Problems with Kudzu Precursor Collection

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Dear Anet,

It was a pretty easy collection. I enjoyed most of the part, until the last one Kudzu III which is particularly frustrating.

Firstly, let me start with the horrible RNG gate. One of the required components is the chili seed that is randomly dropped from a herb patch which spawns chili peppers randomly in random locations! These fine seeds took me 2 hours to harvest, mainly by running from one map to another looking for a herb patch. They are hardly fun, but a horribly long chore! And there are dozen other seeds to harvest… The other component is the Compost “obtained from a heirloom seed pouch”. Sound easy enough right? Nope. I opened stacks of Heirloom Pouches and none has dropped to me so far. I have been farming Vinewrath to the point that I’m sick of it. I really want to give up the whole collection because of this terrible RNG. It’s frustrating, ANet, can you please look at your number and do something about it?

Secondly, the hint is very obscure. For once, I need to find an Unbreakable Garden Trowel dropped by “an enemy guarding a garden”. Great! Now on to finding which garden? and which enemy exactly? Here I am, camping re-spawning mobs and praying that they are the right targets for a few more hours to no avail. Am I wasting time here because hello, RNG again!

Thirdly, the event chain that never happens. One of the required events is to kill the Champion Risen King in the Royal Tomb. To my dismay, the NPC is never at the location every single time I check. There are many other players like me who come camping here and we have no clues how and when this event will start. I’ve been stuck at this part for 3 days and it’s disheartening. Is there any solution or should I just drop the project and do something else?

Dear players,

If you can give me a pointer to solve any of the aforementioned problems, you have done me a great service. Your kindness is much appreciated !

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Have you talked to Explorer Loana? She starts the quest chain for this.

Iris Ng.9845

Have you talked to Explorer Loana? She starts the quest chain for this.

I can’t find her anywhere, especially not in the location stated by the wiki.

:(

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Desypher.4607

Desypher.4607

did you find the garden trowel? im still looking as well.

Posted by: chizicus.1902

chizicus.1902

I’m stuck on this as well, specifically with the compost item that drops from Heirloom Seed Pouches and the Risen High Wizard bone meal that drops from a mob that doesn’t always spawn at an event that only occurs randomly every 1-2 hours. I’ve sat waiting literally for hours at the Gates of Arah, only to ever see the event spawn twice and the High Wizard didn’t show either time. :/ Very frustrating and certainly not a fun game experience.

As for Heirloom Seed Pouches, I must have opened over 100 now after running Vinewrath 4 or 5 times, and I’ve gotten 4 exotics but no compost. Is this a bug or is the drop rate really that low?

For those looking for the garden trowel, I got mine off the Vet that guards the spinach garden in Gendarran Fields atop the Provernic Crypts. My guess is this item can drop from any Vet that guards permanent garden areas… I found a good list of them here: https://gw2efficiency.com/gathering/permanent-nodes

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

Where did you guys find the Lotus flower, I have been in Orr for the past days and get nothing but root

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Where did you guys find the Lotus flower, I have been in Orr for the past days and get nothing but root

Just keep harvesting. RNG is gonna RNG. I got a lotus flower on like my third harvest, but on the other hand, I spent two days in Southsun harvesting the very limited passionflower supply.

mjasa.5821

Thanks for the answer. Well I got that in 1 go so I guess I am gonna frequent Orr for the next week or so. RNGesus does not like me, lol

Posted by: Hofdrache.5387

Hofdrache.5387

Secondly, the hint is very obscure. For once, I need to find an Unbreakable Garden Trowel dropped by “an enemy guarding a garden”. Great! Now on to finding which garden? and which enemy exactly? Here I am, camping re-spawning mobs and praying that they are the right targets for a few more hours to no avail. Am I wasting time here because hello, RNG again!

The first thing that came to my mind is the Hidden Garden in Mount Maelstrom. You can only enter it by killing a elemental keeper (an enemy guarding a garden?) and using a Portal after he is defeated.
More Information were you can find those keepers: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Garden

I`m not working at the Kudzu Precursor so i can`t test it, it is just a guess

(Sorry for any grammatical error i`m not good at english)

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

I’m still on tier 1 of the collection, so some of the stuff you are looking for I haven’t had to mess with yet. To the person asking about the Lotuses, I farmed Orr (Cursed Shore/Malchors) for about 3 days until it finally popped from one. Had to farm Vinewrath about 7 times to get the tiny blossom.

