Prepurchase bonuses if buying from GameStop?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

Quick question to anyone here who might know!

If I purchase PoF from GameStop, will the prepurchase bonuses be included (skin/minipet/title)? Or is this only if you buy through Anet?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Pre-purchase bonus is from buying directly from Anet. It’s just like how different vendors have different pre-order bonuses for buying through them.

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

Gamestop doesn’t give you a code until the day of release which I blame Anet. If you fully pay for the game ahead of time you won’t get a code that says you bought it so you won’t get the pre-own bonus.

(edited by Cyprien.4208)

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Gamestop doesn’t give you a code until the day of release which I blame Anet. If you fully pay for the game ahead of time you won’t get a code that says you bought it so you won’t get the pre-own bonus.

I got the Deluxe Edition and it will Includes:

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
Max-Level Boost
Spearmarshal’s Presence
Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
Additional Character Slot
Identity Repair Kit

Deluxe Edition from game stop you will get the bonus just like you would if you buy it from anet !!!

but the Ultimate edition is not being sold by game stop at all !!!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-deluxe-edition/151918

the only things you do not get from it even tho you will get the other stuff as well as the game itself

these are the only things you will not get from getting the Deluxe from game stop

Pre-purchase before launch and receive one Sunspear Weapon Skin of your choice, a Miniature Balthazar, and the title of Elonian Envoy.

but the rest of them you will get .

no new system upgrades coming

(edited by WARIORSCHARGEING.2637)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

this INCORRECT information !! as I got the Deluxe Edition and it will Includes:

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
Max-Level Boost
Spearmarshal’s Presence
Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
Additional Character Slot
Identity Repair Kit

Deluxe Edition from game stop you will get the bonus just like you would if you buy it from anet !!!

but the Ultimate edition is not being sold by game stop at all !!!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-deluxe-edition/151918

Pre-purchase bonus != Deluxe items

Pre-purchase before launch and receive one Sunspear Weapon Skin of your choice, a Miniature Balthazar, and the title of Elonian Envoy.

Posted by: Hitlit.7630

Hitlit.7630

@Warriorschargeing
That’s not what they were asking about. The question was whether you would get the preorder bonuses i.e. Sunspear Weapon Skin of your choice, a Miniature Balthazar, and the title of Elonian Envoy. Not whether you would get the deluxe bonus items. If Gamestop is doing it the same way as other retailers, then prepurchasing from them doesn’t count as a preorder. And considering that retailers like Gamestop take a cut of the profit, the preorder bonuses are an incentive to buy directly from Anet.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Pre-purchasing was exclusively available through ArenaNet, since PoF could only be purchased through buy.guildwars2.com. But now DLGamer for example has the pre-purchase listed, so ArenaNet must have finally opened it. GameStop should also be a pre-purchase, considering they’re not listing it as a pre-order and says it’s available now, so they must give you a key.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i need to get some more cheese with my wine these days. the salt would go better with it maybe i should try some blue cheese with it this time . but at least having a second choice to get the game is better than none at all . oh well

Attachments:

Posted by: nezereth.4132

nezereth.4132

Figured I would give my experience: I just bought Path of Fire standard edition through Gamestop.com and now under my account there it has listed it was prepurchased but won’t get the code until 5:00 AM on September 22. So maybe if I do get the code then and can enter it before ANet officially releases the expansion I’ll get the prepurchase rewards but otherwise it doesn’t look like it, especially since that may be when they plan to start the update.