Preparation for the Crafting Patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

So its no secret that t6 mats are set to rise soon with the crafting update hitting possibly next week. I was wondering what exactly it is people who have already prepared for it have bought?

I grabbed around 1k Orichalcum ore since its basically used with every profession, and will most likely be used alot. I was also thinking the cheaper t6 mats, and ectos etc…

Or even the zerker stat related t6 mats in hopes they will be combined to make the new zerker ascended gear?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I’ve bought nor farmed anything for it. I couldnt even count how many people have said they are hoarding this stuff so its not like there’s going to be any great shortage of it, especially with everyone time-gated making it.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Time gated conversions of T6 materials to T7 means stockpiling is unnecessary.

Zepidel.5349

Yes but you wont be leveling 400-500 on time gated stuff

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Source?
Nobody actually knows what the process will be, its all guess work.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Yeah, it’s all speculation at this point.

It’s possible that T7 materials could be made by combining T1-T4 materials, or T2-T5 materials or a lot of T6 materials. All it said was T7 materials would be made by combining lower tier materials.

In terms of preparation, I plan to start drawing on my retirement fund.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Zepidel.5349

Source?

You will obviously be crafting lvl 400 stuff to go from 400-425 if not 450. Common sense stuff.

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Source?

You will obviously be crafting lvl 400 stuff to go from 400-425 if not 450. Common sense stuff.

Maybe the process will start like a new tier and you have to craft the new ore or material then craft the new t7 fine mats etc, maybe you wont just use 400 stuff…..

Thats the thing nobody can give a definite answer…

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

And if that stuff is also gated? If you can only craft 5 lvl400 things a day, for example……then what was the point of hoarding as it will take you and every other person doing it the same amount of time? I didnt think this was out of the realm of reality, given the crafting gating now with home instance farming and combining those.
I don’t believe we know if this is the case or not, do we?

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

And if that stuff is also gated? If you can only craft 5 lvl400 things a day, for example……then what was the point of hoarding as it will take you and every other person doing it the same amount of time? I didnt think this was out of the realm of reality, given the crafting gating now with home instance farming and combining those.

Regardless if it is gated or not, a lot more people will buy the materials needed instead of farming them, causing a spike in price.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I had a lot of tier 6 mats left over the other day. But the day before the announcement I sold a lot of it. :x lol

Personally I’m not too concerned. If I need more materials when the time comes I’ll work on collecting some or maybe buy some. But I really see no reason to hype it up right now since I’m not sure entirely what to expect.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

The only preparation I’ve done is to level up crafting on my characters to 400, something I was already planning to do in the first place but after the announcement I’m giving priority to weaponsmith (done), huntsman (done last night) and aritificing (already bought the few materials I didn’t already have, will level it up tonight).

Any other thing I need in the future, I’ll just keep grabbing and using as I play the game.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Zepidel.5349

I’m pretty sure only ascended gear will be time gated.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Go buy Quartz. No really, you need to prepare.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

T2 + T5 = T7.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I can totally see Anet time gating crafting from 400-500. That would buy them time to implement new content and keep people grinding longer. I’m gonna laugh my kitten off if T7 has very little to do with T6 as far as mats are concerned. You gonna see all these people that stockpiled sitting on tons of mats that now they gotta unload and they will all be undercutting each other.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

lol i don’t prepare for their casual monthly update. For example, why should i care about crafting an ascended weapon that is 100% time gated when i have no other content than wvw to use it in. What exactly is the difference between today or the day ascended weapons are released? You’re still doing the same boring content you’ve been doing and a higher stat, new skin and a pink inscription don’t add or improve current state of the game AT ALL. I bet they won’t even unlock lev50 fotm barrier because its not important.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think it will be like the ecto crash if every one is preparing for this you will see a big influx of raw goods that will drive the price down. That is if your trying to flip the TP now if you just going in to craft i say just get a mix of T6 T5 and lode/charges stones its already a bad time to sell these items so its best to hold off but i think its not a great idea to buy these items for an gold investment in the long run.

Other then that i think Ecto are the stander for most leveling up i guess T5 mats will be used a good bit too for ppl to level there crafting to 400? We should see a big rise in ppl crafting soon i think i may start to level up at least my WS crafting.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: zaybug.9284

zaybug.9284

This.. lol. I just sold 12500 quartz for 1.36. Bought at .35

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

Anyone wanting to make some g, probably should start harvesting. Because once that update hits, people will be crafting like crazy, and not just going from T6 > T7 but those who lagged behind and never got to 400, new players, and those with alts they want to level crafting on.

So, stockpile and put it on the market, because you know people are going to be buy the crap out of some mats.

It’d also be adventageous to spend the beginning of the update harvesting and selling mats before working on your own. Since the demand will taper off rather quickly.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

You’re also forgetting that a dev has stated that some of the crafting mats will be retrievable from the jumping puzzles.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This.. lol. I just sold 12500 quartz for 1.36. Bought at .35

joke will be on you next week when its 20s lol

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

I think I’m going to save all bags I get from pve/wvw in the hope that it will contain new items next week.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Time gated conversions of T6 materials to T7 means stockpiling is unnecessary.

I think you’ll see time gating for the ascended items and precursors. Getting from 400 to 500 though, I imagine you’ll need a whole lot of orichalcum and t6 mats.

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Yeah, it’s all speculation at this point.

It’s possible that T7 materials could be made by combining T1-T4 materials, or T2-T5 materials or a lot of T6 materials. All it said was T7 materials would be made by combining lower tier materials.

In terms of preparation, I plan to start drawing on my retirement fund.

oh god, if it doesnt use T6, imagine the crash hahahaha