Princess, Dragonite Ore Eater

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

Dear ArenaNet,

Please consider tweaking the function of the Princess, Dragonite Ore eater. Average play generates more Dragonite Ore per day than she can consume.

Possible solutions:

1. Increasing the minimum and maximum use per day.
2. Allow consumption of multiple Dragonite Ingots per use. Generates a random number of Gunk-covered Pellets per use.
3. Allow consumption of either 50 Dragonite Ores or 50 Dragonite Ingots per use. Latter option generates an Ascended grade version of Gunk-covered Pellet with better rewards.

Please consider one of these or implementing other alternatives to better sink Dragonite Ores. Thank you.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Its technically not sink, and more of a distraction. The mat mulchers can’t reliably yield good loot, because the input material, being abundant, is not a gamble by nature.

It was added as way to say there is a use for all this junk mats, that literally has a minimum cost to utilize, without actually giving us something useful from it. As such, I don’t expect it to have any kind of improvement to the output of the system. If anything, they’ll add different merchant/crafting intensive use, and looks just obtainable enough to the masses so they’d pursue it. The upfront cost of Ascended armor is what turned people off to it….. So I bet the next iteration will have a larger number of intermediate steps, and hide the high total cost by making the cumulatively expensive outputs account bound. Like how the Gifts of Might and Magic have no trade value, but their source materials are the majority of the Legendary’s cost.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

And it really depends on who the player is for what is considered “average”. My game play certainly doesn’t yield that much dragonite.

I imagine they had a reason for limiting it to what they did.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Only specific playing styles generates more than 150 ore per day. And I am not sure that it is such a good idea to cater specifically for that playing style (which is basically just moving from place to place farming stuff).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Average gameplay certainly does not produce more Dragonite Ore than Princess is capable of eating. No steps need to be taken to make Princess more rewarding, nor any of the other Ascended material consumers.

Ascended materials are meant to have no cash value at all. That’s why they can’t be sold to merchants. These items assigning them some (albeit small) cash value is something that has to be monitored very closely, hence the limit on daily consumption.

starlinvf.1358

Dragonite Ore comes from most boss events with a chest (not bonus chest). So its not hard to generate dragonite ore in PvE; and you get crap tons from WvW objective captures. Blood stone comes from champ bags (found everywhere). Fragments are found in open world chests (and chest farms), and from PvE dungeons.

Really the only play style that doesn’t generate one of these mats in large amounts is classic mob farming….. and few people do that because of incredibly low yields.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Dragonite Ore comes from most boss events with a chest (not bonus chest). So its not hard to generate dragonite ore in PvE; and you get crap tons from WvW objective captures. Blood stone comes from champ bags (found everywhere). Fragments are found in open world chests (and chest farms), and from PvE dungeons.

Really the only play style that doesn’t generate one of these mats in large amounts is classic mob farming….. and few people do that because of incredibly low yields.

Lets do some actual math shall we?

Dragonite: 15-25 per Keep/Stonemist you take.
That means you need to take 6 Keeps/Stonemists per day at the very least to get 150. It is rather unusually to have keep flip that much.

Bloodstone Dust: 5-15 per Tower/Keep/Stonemist.
That means a minimum of 10 of those objectives per day. This would be the easiest one most likely, since all big objectives give them.

Empyreal Fragments: 4-9 from Towers. 2-5 (or something like that) from camps.
That means you need to do a minimum of 16 tower captures or 30 camps in order to get 150.

I would say that for an average WvW:er they are not even close to getting all of these done daily.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I would just like that all three consistently eat a full stack of mats per day with a rare chance to eat up to two stacks per day. Tired of them going on hunger strikes and only eating 150 a day.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Dear ArenaNet,

Please consider tweaking the function of the Princess, Dragonite Ore eater. Average play generates more Dragonite Ore per day than she can consume.

Possible solutions:

1. Increasing the minimum and maximum use per day.
2. Allow consumption of multiple Dragonite Ingots per use. Generates a random number of Gunk-covered Pellets per use.
3. Allow consumption of either 50 Dragonite Ores or 50 Dragonite Ingots per use. Latter option generates an Ascended grade version of Gunk-covered Pellet with better rewards.

Please consider one of these or implementing other alternatives to better sink Dragonite Ores. Thank you.

4. Encourage users to stop following the Shovel Train.
takes a drink

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Definitely. I realize they aren’t really supposed to have any benefit to the players, given the sheer amounts of the crap we pick up, and the tiny chance for anything decent.

But given its just crap 99.999999% of the time anyway why not just let it eat a few more times a day? I’ve easily picked up multiple stacks of dragonite in a day, builds up waaaay faster than I can do anything with it

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I wish these convertors didn’t have a limit at all. That goes for Mawdrey, the Star and Princess. However, the biggest problem is with Princess since Dragonite is by far the easiest of the ascended mats for me to gain in volume. I’ve already had a few days where I gained more dragonite than Princess was willing to consume.

I do a lot of world boss events, which doesn’t seem that unusual. There are other players in my guild that either have run or still run the world boss train. It’s not hard to get over 150 dragonite per day with fairly minimal effort and playing time. Some days, such as when guild missions reset, I usually earn even more. If I venture into the Silverwastes, the dragonite ore rains down even faster, and it seems easy to gather full stacks of the stuff from there in very short periods of time.

IIRC, I’ve still got about 60 stacks (~15000) of dragonite ore built up and tying up pack space on some lesser used toons. With the rate at which I can gain dragonite (~150 per day) compared to the rate at which Princess eats it (range of 150-300, but 200 seems to occur most often), my average net is about -50 per day which means it may take the better part of a year to chew threw my backlog of dragonite ore. All the while it’s tying up precious inventory space.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

If you have inventory space issues, and generate more than you can use, then throw away the rest. I did this. It helped, and since I’m generating more than I use, it comes back in case you need it.

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

Change Dragonite Ore and Bloodstone Dust text from purple to grey. Change nothing else. The only reason people are hoarding this is out of some weird perception of value due to its inclusion in ascended etc. recipes. If you aren’t going to / don’t need to use it for that then it has no value. It’s no different than getting stacks of random unsellable white junk.

starlinvf.1358

Change Dragonite Ore and Bloodstone Dust text from purple to grey. Change nothing else. The only reason people are hoarding this is out of some weird perception of value due to its inclusion in ascended etc. recipes. If you aren’t going to / don’t need to use it for that then it has no value. It’s no different than getting stacks of random unsellable white junk.

But thats the entire point….. you’re inundated with these in spades, in the hopes that you’ll be pressured into ascended crafting.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

But thats the entire point….. you’re inundated with these in spades, in the hopes that you’ll be pressured into ascended crafting.

“Pressured into ascended crafting?” Seriously? It’s a conspiriacy!

I don’t think so.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Average play generates more Dragonite Ore per day than she can consume.

Whose average play? Not mine, certainly. Maybe on some days, but on others I don’t do content that gives Dragonite Ore.

Or leveling alts, or doing world completion.

I would just like that all three consistently eat a full stack of mats per day with a rare chance to eat up to two stacks per day. Tired of them going on hunger strikes and only eating 150 a day.

Yeah, I hate it when they only eat three meals a day

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

And make them sell-able to merchant for 1 copper.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I wish these convertors didn’t have a limit at all. That goes for Mawdrey, the Star and Princess.

The only problem with that option would be the economy.
Imagine how much stuff you could get if you converted those 60 stacks of Dragonite in 1 go, and I know that you are not a hardcore farmer , now imagine all that extra items suddenly in the market, it would be nuts.
That is why all new system are implemented with time gate, like the WvW rank chests, the AP chests and the other asc mat eater was.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Average play generates more Dragonite Ore per day than she can consume.

Um 24/7 chestfarming is not an average play style.

If you play dungeons and do maybe some world bosses you probably have not enough ore to feed princess.

And as pvp player … dragonite ore?!

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I’d love it if they allowed her to eat more times per day. For whatever reason, my Princess almost always stops eating after three meals. I tracked it one week and 5 days out of 7, I was only able to feed her three times. One day she ate four times, the last day she ate five times.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

You guys are so hardcore. Asking for higher consumption rate of Dragonite Ores for those of us who get more than we can feed to the Princess really doesn’t affect you pro PvP-ers and WvW-ers that don’t get many ores a day.

To answer some of your questions:

1. Whose average play? Mine. Happy? Look, I get that PvE is not everyone’s primary content in GW2. That’s what makes the game great, that everyone can play however they want. But allowing PvE players to sink more Dragonite Ores doesn’t somehow directly, and negatively impact players who don’t focus on PvE.

2. “Um 24/7 chestfarming is not an average play style.” Yeah, it’s not. Cynicism doesn’t help in constructive discussion. I do 1-2 Breach + Vinewrath runs in Silverwastes a day, 2-3 Tequatl kills, 1 Triple Trouble run (2 if I’m home on weekends), and a Karka Queen kill. That maybe more than the most casual of players, but I think that’s far from excessive. If you try that yourself, you’ll easily end up with more than 250 ores a day, really.

3. I’m not asking for improved rewards from Gunk-covered Pellets. This isn’t about greed. And asking me to throw away the Ores isn’t a solution. I played the game, and the game gave me the Ores as a reward. Let me do something with it. Hey, if economy is the concern here, cut down the Dragonite Ore rewards for PvE content by all means. I won’t be crying over it, I promise. But if it’s given to me, please let me have the means to use them reasonably frequently such that it doesn’t clog up my inventory.

Perhaps I phrased the thread badly. One of the earliest responders made a good point. Princess isn’t the only way to sink Dragonite Ores if ArenaNet wants to do something about it. New features like Guild Halls in HoT could solve that problem.

My point is basically to ask for more effective sinks to Dragonite Ores, as one other commenter pointed out, there really is a very big demographic of players that do World Bosses train. I used to be in it, and the ores rain down like no tomorrow.

If you have a well-reasoned argument against more effective Dragonite Ore sinks, go right ahead. There’s no need to be snide or to take it personally.

(edited by Sylum.1806)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

ANet will come with new uses for the ascended materials, most likely with Guild Halls and the legendary/precursor collection.
Currently the average player will never gain more materials than they can consume, but maybe an average farmer can.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

No, what they need to do is:
Decrease drag, blood, etc. drops by 1/1000.
Increase rarity of drops from princess, maw, etc.

What they did: slap a bandaid on something they should have corrected.
What they should have done: make players make a calculated decision between saving for ascended or chance of rares.

But it’s too late now. Frankly, the converters should never have been added. End-tier drops should not be the most common items in the game.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!