My opinion: prices/drop rate of precursors are absurd

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: payne max.8253

payne max.8253

Hi to all.

First of all I want to say sorry for my bad English, I think you get the point of what I want to say.

I play GW/GW2 from the first day my goal was to get a legendary weapon , I check the prices for the precursor weapons “the legend” and I say ok it’s too soon and they prices go down.

Today and after from 4 hours and 8 hours(in weekends) PER DAY of non-stopping farming gold/materials/dungeons I am one step before the “BIFROST” I just need 330 budges from wvw and the precursor “the legend”.
Unfortunately after endless farm events (chest), mystic forge 4 rare/exotic staffs I wasn’t lucky to get one.
So after many months I check the price in TP to see how much worth today and OMG 500G and only 1 quantity????
I farm daily about 5g that means I need 3 months more to buy the precursor. I don’t expect to drop the specific weapon that I need from chest/mystic forge plus that I don’t have the money to buy exotics/rares to use them in mystic forge.
And I don’t want to hear cheap excuses “dude this is legendary you must farm 7 months(in my case) to get one” its allrdy extremely hard without the precursor. If someone play less hours then me he will need 1 year+ ! ! ! ! !
For real guys this is sick, I was hoped that you didn’t do the same economy mistakes (of any kind) like GW1, but seems that history doesn’t teach you anything.

I don’t have a request or suggestions , I think you are smart people and all of these happened for a reason but I can say this for sure……ITS NOT FOR THE GOOD OF PLAYERS ! ! ! (I guess the other players they understand what I mean)

Have a nice day ! ! ! !

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Problem runs much deeper than what you described. It had been discussed in numerous topics before. You just haven`t posted anything new, is all.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I’ve been playing since BWE 1, have logged 800+ hours into the game and I have not seen more than 5-8 exotic drops, 10-15 rare drops, and the precursor I got from the Karka final event fiasco and even than it was a worthless underwater precursor valued at less than 10g.

So yes I agree completely with the drop rate and precursor prices being outrages also the 2 elephants in the room namely the stupid RNG and MF

Less RNG less MF crap would be nice !

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

situation 1:
precursors are needed for a skin= meh

situation 2:
precursors are part of the top tier item= we have a problem

when the game was released, it was just a skin

Now it have been stated that precursors will be needed for top tier items.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

topics about precursors have existed for a long time, mainly in the Crafting section.
it’s an issue that was being looked into but you can bet you wont be getting that precursor with gold anytime soon.

Posted by: sinisterpink.7912

sinisterpink.7912

Yeah sorry but I am comfortable with the rarity and the price of pre-cursors.
Legendaries should be… well… Legendary – such that they are extremely difficult to obtain (in terms of time/resources, not through skill).

Imagine if they were made easier to get: within a few weeks you may find yourself in a CoE party with 4 players ALL wielding TWILIGHT, swooshing their black trail animations around all over the place. Or in Cursed Shore: half of the people camping Penitent Camp shooting flowers and colorful splashes everywhere with their bows.

It’s a terrible thought, I wouldn’t want to have my legendary (if I had one) diminished by the fact that most other farmers had one.

Quest for 100 level 80 characters: 25% Completed…

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Legendaries should be… well… Legendary – such that they are extremely difficult to obtain (in terms of time/resources, not through skill).

Imagine if they were made easier to get: within a few weeks you may find yourself in a CoE party with 4 players ALL wielding TWILIGHT, swooshing their black trail animations around all over the place. Or in Cursed Shore: half of the people camping Penitent Camp shooting flowers and colorful splashes everywhere with their bows.

It’s a terrible thought, I wouldn’t want to have my legendary (if I had one) diminished by the fact that most other farmers had one.

this made sense only pre karka event….
Now that we know that more tiers and levels will be introduced, thus legendaries will be superior to any other tier (because it will be upgraded)….well they should be easy to obtain.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I do not think their are many players left that attempt to mystic forge a precursor. I remember A-net saying something about increase the chances of you getting one from the mystic forge. Still A-net stated that they are putting in a scavenger hunt for precursors. It will probably happen around the time ascended weapons are put into the game.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

There’s nothing Legendary about sitting at home playing a video game for 1000 hours straight. It just means you’re unemployed and have no life.

If you buy one for gold, then you are an idiot with more money than sense. Even at Chinese gold seller prices a twilight costs $3000. If you waste that much money on pixels in a video game you are a loser.

I propose a name change from “Legendary” to “Loser” weapons.

This happens right now. Those farming spots are frequented by exactly these losers waving their loser weapons around. After Xmas is over, go to Orr and play count the Legendaries.

(edited by Chamone.6890)

Posted by: arty.1986

arty.1986

Considering the bits n pieces (and precursors) needs for the legendary Its just a waste of time imo just for a graphic/animation on the weapon. Alot of the ones that got their legendaries quickly I bet were botters (not saying all, just some). Take the Twilight on TP atm, I mean who would go through all the rigor of putting one together only to put it on the TP for a ridiculous price? I’m betting botters/gold farmer as the list price is like 315G. But anyhoo, I feel they arent worth the time and effort, maybe when they do put in the scavenger hunt it will make it a bit easier to actually get a precursor, but for the time being why bother.

80 Ranger / 80 Thief / 80 Ele
Piken Square Server The Axis of Evil [AXE] Guild Leader (and NO 1986 is NOT my birthdate!!!!!)

Posted by: sinisterpink.7912

sinisterpink.7912

There’s nothing Legendary about sitting at home playing a video game for 1000 hours straight. It just means you’re unemployed and have no life.

If you buy one for gold, then you are an idiot with more money than sense. Even at Chinese gold seller prices a twilight costs $3000. If you waste that much money on pixels in a video game you are a loser.

This happens right now. Those farming spots are frequented by exactly these losers waving their loser weapons around. After Xmas is over, go to Orr and play count the Legendaries.

You misinterpret what I said and miss the point.

Legendaries are skins, the rarest skins to exist in the game and are awarded to the most dedicated of players. The current resource requirement separates the casual players from the most dedicated of players who are trying to get it. By legendary I mean “really friggin rare”, and it should remain that way. You said you can already see a problem with there being an over saturation of legendary users: do you really want to see that “issue” get worse through lowering the barriers to acquisition?

Legendaries will be on par with the highest tier in the game. They are not going to be BiS, ascended will be and Anet already stated they will be easier to get next year as more and more methods to get them will be introduced. Ascended weapon stats will be the best, and Legendaries will be equal to them (according to Anet). Players who are desperately grinding for Legendaries now because they believe it is BiS will get a rude shock when BiS-easytoget ascended weapons are released in the future.

It seems that people who read Chris’s AMA cherry picked the negative stuff from it to dwell on, but completely forget all the finer points of Anets plan for releasing ascended gear next year.

Quest for 100 level 80 characters: 25% Completed…

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

^this guy is onto something here… reminds me of the southpark episode where they play guitar hero get max score and game tells them they are losers or something for doing it.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

do what i do. forget legendaries are even in this game. let anet add a dungeon that has all the precursors as a possible drop/chest item and then bother with legendary weps. right now they’re a joke.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Please, if gold means something to you, don’t place a buy-it-now bid.

Rather do the smart thing and place buy order at a price you think is good, and work the community. If I had one and knew you wanted it, I’d happily sell for lower and skip the 15% TP commission.