Problem with endgame

Problem with endgame

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cobrahorse.4329

cobrahorse.4329

First of all sorry for my bad English

So when you are leveling 1-80 your main goal is the leveling process,
the main reward you get is experience.
And suddenly you hit 80 and you are going to do the same stuff but with no xp reward.
It just removes a carrot, who want to do a event that feels like its half as rewarding as before?
1 solution to this is just to double the karma gained from events when you are 80.

Just my opinion…

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Erin.7521

Erin.7521

You still earn experience, it is just used to earn you more skill points rather than levels.

Rocking on Piken Square – the un-official EU roleplay server.

Problem with endgame

cobrahorse.4329

You still earn experience, it is just used to earn you more skill points rather than levels.

Even if its does my point still stands

Its like going to work donig the same stuff but your salery is 50% lower. its a horrible feeling.

Being max level should be rewarding!

(edited by cobrahorse.4329)

Problem with endgame

Erin.7521

Not really. You are suggesting removing experience, which you will need, just to double something you currently want more. That is not really thinking about the long term.

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Athaulf.1530

Athaulf.1530

Gosh what is it with all those people needing “a carrot”? Go look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning_chamber and be ashamed of yourselfs. It is really amazing how the mmo industry of the past and espacially that 3 letter game has conditioned some mmo players into zombies.

(edited by Athaulf.1530)

Problem with endgame

cobrahorse.4329

Gosh waht is ist with all those peopel needing “a carrot”? Go look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning_chamber and be ashgamed of yourselfs. It is really amazing how the mmo industry of the past and espacially that 3 letter game has conditioned some mmo players into zombies.

You know there is someplace in the middle its not just everything or nothing.

Dubble the karma is a small thing, gw2 will still have gear cap. Its not like its wow all over again with endless griding for gear with new patches every month

Problem with endgame

cobrahorse.4329

Not really. You are suggesting removing experience, which you will need, just to double something you currently want more. That is not really thinking about the long term.

I am just saying that being level 80 should give some benefits. The so called carrot is still there cause the best gear is really expensive, its just that the way there is not fun if you do the same thing as before but less rewarding-

Problem with endgame

Erin.7521

Fun, what ever happened to doing things because you enjoyed it? Even then you get rewards, you get karma, you get experience, you get gold, you can use all these things to your benefit.

Problem with endgame

cobrahorse.4329

Fun, what ever happened to doing things because you enjoyed it? Even then you get rewards, you get karma, you get experience, you get gold, you can use all these things to your benefit.

What does this have to do with my suggestion?

The feeling that you are doing the same this as before but less rewarding is not good. Even if you just want to have fun or if you want to grind like a zombie. And I am convinced that my suggestions is one of the best ways to fix this

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Torcan.2314

Torcan.2314

PVP-levels and abilites is what the game needs.

Problem with endgame

Erin.7521

Your suggestion was based on the idea you got less than before as you do not get experience. This is not correct. You are not getting less than before. As a result I think the idea is simply “I currently want more karma so if you could double it that would be great, thanks.” I just do not think it is a very thought through idea that try’s to solve an issue that doesn’t exist.

Problem with endgame

cobrahorse.4329

Your suggestion was based on the idea you got less than before as you do not get experience. This is not correct. You are not getting less than before. As a result I think the idea is simply “I currently want more karma so if you could double it that would be great, thanks.” I just do not think it is a very thought through idea that try’s to solve an issue that doesn’t exist.

I am saying that the main goal in the game before level 80 is the xp. When you get to lvl 80 you do the same stuff but without the xp part. In that way its less rewarding. And it needs to be backed up with something else at level 80 as a karma boost.

Problem with endgame

Erin.7521

No you still have the experience part! You still earn exp then instead of level 81 when you fill the bar you get a skill point.

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Darkdawns.6942

Darkdawns.6942

all you people shutting him down saying you get the same rewards regardless of level.

that’s not the point. He’s saying it’s not worth your time at level 80 to do them anymore. While levelling you have the prospect of getting stronger.

As someone who has been level 80 for over 17 days now, i can say there is literally nothing to do besides grind your legendary. full exotic gear can be obtained in 2 days that have max stats and it’s not even needed because there is no dungeon hard enough for you to need anything higher than rares. You get de-scaled in some dungeons which means better gear practically does nothing for you. all that matters is the type of gear you are using (i.e. types of stats on the item)

for all the people who don’t want to farm the legendary and yes i know how to make it . It’s ridiculously hard, then there really is nothing to do. WvW was fun for a while but now it feels like a zerg, if you dont have a group of 50 people you’re not doing anything and if you are in a group of 50 you feel like you’re doing nothing.

5v5 pvp matches can be done from the start and use totally different everything so calling that endgame is void.

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Torcan.2314

Torcan.2314

The game needs PVP-levels.

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Yeah, behavioral tricks to keep you playing are the most fun thing in the world.

Problem with endgame

Posted by: Metal.3826

Metal.3826

In 2 days? Which event is that that’s so short and repeats that frequently? Each exotic is 42k karma each. That’s 210k karma for the set. 350 karma each event takes time.

As for the original poster, I don’t think they should double karma per event. They probably already planned prices (I know some greatly increased after launch) and would have to then make more adjustments which would minimize the benefits of doubling it. I wouldn’t mind a black lion key every level, but I really don’t care. 80 is cap.

Problem with endgame

Posted by: tjeb.6503

tjeb.6503

Why even level to 80 if you don’t enjoy the game itself? I mean, if you don’t have anything to do at 80, why would you consider experience point rewards the main purpose of playing?

The way I see it, the game, and quests, and dungeons should be rewarding in and of themselves; exp, karma, gold, and gear are just bonuses… (with the one exception that you need to level to be able to reach more of the game). Maybe that gets boring after a while, and maybe that happens to be around the time you hit 80, but those two things should have no direct causality.