Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OzK.7189

OzK.7189

I really wish they would have adjusted the karma and crafting costs for 1h vs 2h weapons.

For the level 80 karma weapons they cost a flat 63,000 karma.
Example: Greatsword = 63,000 karma. 2x daggers = 126,000 karma.

For crafting see http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_forge/Mystic_Weapons

My main concern here is that the eldritch scroll used for 1h and 2h weapons is the same 50 skill point cost. If they could add in a separate scroll with a lower cost for the 1h weapons or increase the cost of the 2h weapons it would be more balanced.

These are just a couple examples in the game where it’s pretty obvious that if you want to save time/money you should stick with 2h weapons. In my opinion they should work to bring these more in line in terms of crafting costs or karma costs.

(edited by OzK.7189)

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Might want to change your topic from ‘duel’ to dual. So you are saying that 1 handed weapons and shields cost the same 63k karma right?

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

OzK.7189

Oops, fixed.

Yes all t3 cultural weapons cost 63k karma regardless if they are 1h or 2h weapons.

(edited by OzK.7189)

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah noticed this as well.

If you dual wield any weapons, you are paying double than if you were using a two-handed weapon.

I really hope they fix this, as this is rather unfair.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

They’re prestige skins. Dual wielding means you are getting twice the amount of prestige weapons to show off.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: ZeroGravitySE.4081

ZeroGravitySE.4081

+1 Some balance needs to happen. Grinding for things not that much better isn’t fun.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Saolite.4782

Saolite.4782

On top of the fact you’re getting “double the prestige” to show off, dual weapons can be exceedingly more powerful depending on how you trait and, the big one – the sigils.

Two sigils, as opposed to one, can make a massive difference.

Add in that Magic Find sets ( despite many people not using it ) benefit more from dual wielding, it’s another ‘nudge’ in the direction that two weapons should inherently cost more than a single two handed one.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

OzK.7189

I never asked for them to cut them down to half the cost of a 2h weapon. I’d be happy with paying 2/3 the cost of the 2h weapons so for the karma ones maybe 42,000 instead of 63k.

Would still be 84k for both weapons combined, but a lot more reasonable than the 126k.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Ketill.5218

Ketill.5218

On top of the fact you’re getting “double the prestige” to show off, dual weapons can be exceedingly more powerful depending on how you trait and, the big one – the sigils.

Two sigils, as opposed to one, can make a massive difference.

Add in that Magic Find sets ( despite many people not using it ) benefit more from dual wielding, it’s another ‘nudge’ in the direction that two weapons should inherently cost more than a single two handed one.

Then that’s a balancing issue that needs to be looked at (and should not influence weapon prices). Two weapons shouldn’t cost more because they’re “better” or you’ve basically got a situation where 2H becomes less viable regardless of its comparable cost.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

They’re prestige skins. Dual wielding means you are getting twice the amount of prestige weapons to show off.

But on the other hand, two-handed weapons are larger and more noticeable. Glitch, my Asura’s knives aren’t even visible out of combat because they are completely hidden in his coat.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

But on the other hand, two-handed weapons are larger and more noticeable. Glitch, my Asura’s knives aren’t even visible out of combat because they are completely hidden in his coat.

Maybe they need to start charging by the polygon then.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Ziggurat.8261

Ziggurat.8261

yes…it’s a little silly that 1h and 2h weapons cost the same mats as well as price in karma/gold.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

And then you have to also consider that El and Engi get away with only one weapon set. So they should pay more, doncha think? Riffing on the 2/3 above, have them pay 150% on karma weapons.

Yep.

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

I agree with this, a 1H weapon regardless of source should be have half the cost/mats of a 2H weapon.

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Prices, 2h vs Dual Wield

Posted by: Manifoldgodhead.2356

Manifoldgodhead.2356

Yep, one-hand shoudl be half the price. I don’t understand why it is not. Its one more slot dual-wielders have to purchase.