easy and they missed the mark. I have never had one drop yet but that’s most of the fun, knowing that there is something of value in the loot tables versus, oh look another ‘x’. You never want to bored with loot drops since its one the factors outside of the fun that keep players playing. The crafting of the precursors should be on scale to the existing drop rate and you want the drops to continue so that people can achieve this goal in multiple ways.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

rhapsody.3615

Something I forgot to mention: they told us that not all new legendary weapon types will be ready at HoT release (I believe the wording was “a handful”) I have a feeling the new weapon types for each class will be the ones they’ve been pushing to finish first. Staff, warhorn, greatsword, hammer, shield, longbow, torch. If interest is high for the new ones, their old version precursors would also drop a bit. Along with crafting a precursor, it will have a lot to do with how we like the new designs.

rhapsody.3615

At this rate I’m expecting it to require something you need to grind raids for.

I always assumed Mawdrey was a small test for precursor crafting. We had to do some story, get to certain locations to charge our ingredients, and craft time gated materials. I think these types of tasks will be a part of crafting a precursor, but on a larger scale.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Something I forgot to mention: they told us that not all new legendary weapon types will be ready at HoT release (I believe the wording was “a handful”) I have a feeling the new weapon types for each class will be the ones they’ve been pushing to finish first. Staff, warhorn, greatsword, hammer, shield, longbow, torch. If interest is high for the new ones, their old version precursors would also drop a bit. Along with crafting a precursor, it will have a lot to do with how we like the new designs.

There will be 3 new Legendary Weapons released with HoT, with the rest to follow – they’re being tight lipped over which atm though. I kinda agree with you that I would expect them to release weapons linked to the new Elite Specs first.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Market determines jack in this game

The precursors that are up right now will remain and no matter the supply or the demand they will remain the same.

The people who will benefit from pre-crafting are those who have either been trying to flush one out or have simply given up with the final mat being the pre. I’m in the latter as all I need is a chaos gun to finish the legend.

Even with the additional carfted pres the influx of F2P players will offset this as they will flood the market with T6 mats. There are another group of legendary go getters those who were intimidated with gift of fortune and lower T6 prices will send these people into a buying frenzy. Thus increasing demand once again by a substantial amount. In the end things will fall back to prices set months ago so what you see now will probably be the same 6 months after HoT release.

What will change and lower the prices is the introduction of new legendaries that use seperate mats. That will drop the demand unlike anything else and let the supply increase enough to make a difference. Even with that however what is really needed to fix our economy is upkeep costs for the auction hall. Other games have 24-48 hours on the TP as a limit before it needs to be re posted. You can’t buy a spot on the shelf to sell your merchandise indefinitely and yet this is allowed in GW2. It is that action that makes the standard supply-demand model impractacle and a poor excuse for prices. Space costs money in the real world and yet this is absent in GW2 and a detriment to our economy. There needs to be a limit to how long a product can stay in the TP.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

i absolutely agree with this.
if there would be a time litmit, that would solve alot of things, especialyl would we get rid of all those tons of dead offers, that linger permanently in the TP around.
It would improve the performance of the Tp significantly, if it would clean itself up with timed removals from oferes whose time limits have run out on a regular basis.

It would lead also to the point, that people have more oftenly to check for their stuff, if they have been under cutted, thus prices will also get faster down by people having more constantly to check up their stuff and go down with their prices, if they want to stay with their offers on the top

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

do you guys think the prices will drop? i for sure think they will drop the prices.

There are just so many factors that you have to take into account for this its impossible to tell. Personally, I am prepared for both a drop and a rise and will make a lot of gold regardless.

Some but not all factors that can / will make the current precursor prices go down:

- New weapon legendaries not requiring as much RNG or materials
- New precursor crafting – if it requires far less mats then the prices will drop
- New legendaries such as armors – will cause less interest in the current weapon precursor market, thus increasing supply while lowering demand

On the flipside, if all these new things use up tons of T6 and T5 mats, then everything will rise in prices, existing precursors included.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The markets for the new legendary weapons will be what is really interesting to see. I don’t think anyone will care about the old legendary weapons once you can get the new account bound ones.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I understand how you’re trying to look at it, but it’s still ultimately built around supply and demand. There’s a reason why precursors like Rodgort’s flame had, until recently, only sold for up to 80 gold while others like dusk sold for up to 1300 + gold. It had very little to do with the cost of crafting items to throw in the forge, and more to do with demand (greatsword legendaries are far more popular than Rodgort).

If this was not the case, the price disparity would not have been so severe because the price difference between crafting a torch and a greatsword is not as proportionately severe as the difference in value of Rodgort’s flame and Dusk, respectively. In fact, just look at the price difference between Dusk and Dawn, both of which would have the same chance of dropping and require the same average cost (both requiring you to drop greatswords in the forge), yet because of differences in demand for each, have very different price ranges on the TP (Dusk costs around 50% more than Dawn).