As for the garden guardian, the first place that comes to mind for me is the Champ Troll that has a garden of sugar pumpkins or something in either Bloodtide or Sparkfly, I can’t remember which zone. You just walk to an area around the centerish of the map and there are tons of plants to gather, and there is a troll wandering about that will come after you if you get close.

Edit: Bloodtide Coast – Risewild Hills is where the troll is.

And my 2 cents: yeah, it’s RNG, not a fan of having to use the Ascended time-gate stuff to make exotic things. But the vague hints? I’m ok with that. I enjoy scavenger hunts and puzzles of that nature, but to each their own.

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

(edited by Fox.8957)

Posted by: Marko.2469

Marko.2469

After working on meteorlogicus vol 1 for a day I reached the part where I have to craft the required rod and core, I found out i need roughly 250 gold or to spend a week farming in order to get all the required spiritwood planks and seeing how I can craft only 1 per day even if i were to craft them myself it will take me 25 days total to craft all the required items. And thats only for the first volume, I assume volume 2 and 3 will be painful to collect and have to keep in mind that RNG which is always a kitten, so all in all it is much much cheaper and less of a hustle to just buy the precursor from the TP.

I am not complaining here I am just confused why would Arena.net promise fun less painful way of obtaining a precursor and then gate it with RNG and make it cheaper to just buy one ? It is such a hustle that i got turned off and will just buy the precursor. fun for everyone!

(edited by Marko.2469)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’m only on Kudzu part II, but I do remember seeing complaints about the Heirloom Seed Pouch. I noticed that the pouches that drop from Silverwastes/VW do not stack with the ones I’m getting out of the new maps (and maybe other areas. All I’m sure of is that there are at least two unique Heirloom Seed Pouches, both exotic quality). Since I’m not at that point yet, I can’t open my bags to obtain the item but I am saving them to see if maybe that’s the issue.

I do remember doing the Explorer Loana event about a week ago, but unfortunately I do not know how it started. IIRC, it was near the bottom of the steps to Arah temple. I know that’s not very helpful, just confirming that it happens.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

All the owners and sellers of precursors would have gotten mad if they had done the collections any other way…

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

In crafting Tier I of “The Lover”, you are required to get the item “Love of Gardening”. The hint is: “Dropped by enemies guarding their gardens.”

Assuming that this is the same mechanics that some of the others in the thread here need, I was able to get this item by going to the grape garden in Fields of Ruin south of Ogre Road Waypoint.
There are two ogres guarding the grape garden there. They are just standard mobs, and very easy to deal with. Spawn rate isn’t real bad either, and I only had to kill around 3 of them before I got the token needed.

Overall there aren’t very many precursor collections that aren’t broken at one point or another. Really disappointing.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

mjasa.5821

I got the Lotus flower after 3 days of running Orr and I am now on the time gated part 2. Only thing that bothers me in the making of the pre is the need for pvp as I never do that but I see I can buy the glory so I guess I have to do that.

Posted by: Ankas.9023

Ankas.9023

I have them all done except for the Heirloom seed pouch that 1 is not dropping anything and I have opened over 150 bags. as for the garden trovel Gendarran Fields atop the Provernic Crypts ettin vet has it. For your seed collecting purchase the Consortium harvest Sickle from the laurel vendor and increase your chance into harvesting seeds.

mjasa.5821

Does anyone have a list of what you need for tier 2 materials for Leaf of Kudzu?

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

these are supposed to be an adventure… as you go along on these adventures you get closer to your legendary, if they were easy then there’d be no reason to buy legendaries anymore except for core players.

rhapsody.3615

Does anyone have a list of what you need for tier 2 materials for Leaf of Kudzu?

