Private Questions

Private Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

With Anet going overseas to talk to players at Gamescon, I’m quite jealous that some of the players there will have an opportunity to have one on one chats with Anet devs at a booth. One thing I’ve wondered for a while now is if there is a way here on the site that we can ask a question to a dev or employee without posting it for the entire community to see? Submitting a ticket seems like an abuse of the system since they have actual problems to fix in that but going to Germany is not in the budget : /

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

Private Questions

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

To my knowledge there is no acceptable way to directly ask a question other than posting it on the forum. They have repeatedly asked for people not to message them privately unless it’s for specific information they themselves ask for.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Private Questions

Posted by: SindeeCyanide.9687

SindeeCyanide.9687

If they had a system for contacting devs/employees directly, can you imagine the kind of abuse that’d get? Or the thousands of messages they’d get asking the same question over and over, each person thinking that they’re asking a question that hasn’t been asked before?

With an in-person event it’s not so bad because it’s one-on-one, and there’s a time limit. It’s quite different from leaving yourself open to messages all of the time.

I’m kind of wondering just what kind of “private questions” can’t be asked in front of the community though.

1111122333wwwwwwssssssssdddddddddddaaaaaasdddddwhy aren’t my skills wor—oh.

Private Questions

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

If they had a system for contacting devs/employees directly, can you imagine the kind of abuse that’d get? Or the thousands of messages they’d get asking the same question over and over, each person thinking that they’re asking a question that hasn’t been asked before?

With an in-person event it’s not so bad because it’s one-on-one, and there’s a time limit. It’s quite different from leaving yourself open to messages all of the time.

I’m kind of wondering just what kind of “private questions” can’t be asked in front of the community though.

Haha nothing bad or anything of that sort but unfortunately this was the answer I expected

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

Private Questions

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

In previous comments they have said that their mail is full already with messages from players asking this or that, and that there is no way they can answer so many people personally and still do their work. They ask people to post their questions on the forums because most people ask questions that other forum members can easily answer.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.