I was only talking about popular expensive pres, maybe i should have pointed that out more clearly. But youre right, the price of unpopular pres like the torch is determined by low demand and high supply. Nobody is throwing rare or exotic torches into the forge to get that pre because supply from random drops and random forged weapons more than covers demand.

For greatswords, professional forgers usually add the value of dusk and dawn and divide it by two to determine if its profitable atm to forge gs.

Of course supply and demand determines prices in general but what i wanted to say with my OP is that supply and demand wont be affected much by craftable pres.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

bold mine

Whatever new demand is created by a drop in price evaporates as the price climbs.

I think it would be more accurate to say that the post-HoT price of legacy precursors will be determined by the output of t5 materials and the new crafting recipe requirements. If the crafting recipes requires fewer materials than MF discovery, then we can expect to see the long term price of Legacy precursors fall and for more precursors to become unprofitable to discover via the MF. If the materials required for each method are similar or if the crafting recipe requires more materials, then we can expect the price of legacy precursors to remain on the course they are on now.

Until we know more about the recipe requirements, it is difficult to make any predictions.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I was thinking about this over the last few weeks, but now I don’t think the market will crash the way everyone thinks, first up no one knows what is needed for pre-cursor crafting, if the scavenger hunt is to long, or it requires something with a stupidly low drop rate, then people will not do it, as the whole reason people wanted pre cursor crafting was to remove the RnG from it,

So that leaves the age old, those who will grind it vs those who want it now, the problem here is the people who want it now will see a market that will dry up with pre’s as who will waste 1000’s of gold on RnG when you have a sure fire way of getting what you want.

So no unless Anet does something with drop rates after HoT is released, I cant see the market changing all that much.

Posted by: skonietz.9418

skonietz.9418

Since I am really close to finish my legendary and only need a few hundred gold to get the precursor as last part I am curious if I should maybe wait with getting the precursor until HoT, since prices may change because people will be able to craft the precursors.

What do you fellas think?

Will the prices probably go up or down and why?

Thanks in advance!

Greetz, Reev.

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

if u want the legendary weapon to bad just buy ur precursor i dont have luck at MF so thats how i got mine but the new one im going to make i will wait till the Patch and see if i can get it from mastery or buy it directly fromt he TP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

They will tank like crazy. Just wait it out.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since I am really close to finish my legendary and only need a few hundred gold to get the precursor as last part I am curious if I should maybe wait with getting the precursor until HoT, since prices may change because people will be able to craft the precursors.

No one can tell which way prices are going to go in the long run; there are just too many variables in both directions.

• When the original news came out, most precursor prices tanked, as everyone assumed they would have easy access to the next set of precursors.
  • Recently, prices rose when people discovered that there won’t be 19 new legendaries on the day HoT launches.
  • Similarly, there’s been a more modest trend towards higher prices as people get a sense that the relevant masteries won’t be instantly maxed on 23 October.

So, in your shoes, I’d consider which is more important:

• Having a legendary unlocked now, that I can use & enjoy for the next 4-5 months or longer.
  • Waiting for 6-8 weeks for HoT to launch and re-evaluating (and risking a price increase as others do the same).

Or as it is written: do you want the bird in the hand? Or a chance for the two in the bush?

edit: clarity and context

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Theoretically prices will be unaffected, because the precursors you craft will be account bound and thus not affect the supply on the market, while demand shouldn’t go down due to the difficulty of acquiring the recipe and actually crafting the precursor.

Realistically speaking it’s more likely that many of the buy orders will be withdrawn before HoT is released as players get ready to found out how difficult precursor crafting is (no sense in finding out it’s relatively easy and suddenly losing a pile of gold because a seller logged in earlier, came to the same conclusion, and decided to sell their pre before prices crashed), which will cause a temporary spike down in demand and might cause some less patient sellers to relist at lower prices.

In short, prices won’t go up, possibility of temporary drop in demand and listing prices. If you absolutely have to buy, you might get a better deal in the days leading up to and after HoT’s release.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I would wait. I mean it’ll be a lot more entertaining making the precursor through the new scavenging category that we’ll get. Plus your legendary will mean a lot more to you due to all you went through to make the precursor.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Personally, I’d wait a bit if for no other reason you might see some of the newly unveiled legendary weapons and decide you want one of those instead. If most of the basic ingredients are still the same, you might want to use the ones you’ve already gathered towards the new legendary instead of the one you’ve currently got your eye on.

