Presence Status

Presence Status

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anasummers.8493

anasummers.8493

All I want is to suggest an upgraded presence system where I can hide offline while still being able to see and participate in guild chat. Or maybe have an option where only people on my friends list can whisper me?

I just do things.

Presence Status

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

And why exactly do you need this feature?

Presence Status

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The reason it keeps being deleted is because he wants to stop getting gold spammers. However I think it is a feature that should be added regardless. And I think the OP is only getting infractions based on people false reporting because this is a totally valid suggestion.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Presence Status

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Only shown as online for the represented guild might be an option. Yeah, why not.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Presence Status

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

sounds like a great suggestion. i don’t see why there’s anything wrong with this… new status, “Online for Represented Guild” or “Offline Outside Guild”

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Presence Status

Posted by: Panzer.3162

Panzer.3162

It honestly feels as if this should have been implemented since the first round of the suggested problem with the obvious spam whispers. Sure reporting and blocking is nice and all but when you have an over abundance of spam bots you think they might just i don’t know, step up their game?

Presence Status

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

And why exactly do you need this feature?

Two words…Gold Sellers!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Presence Status

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Out of honesty I think this should be an option anyway. The ability to whisper to strangers is too OP, it needs a nerf.

Presence Status

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

We wanted to clarify for some of the comments. The suggestion is perfectly acceptable, like all others. We do not remove suggestions as they do not violate the Forum Code of Conduct.

That being said, discussions of gold selling are not allowed, nor creating posts to dispute moderation. Those topics will get threads removed and/or closed.

We hope this makes our processes more clear.

Presence Status

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I absolutely second this! We had “Do not disturb” status in Gw1, I really don’t see why we can’t have it back. What if I am doing something and I don’t want anyone to annoy me with requests to join here and there, but still want to be able to see what’s going on in my guild?

\||||||/
O°v°O

Presence Status

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

The problem is, discussions of how to solve problems that gold selling creates, that don’t discuss gold selling itself, are also getting deleted. When it comes to blocking whispers from unwanted parties, that’s a suggestion that’s valid for a whole lot of reasons beyond just RARRRR GOLD SELLERS BAD. It’s actually a sensible feature that would allow players some means to mitigate an annoyance without having to defer the problem to ArenaNet.

Presence Status

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I think I read someplace way back when, before the game was launched that there was going to be an iPhone app that would have this. Also maps and other other interactive features to the game. But it never happened a better solution would be to join a guild with TS3 or Ventrilo there are smart phone apps for these and you can even talk to your guildies when out and about.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Presence Status

Posted by: cagiepoo.8162

cagiepoo.8162

@ CC Danica (Community Coordinator)

Maybe you could bring this problem up in one of your live broadcasts via twitch/youtube and help us try and resolve this problem. There are a lot of disgruntled players that are just fed up with the way chat is and the fact that we have had no indication that this problem is being investigated. Many are hoping something will be implemented soon. Reassurance goes a long way.

Fortitudinem et honorem

[iQ] Intrinsic Quality

Presence Status

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Hi Danicia! I agree with Cagie’s post, but I just wanted to say thanks for dropping by our threads to help clarify information. It makes us all more reassured when we know someone is listening.

Presence Status

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

We wanted to clarify for some of the comments. The suggestion is perfectly acceptable, like all others. We do not remove suggestions as they do not violate the Forum Code of Conduct.

That being said, discussions of gold selling are not allowed, nor creating posts to dispute moderation. Those topics will get threads removed and/or closed.

Your claim is completely in accurate, since discussions about gold sellers are mostly suggestions on what to do about them. These are suggestions being deleted. You clearly are not hiding the fact that gold sellers exist from people by deleting discussions about them. Every player in your game has been spammed by them, you should only be deleting posts from gold sellers advertising their site. Deleting posts about people making suggestions on how to deal with them is down right evil.

Presence Status

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

What if we instead just talk about “annoying persons” that send us whispers we don’t want to see ? Is only the G***S***** word the problem, since all these threads in the end just are discussions about suggestions how to improve the chat so you don’t have to see whispers from annoying persons, and not really about the gold selling.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Presence Status

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’d like this as an option, to help avoid being harassed by Account-Surfing Spammers.

