Precursors, huh.

Precursors, huh.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Legendary count – 4, both GS included.
5117 hours played since headstart (and don’t know how much on beta).
17k+ AP, full ascended sets, bla-bla.
12 80 characters.
Dungeons/bosses/pvp every day.
Most expensive drop was 89g focus from Shadow Behemoth.
Precursors? What is is precursors?

I wonder how many such lucky people are here.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, at least one…likely more. Lol.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

5000 hours on my account and highest drop was worth 40g

Guildie of mine never gotten any precursor, then he got two within 12 minutes of each other… Dunno his play hours.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

2,500 hours of gametime on all my chars..
Amount of legendaries: 0!
Amount of precursors: 0!
Amount of kittens I give: -9999999999

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

2,500 hours of gametime on all my chars..
Amount of legendaries: 0!
Amount of precursors: 0!
Amount of kittens I give: -9999999999

This. Highest gold value drop around 10g. I still survive and do what I need/want to do.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

didn’t we just do this exact thread 2 weeks ago?

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Of course we did and we will continue to have the same thread brought up because the poor implementation of them.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

12 80 characters.

Well… a minimum of 4, since the Legendaries you carry didn’t spawn themselves and had to involve a precursor drop at some point.

For me, none and none. Highest value drop 60-70G from Super Adventure Box

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

12 80 characters.

I completely agree. I also have been playing since Beta and have not had anything better than an Exotic drop.

Please post in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/RNG-as-a-concept-Discuss

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Of course we did and we will continue to have the same thread brought up because the poor implementation of them.

This, and there’s no way to know what has previously been posted

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I have 3800h, 5 lvl 80s, most prized possesion that dropped is a mini Kesmeer during southsun events that i sold for 30 gold at the time.

Meanwhile, some people that i know got about 3 precursors in their first 5 months of the game. And here i am, 2 and something years later, doing every world boss every day only to get greens and blues and occasional rare so i can sell it on tp for a few silvers and maybe some day try to earn enough gold to buy a precursor and someday maybe craft Meteorologicus. Maybe.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I got the torch precursor a long time ago. I don’t use torch on my guardian that often, and have no intention of bothering with creating Rodgort, do there it sits, forever alone.

Seems like am awful lot of ado about nothing to me, all the hubbub about legendaries.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I got a precursor off Teq a few months ago, but I’ve mostly just used the money as a cushion. I’ve gotten full ascended armor and nearly full ascended weapons on my guardian with gold I’ve made since then.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

12 80 characters.

Hi Rednik!

I played a random amount of hours and got a random amount of precursors drop for me.
I also forged a randomly estimated amount of weapons (both in value and amount) and got a random amount of precursors back.

Once I got a random item which i was able to list at whatever value i deemed fit.
Hope this helps with whatever your thread is trying to accomplish.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

2k hours played, 5k AP

0 drops of precursors from chests, mobs….

6 precursors from mystic toilet. (3 last month = dusk, zap, leaf of kudzu)

Never seen any drops to anyone while doing world bosses, dungeons… So those ppl that got by drops are very very very very very lucky, like meteor droping on your head when driving a car at 100kph while in a tunnel.

I made The Juggernaut and I am about 70% finished with my Sunrise for my Guardian.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

I play since game release. 7 char, 5 legendarys, about 17k achi points and I don’t even care to collect them.
All that and I never got anything valuable as a drop that is worth more then 100g. Thats how this game rewards veteran players, with big fuc…. nothing.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

12 80 characters.

I recently started playing again after 1 year off. I started at launch so I have over 3500 hours played. I’ve gotten one precursor on my first 4x exotic attempt at the forge. It was collosus which I flipped and made into Bifrost.

That being said here’s the reality of it.

Diablo 3 did a complete 180. Diablo 3 was a dead game for all intensive purposes. Want to know why it did such a drastic and remarkable turn around?

It got rid of the real money AH. Here’s the problem with real money AH’s from my perspective now that I’ve seen both sides of it via Diablo 3.

1. You must have very low drop rates to account for the combined AH’s. (LOW drop rates are not fun)

2. The prices are inflated because of whales. ( I had a guildy who worked in the medical supply industry (crook) and spent over 2000$ on gems/precursors jacking up the prices across the board)

3. Farming becomes a horrible grind because you can’t target specific items/materials. Anyone who’s played Diablo 3 knows that you can farm Ring of royal Grandeur. It may take many tries but eventually you will get the ring of royal Grandeur you’ve wanted if you just keep trying. In Gw2 farming is pointless. For awhile I even tried farming skins out of fractals/Twilight arbor hard wing, but eventually you just realize that Gw2’s drop rates are so low it’s pointless.