I made the entire post below about the third part and realized you said tier 2, so I’m leaving it as it took me a while to type up/remember it…

Craft the Kudzu Experiement (do not delete this item, you will need to salvage it to craft the Perfected Longbow in Kudzu Collection III):
Experimental Longbow Stave
-20 Spiritwood Planks
-100 Memories of Battle
-100 Shards of Glory

Experimental Longbow String
-15 Elonian Leather Squares
-100 Memories of Battle
-100 Shards of Glory

Legendary Inscription
-10 Globs of Ectoplasm
-5 Piles of Crystalline Dust
-Orichalcum Plated Dowel
-10 Elonian Leather Squares

Grandmaster Huntsman guides you through the following

Basic Elder Longbow Requisition
-250 Elder Wood Staves
-250 Thick Strings

Elder Longbow Stave Requistion
-250 Elder Wood Staves

Thick Strings Requisition
-250 Thick Strings

Superior Longbow Woodworking Tools
-250 Elder Wood Planks
-50 Ancient Wood Planks
-5 Spiritwood Planks
-10 Thermocatalytic Reagents

Balanced Longbow Stave
-250 Elder Wood Planks
-5 Spiritwood Planks
-10 Lumps of Primordium
-10 Thermocatalytic Reagents

Reinforced Longbow String
-250 Cured Thick Leather Squares
-50 Cured Hardened Leather Squares
-5 Elonian Leather Squares

The Art of Woodworking: Longbow Stave Edition
-10 of each stave: green, soft, seasoned, hard, elder, ancient
-1 Spiritwood Longbow Stave

The Art of Tanning: Longbow String Edition
-10 of each string: rawhide, thin, coarse, rugged, thick, hardened
-1 Elonian String
There is a bug in the text where it asks for the thick strings twice, instead of the coarse. You only need 10 thick.

The Legendary Scholar Mossi wants the following:
-1000 Bandit Crests
-400 Geodes
-100 Obsidian Shards
-100 Karka Shells
-25 Stabilizing Matrices
-25 Passion Flowers

Edited to finish the materials list.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

mjasa.5821

Yes thank you I meant after you craft the experiment, so this helps. If anyone is farther ahead please post the steps so we know what to hold on to until then.

rhapsody.3615

I’m stuck on this as well, specifically with the compost item that drops from Heirloom Seed Pouches and the Risen High Wizard bone meal that drops from a mob that doesn’t always spawn at an event that only occurs randomly every 1-2 hours. I’ve sat waiting literally for hours at the Gates of Arah, only to ever see the event spawn twice and the High Wizard didn’t show either time. :/ Very frustrating and certainly not a fun game experience.

As for Heirloom Seed Pouches, I must have opened over 100 now after running Vinewrath 4 or 5 times, and I’ve gotten 4 exotics but no compost. Is this a bug or is the drop rate really that low?

For those looking for the garden trowel, I got mine off the Vet that guards the spinach garden in Gendarran Fields atop the Provernic Crypts. My guess is this item can drop from any Vet that guards permanent garden areas… I found a good list of them here: https://gw2efficiency.com/gathering/permanent-nodes

The Risen High Wizard (Arah temple) is suffering the same fate as the other temples on a larger scale. Since lots of people are farming Cursed Shore, they’re also defending Arah (it spawns tons of enemies on defense and you’re not going to convince 30+ people not to do it). I got lucky last night and seemed to get into a fresh map shard (after checking on it all day), so all of the temples had to be taken. I’m not sure if the drop is from the High Wizard himself, or in the chest after capturing the temple, as I had autoloot from Pact Commander at this time.

Heirloom pouches- I opened about 50 of them and didn’t get any compost.

I got my garden trowel from a grawl near the butternut squash in Arundon Vale in Frostgorge (bottom of the map). I don’t remember if he was a veteran but the group of them died fairly quickly/at the same time.

The thing I am currently having most trouble with is finding zucchini nodes. There are no zucchini patches that I’m aware of and each place on the wiki seems to have only one… But hey, at least I have 14 characters to try with.

Iris Ng.9845

Compost has dropped from the Tyrian Heirloom Seed Pouch. The collection is fixed. Rejoice!

Posted by: kittypaws.2076

kittypaws.2076

For precursor = leaf of kudzu Vol 3 for collecting the (Unbreakable Trowel) you can go to Dredgehaunt cliffs and go to the ( Wide Expanse Waypoint ) just to the left of there you will find cabbage patches …and Jotuns , i killed a few jotuns and thats where i picked the (Unbroken Trowel) up from … hope this helps you guys ^^

Attachments: