Pristine Fractal Relic "merchant"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

Soo after doing a lot (millions) of fractals…
Make them exchangable for (ascended) skin/ weapons / armor??

30relics = 1 or something?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

No, their purpose is solely rings.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

Exactly the ‘problem’

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I doubt they’ll touch Fractals in a while now, they have to strengthen the game core ASAP as their playerbase loses hope and new MMO promises grow silently.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I totally support this, Fractal relics and pristine fractal relics become completely worthless after a while of running fotm, but what if we could buy fractal weapons with them? say 50 pristine relics for 1 skin would be fair I think, also they could introduce Fractal armor skins, much like the back piece you get to ascend each piece, and weapons could work like that too

something like that would truly give you a mid-long term goal for fractals and you would actually feel rewarded after finishing a long series of fractals and getting only 1 relic and some gold, I think most people feel quite dissapointed after running a dificult (sometimes your party just isnt that good) fractal just to get trash loot, and even worse, every other party member getting good rewards and you get nothing, that’s a really BAD reward system

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Talked about this at some length in the Fractals CDI. Just waiting to see the results of the discussion.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Talked about this at some length in the Fractals CDI. Just waiting to see the results of the discussion.

good to know they are at least aware of the issue

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

We are seeing the results right now. Nothing. Just like those fractal leaderboards.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Actually, the delay between the CDI and visible action generally runs 10-15 weeks depending on how big the change is (the upgradable back items are directly from the Horizontal Progression thread and they were introduce pretty darn fast…)

We’re still a few weeks shy of the average turn around time, and I think realistically we need to add another 3-4 weeks to that due to the distractions imposed by the China-Launch all-hands-on-deck behavior we’ve seen. If we’re still wondering about this come Independence Day, I’ll join you in a big round of “WTF?!?” but for now we’re largely on track.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Soo after doing a lot (millions) of fractals…
Make them exchangable for (ascended) skin/ weapons / armor??

30relics = 1 or something?

Convert them into regular fractal relics. Buy Fractal Capacitor backpiece, upgrade it to infused. Tada~ Ascended skin.

Posted by: Ellie.5203

Ellie.5203

i would like something to spend my pristine relics on.. have all the rings/backpacks/bags i will need

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

You can always get Obsidian shards with them. They are needed for crafting Ascended armor, and for legendaries

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Actually, the delay between the CDI and visible action generally runs 10-15 weeks depending on how big the change is (the upgradable back items are directly from the Horizontal Progression thread and they were introduce pretty darn fast…)

We’re still a few weeks shy of the average turn around time, and I think realistically we need to add another 3-4 weeks to that due to the distractions imposed by the China-Launch all-hands-on-deck behavior we’ve seen. If we’re still wondering about this come Independence Day, I’ll join you in a big round of “WTF?!?” but for now we’re largely on track.

I forget that you’re the other Nike and the real Nike was banned. Reading your posts always makes me do a double take.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

agree, should be able to buy other ascended trinkets with the relics.

but why have the pristine relics at all? convert the ring cost to fractal relics and stick with the one currency rather than yet another item to sit in your bank.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Yeah those things are completely useless. Who could possibly want infuseable ascended rings, 20 slot bags and Obsidian Shards coming out of their ears?

Because you know, that stuff isn’t hard to get otherwise.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Maybe earrings? I’d care more about fractals. I mean rings just aren’t that special anymore.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Yeah those things are completely useless. Who could possibly want infuseable ascended rings, 20 slot bags and Obsidian Shards coming out of their ears?

Because you know, that stuff isn’t hard to get otherwise.

yes the pristine relics are useless, take away the pristine ones,

and just give an extra 15 relics at the end of the fractal, allow rings to be bought with the standard fractal relics,

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

We are seeing the results right now. Nothing. Just like those fractal leaderboards.

Now this just isn’t true. We have already seen action from Anet on fractals, it’s just the exact opposite of what they said they would do and what we asked for.

So in a way, it’s worse than nothing.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Pristine Fractal Relics are essentially another broken currency now. They have been left in the game just accumulating for too long . As soon as anything can be bought with pristine relics either (a) old players will be able to buy everything instantly or (b) new players will be unable to meet the high prices. There is very little in between. This probably limits their use to conversions or convenience, and the conversion I’d suggest would be : Dropped fractal skin + pristine relics for fractal skin of your choice.

It is worth pointing out that pristine relics do fulfill their original purpose still. After ten runs you can get an ascended ring of your choice instead of relying on drops. That’s their purpose. Of course this seems worthless as soon as you progress onto infused jewelry.

(edited by Stooperdale.3560)

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

People hardly even play high level fractals anymore due to the terrible rewards and the extremely low chance of getting a RNG random fractal reward.