Removing the real world AH would go a LONG way to fixing Gw2. Funny that Blizzard did it, turned diablo 3 around in it’s tracks, yet no one seems to notice what a miracle Blizzard pulled off.

I used to hate Blizzard, now I see that Blizzard is one of the smartest companies in all of gaming. Too bad Anet seems so stuck in their ways that they can’t change or adapt. Kudo’s to Blizzard for being able to change gears. Rare among corps I have to say.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

This, and there’s no way to know what has previously been posted

Stories/anecdotes were previously posted, just as they are now.
They help people see that there are like-minded people in the crowd.

As far as everyone is aware, the whole thing about precursors “is still on the table” – which is probably dated back to months ago.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Luminarin.2301

Luminarin.2301

4500 hours of playtime

Amount of legendaries: 2 (crafted, not bought)

Amount of precursors: I got my first at 4200ish hours of playtime in SE p3 from the chest after the first boss (that digging dredge) and it was Dusk.

Most expensive item I’ve ever looted was…hm… Tequatl mini sold for 40g and the Magmaton hammer for 12g -_-

Wanna go for buying The Eternity now since doing the World Completion for the second time seems like a torture to me.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

“Precursor crafting by the end of 2013”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Are you held to the same standard of accountability for everything you say and do? Have you ever said something you thought to be true, but then for whatever reason it wasn’t? Just wondered…

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

You know what’s funny? A guildie of mine with 2500 hours played pulled, literally, 6 precursors from the forge IN A WEEK. He’s pulled 7 total in the last month (and the total of his account). No. I’m not joking.

I think John Smith wasn’t lying when he said that the RNG is on a bell curve. Some people will be extreme outliers to either side. Some, like my guildie will be EXTREMELY lucky. Some, like another guildie of mine, will be EXTREMELY unlucky. Most of us will fall somewhere in the middle.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I despise RNG on a lot of things. There’s never been any skill or need to even be much more than a monkey to pull a slot machine arm.

Gambling bores me. So, I’ll never have a legendary unless I buy one, and I think they’re all hideous, so I’ll never do that either.

I’m somewhat repelled by overly flashy this that seem to me to be simply outlandish, over there top and/or just plain flash for the sake of Moar Flash.

Some of the legendaries aren’t too eyeblastingly flashy, but thematically still often terribly silly.

I like the ascended weapons. They look rather elegant to me.

I like that far better than a My Little Point sparkle bow, a disco ball on a stick or a pistol that looks like the winner of a design contest for the gun Roger Rabbit would have shot himself with if he’d ever seen it.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Hi Rednik!

I played a random amount of hours and got a random amount of precursors drop for me.
I also forged a randomly estimated amount of weapons (both in value and amount) and got a random amount of precursors back.

Once I got a random item which i was able to list at whatever value i deemed fit.
Hope this helps with whatever your thread is trying to accomplish.

Got a laugh out of me. I’m never really sure what to do with information like this. +1

At what point do people think they deserve a precursor? I’m certainly open to the idea that there’s a problem with the current system (windfall or grind,) but all I can say to “I’ve played _ hours on _ characters and I’ve done _ and _” is…

…Okay?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: yeelowsnow.1809

yeelowsnow.1809

I started playing in November of 2014 when the game had just gone on sale.

I got Tooth of Frostfang around my 150 hour mark from 4 random rares in the mystic forge.

In that same week I had Dusk drop from a pvp box.

Coming up on 384 hours now and I just completed Twilight yesterday.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I got The Legend a year ago. Can’t even remember what dropped it.

It made my life complete.

Oh, wait, no.

I just sold it and added some spare change to the pile. Hurrah.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

9300 hours, not a single precursor. no, i’m not joking.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

I always laugh because I don’t want nor care for a precursor. My husband, on the other hand, would make a legendary if he got one.

So, naturally, it will probably be me who gets one as a drop or something. Isn’t that how it usually works? The people who don’t care/know something exists get it, meanwhile people who grind forever never even hear of it dropping.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Precursors, huh.

thefantasticg.3984

That EXTREMELY luck guildie I was talking about?

