Price of Superior Sigil of Mischief

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jubilant.7280

Jubilant.7280

This is my opinion and a bit of venting.

I feel like I have been cheated out for these Sigils. I need 50 of them to complete my Wintersday Presence but on the day Wintersday was released, I was expecting these Gifts to drop them. Since they were still at 1g each, I hoped that they would decrease, but since then it’s skyrocketed to 6-7g each. I’m not going to spend 300-400g on 50 of these Sigils that are solely used for the Wintersday Presence when everything else hasn’t. Especially with the inflation of Mystic Coins, I’m baffled and have started developing a bit of hate for the game (and myself) for not being able to catch that opportunity to finish a rare shoulder skin when I could have.

P.S. I hate you GW2 traders.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Solution – Don’t buy the sigils now. You have a few options. Put in the buy order for the price you want to pay and wait for the price to go down and they get filled. Or you can wait for a new source of these sigils to be introduced (which probably won’t happen until next year at the earliest, if ever) and gather them yourself

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

I got burnt too so I feel your pain. My new year resolution: not to buy anything from ANET in 2017. Yip a whole year this game wont be getting any money from me. Which is actually easier than it sounds since I play mainly wvw anyway and yeah much frustrations what else can I say.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Solution – Don’t buy the sigils now. You have a few options. Put in the buy order for the price you want to pay and wait for the price to go down and they get filled. Or you can wait for a new source of these sigils to be introduced (which probably won’t happen until next year at the earliest, if ever) and gather them yourself

What definately will happen is that as soon as wintersday is over, even the last source of the sigils will disappear because you wont be able to buy the minor sigils of the Charity Corps Seraph anymore, so forging superior sigils can only be done with the current supply of the major and minor ones. The 640 major sigils that are still listed will make 160 more superior ones and the 36k minor sigils are enough to craft another 1600 exotic sigils.

And the 28k minor sigils listed at 104 copper atm are all my listings and I might relist them for a couple of silver, if I feel like it.

Usually I would also assume that the prices of the runes and sigils will crash after wintersday, just like last year. However, there are some differences compared to last year.

Because a year ago, people werent sure, wether the skin could still be crafted after wintersday until Anet confirmed this later during wintersday. So my guess is that most players needing the runes and sigils bought it very early on during wintersday as their price of 30s wasnt really an issue for most and the 10k drinks were the big problem that slowed peoples progress way into 2016.

If you have a look at the drink prices over the last year, you will see that their price gradually increased between wintersday 15 to 16.

But now the tables are turned and most people wont have as much problems to get the drinks but the sigils before wintersday is over. So I am not sure, wether we will see a similar crash of sigil prices as we have seen last year.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

I got burnt too so I feel your pain. My new year resolution: not to buy anything from ANET in 2017. Yip a whole year this game wont be getting any money from me. Which is actually easier than it sounds since I play mainly wvw anyway and yeah much frustrations what else can I say.

Yep, this is what I am going with too. I was thinking about it already because they basically just phoned in halloween. This was entirely predictable on their part, and seals it for me.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol wow. these were for coppers per. someone got filthy rich.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Shame on Anet. They changed the way to get those sigils just to prolong the process to get this skin in order to keep players in the game even longer. Imo it’s a dishonest way and a big middle finger to all those who started already in 2015 and now getting kittened in 2016.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

OriOri.8724

Shame on Anet. They changed the way to get those sigils just to prolong the process to get this skin in order to keep players in the game even longer. Imo it’s a dishonest way and a big middle finger to all those who started already in 2015 and now getting kittened in 2016.

No, they changed the way to get them to drain the glut on the market. Another case of ANet overreacting to the economy. Instead of just lowering the incoming supply they removed it completely.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No, they changed the way to get them to drain the glut on the market. Another case of ANet overreacting to the economy. Instead of just lowering the incoming supply they removed it completely.

To be fair, the only direct faucets of superior runes and sigils that were left Wintersday 2015, were the personalized wintersday gifts. in 2014, they also dropped directly from the Giant Wintersday Gifts, the Cold Weather Conqueror Kits/selection and the pvp reward track. Those faucets got turned off 13 months ago already.

If the decision to make the minor sigils from the festival vendor the only faucet for the superior ones (through upgrading in the forge) was a conscious one and not an oversight, I think it says alot about Anets intention of what they want to do with mystic coins.

Off course its hard to say, how much sigils have actually been consumed this wintersday, for the skin or the star of gratitude. But to give you some perspective: I sold around 18k superior sigils this wintersday, which would take 360k mystic coins to forge, if it wasnt covered by old supply from 2 years ago. Thats 20 times the supply of mystic coins on the tp atm.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

OriOri.8724

But at least 2015 had a source, even if it was limited. That source had to be intentionally removed between 2015 and 2016, and the only reason I can see ANet having for doing that is because they decided there were too many sigils/runes on the market.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

It would be nice if we could get this one from forging random major runes.

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Once the major sigils run out (which will happen with just 3-4 more people buying the amount for a set), the best part is Sup Sigil value is closer to ~17.8g each to craft from minors on up so they will be selling for over 20g each after Wintersday.

The sub 10g Sup Sigils are a “bargain”.

Posted by: JoeBob Riggs.9136

JoeBob Riggs.9136

I kind of figured the supply would massively outstrip the demand. I bought a butt load of them the first couple of days and made a hefty profit. I should have kept them but I helped out some guildies instead of selling them all.