Presence Status

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I like this idea. I’d only really want a whisper from guildies.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Presence Status

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

It feels like perhaps you’re not really reading the posts? You have members of this community that want to try to give suggestion on how to solve a problem, not talk about to propogate and encourage the spread of said problem.

Presence Status

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

I like this idea. I’d only really want a whisper from guildies.

Well This is a bad idea currently, since whisper chat is the only way to communicate with players who have an other language version set in the client atm. (since mega server update + filter that is on by default)

i turned that filter straight off and since then i have seen so many /say questions passing by about where poi’s are for example, guilds requesting to join on in on the mission/puzzle or just greetings that i would have missed. The only way now to react to them is to whisper them since /say and /map are behind the filter (which most have on by default)

And who does not remember players who continue killing boss blitz champs while you ask in /map to wait for the rest, well some just do not know it and do not see the chat due to filter. When i then whisper them and ask to stop so they know and usually listen.

Atm it looks a lot of other players are just ignoring you or are not listening, but in the EU, the chat filter is also to blame there. Being able to whisper everyone is the only way to communicate to them. please do not shut that off before there is a good solution for this problem. I agree those whispers from gold sellers are really annoying but this needs a better solution.

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Presence Status

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So basically tiers of communications allowance, such as Public (all), Guild (guild and friends list only) and Apples (only friends list, most secretive).

#TeamJadeQuarry

Presence Status

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Atm it looks a lot of other players are just ignoring you or are not listening, but in the EU, the chat filter is also to blame there. Being able to whisper everyone is the only way to communicate to them. please do not shut that off before there is a good solution for this problem. I agree those whispers from gold sellers are really annoying but this needs a better solution.

I agree there’s more work to do done on chat, but that’s somewhat separate to this suggestion. Having a ‘visible to guild’ option seems a good idea, as does finding a better solution to EU language/chat filters.

Presence Status

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i would love a presence staus for:

• chat only friendlist, Guild, party
  • mail only from friendlist,guild, party or Tradepost/gemshop

Presence Status

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure there is a problem with /whisper chat except for one group of people. If said group of people can not /whisper, won’t they just go back to /map chat or /say chat or mail?

If so, what would be the purpose of this development time and effort?

Presence Status

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m not sure there is a problem with /whisper chat except for one group of people. If said group of people can not /whisper, won’t they just go back to /map chat or /say chat or mail?

If so, what would be the purpose of this development time and effort?

Point is, if we can be offline and talk in /guild in order to avoid… those people, players would be happier. That’s the purpose. Player happiness. We can shut up /map and /whisper but without whisper friends can’t get a hold of you. So being offline to everyone but friends and guild members would be a way to be isolated but not alone. Which would be nice for a lot of people.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Presence Status

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

NOT removing guild chat everytime you log to another character and removing chat from people on your ignore list would also help me, since i relog a lot and what often happens is the following :

Get a big annoying whisper .. put that person onto ignore, but still see that big pink text, after a while maybe its get invisible when people in the guild post something.

Now log to another character .. BANG .. big annoying text of person you put on ignore is back in your chat window because guild chat was removed, but you still see all that from ignored persons.

A few days ago i already whispered “TEST” to myself 5-6 times, to get finally rid of that.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Presence Status

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

The reason it keeps being deleted is because he wants to stop getting gold spammers. However I think it is a feature that should be added regardless. And I think the OP is only getting infractions based on people false reporting because this is a totally valid suggestion.

The infraction system on GW2 forums is a joke nevertheless. Abused by random haters on the forums all the time.

I agree, though, it’s a valid suggestion.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

(edited by Corpus Christi.2057)

Presence Status

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

As was stated above, disputing moderation and discussions of gold selling, in-game abuse, hacking, exploiting, and the like are not allowed on the forums. If you feel a player is abusive in-game, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue and take any appropriate action.

As such, this thread is now closed.