Yeah… He just pulled two Energizers and one Carcharias in 20 minutes using 250g in exotics.

He’s upto 10 precursors in a month now.

(edited by thefantasticg.3984)

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Are you held to the same standard of accountability for everything you say and do? Have you ever said something you thought to be true, but then for whatever reason it wasn’t? Just wondered…

Yes. If I screw up I’ll come clean with at least a “my bad” and some explanation.

The alternative of doing/saying nothing and hoping the problem disappears is generally not an option for me, and never so in any sort of professional relationship. Further, the more people I am accountable to, the less successful this tactic will be.

Lesson of the situation: if you’re going to hype something up you’d better deliver, and have a very good explanation and follow-up when you don’t. It’s a double edged sword.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Precursors, huh.

thefantasticg.3984

Ok. That EXTEMELY lucky guildie? Yeah. He literallly just pulled Zap.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Yes. If I screw up I’ll come clean with at least a “my bad” and some explanation.

Anet did explain. Stop complaining simply because you’re uninformed.

Also, Anet is not accountable to you, except for what they have contracted to do.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I was averaging an exotic per 100 hours of gameplay… lol
I feel like I had the worst luck in the world.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: NativeHithron.6105

NativeHithron.6105

a few weeks ago i got dawn on my first try… with rares

Precursors, huh.

Dave.2536

Also, Anet is not accountable to you, except for what they have contracted to do.

And people can reject the explanation as inadequate and/or request a follow-up, which some players (including me) felt was appropriate.

While ANet may not be accountable to me, it is certainly accountable to larger groups of players and the playerbase as a whole. ANet also is subject to and 100% responsible for things that happen as a result of positive or negative (or even lack of) publicity as a result of its words, actions, and “promises”.

But the basic premise of my point was to invalidate CMM’s analogy. ANet is not “you”, and the rest of my post was simply answering his question.

PS: your preemptive white knight-esque use of “uninformed” has been noted for future discussions.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

And people can reject the explanation as inadequate and/or request a follow-up, which some players (including me) felt was appropriate.

While ANet may not be accountable to me, it is certainly accountable to larger groups of players and the playerbase as a whole. ANet also is subject to and 100% responsible for things that happen as a result of positive or negative (or even lack of) publicity as a result of its words, actions, and “promises”.

But the basic premise of my point was to invalidate CMM’s analogy. ANet is not “you”, and the rest of my post was simply answering his question.

PS: your preemptive white knight-esque use of “uninformed” has been noted for future discussions.

I tend to agree with you but you did say you would be expected to provide, “some explanation,” which Anet did in fact provide. I am not claiming that you have done so but there have been posts claiming that Anet cancelled the feature without explanation.

Precursors, huh.

Dave.2536

I tend to agree with you but you did say you would be expected to provide, “some explanation,” which Anet did in fact provide. I am not claiming that you have done so but there have been posts claiming that Anet cancelled the feature without explanation.

I think the reason for my aggressive post (and I do not apologize for the tone at all) was because I was taken both too literally (no room left to consider the quality of the explanation) and out of context (the original post was to invalidate another poster’s analogy).

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

If you say things you don’t believe and which are untrue (indicating that Anet did nothing and hoped the problem would disappear, and that they didn’t provide any explanation), when in fact you believe something else (that Anet’s explanation was inadequate. Which is, of course, subjective), then you’ll have to roll with people calling you up on it.

Precursors, huh.

Dave.2536

Why try to quote and corner me on the one sentence (focused around me and the analogy brought up by CMM) when my summary sentence stated the situation much clearer (and focused around ANet)? I’ll repeat it for you (scroll up to see the unedited original post which includes this bit if needed):

Lesson of the situation: if you’re going to hype something up you’d better deliver, and have a very good explanation and follow-up when you don’t. It’s a double edged sword.

I think I was adequately clear about how I felt.

Feel free to nitpick things without context some more.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think that, “follow up,” is key in Dave’s point. I think the explanation was reasonable, but no development after the explanation is less so in my opinion. It has now been over a year since the time frame when Anet said that this option would, “absolutely,” be in the game.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I just bought my precursor. Why frustrate yourself? Let someone else play the RNG lottery.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Precursors, huh.

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

2 precursors dropped both were the spear gun, both worth 20 gold at the time, yea don’t complain because when one does eventually drop for you atleast its going to support a bit more then finally getting some exotic gear.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube