Primordus Weapons Collection: coming soon ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lilandrea.7109

Lilandrea.7109

Seriously ? You give us the opportunity to unlock this collection and it’s not achievable yet ?

I just finished crafting them all, and there’s one small, cute, interrogation mark needed to complete it, saying “Trophy, account bound. Coming Soon.”

Not. Happy.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

So those of you that rushed to get the materials ready to make all the Primordus weapons and to finish the final Seis Burnheart scavenger event will now realise you need a final item to finish the collection. Only that final item is not in game and probably won’t be until the next living world installment.

It’s legendary armour all over again. I kinda just wish they made it a gemstore item now.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I don’t see any issue with having to wait til the end of an event or storyline or quest to get the final piece to craft or unlock something.

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

I don’t see any issue with having to wait til the end of an event or storyline or quest to get the final piece to craft or unlock something.

I can agree with that, BUT at least we should have been needed to return to that NPC when we were finished with the collection, and have text saying that we need one more piece to finish the item. Not having that kinda felt a bit crapy.

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Another Ad Calendas Graecas.

That time gate within time gate though, I we could see it so I never bothered with that collection until it’s no longer alpha.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

So basically, the event should have been padded out longer, like 6 days per location.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I am very disappointed with this.
Also why does it only give 3 AP to do the collection? Should be at least 10

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

CMM.6712

I can agree with that, BUT at least we should have been needed to return to that NPC when we were finished with the collection, and have text saying that we need one more piece to finish the item. Not having that kinda felt a bit crapy.

I hadn’t heard about that, not being notified is kinda lame when people are expecting something and waiting for it.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They finally put the item into the game as an acquirable skin after years, as an ascended item no less, and people are complaining they have to wait a couple more weeks? Heh.

I don’t see the issue. Those who rushed to get all the skins will still get the item as soon as the final component is made available. Its not as though their work is suddenly for naught. And its not like Anet ever said that all you’d need is the Primordous skins, that was just people making assumptions. And you know what they say about that assumption thing.

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

I hadn’t heard about that, not being notified is kinda lame when people are expecting something and waiting for it.

Sorry I ment to say I wish the NPC had text telling us that we need to find a final piece to make the scythe sorry for the confusion

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

CMM.6712

Sorry I ment to say I wish the NPC had text telling us that we need to find a final piece to make the scythe sorry for the confusion

No worries, I did the first 2 parts of the quests, but haven’t had much game time to continue on in it.

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

They finally put the item into the game as an acquirable skin after years, as an ascended item no less, and people are complaining they have to wait a couple more weeks? Heh.

I don’t see the issue. Those who rushed to get all the skins will still get the item as soon as the final component is made available. Its not as though their work is suddenly for naught. And its not like Anet ever said that all you’d need is the Primordous skins, that was just people making assumptions. And you know what they say about that assumption thing.

Cringe.

The complaint is there is a time gate within a time gated achievement. Why making an achievement chain with Seis Burnheart 1 month long which would lead players to another “coming soon”? Why not just make the starting achievement more accessible and put work-in-progress items right up? It only leads to TP flipping and speculations.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe the Devs expected Episode Two to drop this week when creating the ‘quest’.

Oh, well, sometimes things aren’t just as desired.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not sure why anyone thought that the collection could be completed as easily as just crafting all the primordus weapons on the same day as Seis’ last quest.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Malediktus.3740

Its a typical Anet.
It also only gives 3 AP. Something like this should give at least 10 if not 20 AP.

Malediktus.3740

I’m not sure why anyone thought that the collection could be completed as easily as just crafting all the primordus weapons on the same day as Seis’ last quest.

Most people would say that crafting 18 exotic weapons needing a minimum of 420 destroyer lodestone would be enough effort for an ugly ascended staff and 3 AP collection.
The only reason people want this Destroyer Scythe so badly is, because it was unavailable for 4 years and not because it is an outstanding skin.

Malediktus.3740

You can unlock it in one session of play, maybe an hr or less of play.
No big deal.
http://dulfy.net/2016/08/23/gw2-tremors-current-events-achievements-guide/

I needed over an hour for Southsun alone because I could not find the last 2 targets and had to start over twice. Overall this “Primordus Go” was a pretty frustrating experience.
Why did the sensor buff even have a 30min timer?

EDIT: looks like the post I quoted got deleted

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Lahmia.2193

I would have been fine had they actually stated, upon release of the Seis event, that we could not get the destroyer scythe skin until the release of the new chapter. But the unknown time gate within an already time gated event was just a slap in the face.

Posted by: Lilandrea.7109

Lilandrea.7109

Yes it got deleted probably because it was beside the point. I’ll make it clearer with a screen of my current collection.

Attachments:

Malediktus.3740

One thing I (and probably others too) noticed is that it says collect all 20 weapons skins, which either hints for a new primordus themed skin coming or even a whole new weapon type.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

No big deal.

I needed over an hour for Southsun alone because I could not find the last 2 targets and had to start over twice. Overall this “Primordus Go” was a pretty frustrating experience.
Why did the sensor buff even have a 30min timer?

EDIT: looks like the post I quoted got deleted

Sorry deleted when editing.

No big deal.

BTW, just finished the cove in less than 10 minutes, even with all the areas being contested. Ya it is bad that we have to wait until the next update on the 20th, but by now we all know that Anet continues to add time gates to the game and I am sure they are aware it frustrates some players.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Its a typical Anet.
It also only gives 3 AP. Something like this should give at least 10 if not 20 AP.

Nearly all achievements since HoT give very little AP. You can see the trend if you look through older achievements and the ones you get from HoT (and those added after).

Malediktus.3740

Its a typical Anet.

Nearly all achievements since HoT give very little AP. You can see the trend if you look through older achievements and the ones you get from HoT (and those added after).

I am aware of it. And its a stupid trend considering the backpacks are at 39/42k AP and we seem to get less than 2k AP per year. So even the top achievers like me will need many more years to get there.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Seriously ? You give us the opportunity to unlock this collection and it’s not achievable yet ?

I just finished crafting them all, and there’s one small, cute, interrogation mark needed to complete it, saying “Trophy, account bound. Coming Soon.”

Not. Happy.

The entire event progressed a little at a time. Not sure why waiting to get the last bit is a surprise.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: MarkyMark.7615

MarkyMark.7615

Same problem. Also gutted.

Attachments:

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

The Question mark is most likely the weapon chest that is needed for the collection.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Coming soon? What the hell Anet? Should I even be excited about it!!?? I was waiting for 25 days to get the full collection and now you go for this ugly tricks…I was excited when I heard about the ring of fire map coming in 2 weeks..now I know that you will use the same collection for that too, probably making another collection iside it to take a backpack to add to the primordius collection…
that’s just stupid…
Good job to whom had this great idea! You managed to kitten off a lot of people again and get me less excited about what is coming next…

(edited by Dantert.1803)

Lahmia.2193

The Question mark is most likely the weapon chest that is needed for the collection.

No it is not considering you need the weapon chest to unlock the collection.

Djinn.9245

Coming soon? What the hell Anet? Should I even be excited about it!!?? I was waiting for 25 days to get the full collection and now you go for this ugly tricks…

What “ugly trick”?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Dantert.1803

Coming soon? What the hell Anet? Should I even be excited about it!!?? I was waiting for 25 days to get the full collection and now you go for this ugly tricks…

What “ugly trick”?

Well the collection with a coming soon piece…so we log in every time hoping for it, timegates after timegates…. that’s even not needed ‘cause if people will probably be interested anyway into the new primordus weapon or armor piece to complete the collection…so why put the timegate?
It’s a way to tease the players that doesn’t work.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t see why it’s such a big deal. All it means is you’ll have to wait a bit longer to get the scythe, which apparently some of those complaining don’t even want.

Unless if course it’s referring to the ‘Coming Soon’ item which dropped during the HoT beta, and only the people who accidentally got one on a non-beta character and kept it for over a year can complete the collection. Then I could understand the anger.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I suspect it is something like the Jormag collection which needs either a special item or another exclusive boss skin drop, from either Molten Dominator or (hopefully) a revamped Megadestroyer.

By doing it this way, I suspect they want to stagger how many players get it straight away by using RNG.

If it is any consolation, TSW did a similar thing with an item drop and staggered when the final parts and recipe were to be released. That was 2 years ago and there still is no sign of the final part(s)..
In the grand scheme of things, I can wait 2 more weeks for ???

I do agree wholeheartedly with comments about the low ap. That’s a trend which I hope they reverse. Goals need to be realistic to kake them fun. AP goals are becoming less and less realistic for no logical reason.

Healix.5819

One thing I (and probably others too) noticed is that it says collect all 20 weapons skins, which either hints for a new primordus themed skin coming or even a whole new weapon type.

In PvE they’re Primordus, but in PvP they’re Destroyer. There’s 20 skins in the Destroyer set.

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

In PvE they’re Primordus, but in PvP they’re Destroyer. There’s 20 skins in the Destroyer set.

IF you include the scythe which is the reward for the collection. I don’t think that the scythe is needed to complete the collection.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, the Scythe makes number 20.

Healix.5819

IF you include the scythe which is the reward for the collection. I don’t think that the scythe is needed to complete the collection.

The reward for completing the collection is an ascended staff. It being the scythe skin was just to hype it. An exotic/lesser version of the scythe will likely be a story/meta reward. Far more likely than the alternative.

Malediktus.3740

They used to be called Destroyer in pve, too. But Anet renamed them in a patch.

Dantert.1803

if they give the scythe skin as an exotic what’s the point in making the collection? I can craft a staff myself…. I hope it’s not…because it’s just stupid

Inculpatus cedo.9234

if they give the scythe skin as an exotic what’s the point in making the collection? I can craft a staff myself…. I hope it’s not…because it’s just stupid

It’s an Ascended Staff; you can see it when you mouse-over the reward.

The skin, however, would be the same.

Dantert.1803

It’s an Ascended Staff; you can see it when you mouse-over the reward.

The skin, however, would be the same.

What I mean is that if the scythe skin is obtainable as a part of the collection then what is the point to give the ascended version for the complete collection? We can craft an ascended staff, I made some of them for my characters, I don’t need such an expensive collection to have another one, if I want an ascended staff I’ll craft it cheaper.
The point for me in this collection is the skin, that should be unique and hard to get.
I hope I made myself clear.
My guess is still that the last piece of the collection is a backpack or a trinket, that we will get in the LS. I would be totally fine with that and it would be fair.
What upsets me is the fact that they didn’t make things clear with this “coming soon”..

Djinn.9245

What “ugly trick”?

Well the collection with a coming soon piece…so we log in every time hoping for it, timegates after timegates…. that’s even not needed ‘cause if people will probably be interested anyway into the new primordus weapon or armor piece to complete the collection…so why put the timegate?
It’s a way to tease the players that doesn’t work.

Spreading out content over time is very common in GW2, that’s how you keep players from consuming all the content at once. This is normal and not some “ugly trick” lol.

Djinn.9245

I suspect it is something like the Jormag collection which needs either a special item

I HATE the Jormag item. I have done Claw of Jormag a large number of times and still not received the item. If this collection is going to be like that tell me now so I can simply not bother with it. I used to have a character parked at Earthshake. Gave up on it now.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

it’s kind of like how many people bought into the hype of legendary armor when in reality HOT was a preorder for it.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Malediktus.3740

I suspect it is something like the Jormag collection which needs either a special item

I HATE the Jormag item. I have done Claw of Jormag a large number of times and still not received the item. If this collection is going to be like that tell me now so I can simply not bother with it. I used to have a character parked at Earthshake. Gave up on it now.

You know you can buy it on the trading post.
In GW2 farming specific items yourself is a waste of time 905+ of the time compared to farming the gold for it.