Price of Moldy Bags

Price of Moldy Bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NixiPixi.8320

NixiPixi.8320

Why are moldy bags so expensive? Currently 89s on the TP. Looking at wiki, they don’t have anything special?

Contains:
80% chance of 3-5 Copper coin
One of the following:
Bone
Claw
Cotton Scrap
Fang
Linen Scrap
Pile of Filthy Essence
Pile of Foul Essence
Pile of Radiant Dust
Rugged Leather Section
Scale
Totem
Venom Sac
Vial of Blood

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It contains items that are high in demand but hard to get naturally, especially on high-level characters.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Moldy Bags apparently don’t drop very often, so the price is based most likely on old listings that are no longer relevant.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

There are very few undead in that level range to drop them. There’s no profit at all in opening them, they’re expensive because of that rarity and…that’s it.

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Its because of GW2’s level-based loot. The higher level you become, the harder it is to get lower-level loot. While you can get some drops of a lower level while downlevelled, it is extremely difficult to get a sizeable amount compared to max-level loot.

For example ,look at the price of Silver Doubloons. They’ve always been like that, because they’re required by Juggernaught but drop mostly to newbies. They have very little intrinsic value (anyone wanting boon duration will be using Platinum Doubloons), yet they are one of the most profitable items in the game.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Is this a P&D thread? One always wonders when there’s an economic question posted.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Is this a P&D thread? One always wonders when there’s an economic question posted.

P&D?
Not sure what you mean by that…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

P&D?

Pump and Dump

It’s a trick used by schemers to run up the price of something by suggesting it is valuable in order to move their own stock at an elevated price.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Price of Moldy Bags

pdavis.8031

P&D?

Pump and Dump

It’s a trick used by schemers to run up the price of something by suggesting it is valuable in order to move their own stock at an elevated price.

Aaaah gotcha.

It could be, but as high priced as they are, I am not sure there is much of a market for it. T3 mats are a bit more difficult to come by, but there are other ways to get them aside from moldy bags that are easier to aquire.
You’d be better off going for Miner’s sacks from Dredge. Those things drop like flies, and contain more profitable items.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Miner%27s_Sack

recognize my command!”

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That’s because it’s a lot harder to get those materials at lvl 80.

Price of Moldy Bags

pdavis.8031

Not really. The many other bags that drop the same tier of loot can be found in abundance in the level appropriate zones. With the bags it doesn’t matter the level you open them at. 1, or 80, you’ll still get the same tier of materials.

recognize my command!”

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Not sure, but howabout that SEAWEED? It is the future!

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Not really. The many other bags that drop the same tier of loot can be found in abundance in the level appropriate zones. With the bags it doesn’t matter the level you open them at. 1, or 80, you’ll still get the same tier of materials.

Yes, but the chances of an 80 being in those zones is much less.

Price of Moldy Bags

pdavis.8031

Yes, but the chances of an 80 being in those zones is much less.

Well then, of course it’s going to be harder for a lvl 80 to get lower tier mats. If you aren’t playing in the areas where they are granted, you can’t really expect to get them can you?

recognize my command!”

Price of Moldy Bags

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Yes, they’re hard to get, but that shouldn’t give them higher value unopened than the highest possible value of opening them. Near as I can tell, there’s literally no way to buy one and not lose a lot of money.