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

I would wait. I mean it’ll be a lot more entertaining making the precursor through the new scavenging category that we’ll get. Plus your legendary will mean a lot more to you due to all you went through to make the precursor.

thats the answer i recommend this one u will enjoy making it the game is not about legendaries its about to have fun

Wasabi Kitty.8247

How prices will be affected will be difficult to tell. It really just depends on how you unlock the precursor through the new mastery system. The easier it will be, the more prices will fall. If it’s fairly easy (someone who plays 2 hours a day can get it in 2-3 weeks) then I would expect them to fall fairly drastically. If it’s very difficult, it could lead to a lot of people who were waiting on HoT to get their precursor going back to the trading post, leading to a spike in prices.

I think the most likely scenario is a modest decrease in prices. Probably no more than 20%.

As for whether or not YOU should wait, well that depends on how badly you want it, how much the price of a precursor is to you (do you have thousands of gold stashed away or have you not even unlocked the golden title?), and how long you think it will take you to unlock the precursor through mastery.

Personally I would recommend making sure you have all the other expensive parts, like tier 6 mats and lodestones, before you worry about the precursor.

Posted by: skonietz.9418

skonietz.9418

Just to clarify my situation:

I got all 3 gifts for predator except the precursor and I am currently at 450gold cash.
The precursor costs between 700-850.

I think once HoT comes out I will be at 600g cash min.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Nope. How much precursors drop all depends on what is needed, but based on what Anet has previously done and that they don’t want to harm the market, the prices won’t drop like you’re predicting.

Ayrilana.1396

Nope. How much precursors drop all depends on what is needed, but based on what Anet has previously done and that they don’t want to harm the market, the prices won’t drop like you’re predicting.

Weren’t you into precursor crafting yourself? checks post history: yes you are – or were, at least. Anyway, since launch, Anet has continuously changed markets if they believed it helped improve the game. They have never held back to stir up things, either economy-wise (by e.g. re-introducing items) or game-wise (by e.g. destroying the capital of Tyria).

Demand for these items will tank and, therefore, their prices will tank. And it will be a good thing, too. In its place though, I guess some items will rise in price exponentially (all that unspent gold has to go somewhere). We’ll know more once things like raids and guild halls have been introduced.

You mean legendary crafting to sell them for profit but that was almost a year ago. I personally don’t care for legendary weapons and the only way I would craft one for use would be if I got a precursor as a drop or I passively got one through the new collection system. Even then, this has zero relevance to my previous post so I don’t see why you brought it up.

You make assumptions based on zero facts other than your opinions. We don’t know what will go into getting the precursor through the collections. If they’re as time consuming or more than just farming the gold for the precursor, the change will be subtle. Anet has stated in the old BLTC subforum that they have no intention to harm the precursor market. You may have been a part of that as I vaguely remember your name from back then.

Like whether I would craft precursors or not, guild halls and raids have zero relevance to this thread.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I got all 3 gifts for predator except the precursor and I am currently at 450gold cash.

Put in a buy order now for something like 300g or whatever you are comfortable paying. Prices go up and down and I’ve gotten some premium items (including a precursor) for anywhere from 30-50% off compared to other buy offers, when that particular item tanked in price briefly (e.g. for a few hours or days).

When HoT comes out, one of the following will happen:

• You’ll get your precursor at what would today be a bargain price
  • You don’t get it and you can re-evaluate (either withdrawing the offer to spend on something else while you make your own or deciding to up the ante).
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

This can be an objective discussion of what we expect to see happen and not a kittening contest.

If you can’t afford the precursor now and won’t be able to afford one until after HoT has been live for a few weeks…..then the question of whether you should wait or not has answered itself.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Ayrilana.1396

Weren’t you into precursor crafting yourself? checks post history: yes you are – or were, at least. Anyway, since launch, Anet has continuously changed markets if they believed it helped improve the game. They have never held back to stir up things, either economy-wise (by e.g. re-introducing items) or game-wise (by e.g. destroying the capital of Tyria).

Demand for these items will tank and, therefore, their prices will tank. And it will be a good thing, too. In its place though, I guess some items will rise in price exponentially (all that unspent gold has to go somewhere). We’ll know more once things like raids and guild halls have been introduced.

[snip]

Like whether I would craft precursors or not, guild halls and raids have zero relevance to this thread.

I won’t respond to the [snip] portion, there’s no point. I will respond to your comment on raids and guild halls, I thought you would have connected the dots. The gold which will no longer be spent on precursors has to go somewhere. Raids in most MMO’s usually go hand-in-hand with prized possessions, “status objects” if you like, similar to legendaries. One could say they are even more prestigious, because such items require some amount of skill and cannot be bought on the TP. In order to attend raids, you will need the right gear, food and buffs. This is part of where the unspent gold kicks in. It would not be a stretch to imagine massive price increases in these markets once the precursor market is no longer profitable.

Actually it would be a stretch.