Privateer Greatsword - best GW skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wilem.9635

wilem.9635

Hi, devs!

I’ve been searching for a decent GS skin for a long, long, long time. Most of them are simply silly. They don’t look like swords, they look like shovels. Or just … nondescript ugly things.

However! You started selling Belinda’s Greatsword at the gem store and it was really good, finally something elegant and pretty and it was a great step forward.

And Privateer’s Greatsword is even better, it’s just ideal. It’s elegant, and more brutal than Belinda’s and somehow feels high-tech-ish. I love it. And I’m super grateful you allowed us to have it.

Cheers.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Oh nice. Been looking for a nice GS that isn’t weird-looking or super bulky. Cheers!

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The two best ones imo are Ebonblade and Cobalt (Cobolt? there’s one of those too — I mean the one that is Ebonblade with a blue flame when drawn). They look real!

Privateer is also lovely. I’m slowly filling in my Privateer collection — when a new BL set comes out that I don’t like, I spend a ticket or two on Privateer instead. Likely I will get rifle next, since I like the compact nature of the Privateer rifle as a weapon for my Thief/DD in case he specs into Deadeye.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

The GS skin is the first and only I’ve purchased from the Privateer set so far. Just love it. Complex enough to be interesting, and a good size compared to the many very oversized models in this game. I got the Axe from a wardrobe unlock. I’ve been considering the 1H Sword as well.

Posted by: wilem.9635

wilem.9635

The GS skin is the first and only I’ve purchased from the Privateer set so far. Just love it. Complex enough to be interesting, and a good size compared to the many very oversized models in this game. I got the Axe from a wardrobe unlock. I’ve been considering the 1H Sword as well.

Yes, the one handed is perfect!

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

The privateer set is really good, I have the scepter and the warhorn myself.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m glad some people like at least some of the skins in this set.

(Just proves for me that no matter how much I dislike a skin, there’s a large group of players who will love it, and vice versa. More variety, I say, the better to appeal to everyone.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m with IWN. They don’t really do anything for me, but I’m glad they are something others enjoy. =)

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

At first, I used the regular GS skin. It’s relatively small and good for almost every armor. Some times later i found the GS from the Ascalon Catacombs and it was my go to GS skin for a very long time.
Then the Chaos GS has arrived to the store and it was a love at first sight I think there is no other GS skin which is in par with this one.
Except one My main character’s name is VĂ©rpenge (or Bloodblade in English), so when the Bloodstone GS has arrived it was a no-brainer for me
TL;DR: I think there are more than a few good GS skins.

Ad astra per asperas

Posted by: Yolanda Hardass.8045

Yolanda Hardass.8045

This to me is the greatest GS skin there is

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

Gallant and Balthazar’s are elegant and relatively simple.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

There are quite a few great GS skins, IMO the Privateer one is not one of them.

However, the biggest issue with most of those good looking skins is their ridiculously enormous size.
This one has the most realistic size:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ebonblade
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cobalt_
And this one is the smallest (more like a b*stard sword):
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsword_

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Sepheiron.4918

Sepheiron.4918

Ebon Vanguard Greatsword is also quite nice. Simple but nice design.

The legendaries however are one of the ugliest ingame imo. Even if I had one, I’d probably transmute it. Their only plus is the special effect when swinging (which can be annoying for other players).

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Gallant and Balthazar’s are elegant and relatively simple.

Ah yes, the Balthazar GS is another good one. It has always appealed to me a great deal. I wish the Balthazar 1H sword was more like it. Gallant is nice as well.