Profession Balance is not up to Par

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Reading through the patch notes, I was elated. Well, I was, until I read the profession balance notes. Honestly, I am not impressed with the lack of certainty in changes meant to move professions into specific directions. If the balance updates are going to be quarterly alongside the content updates, the changes need to be more considerate as to how exactly they effect the viability of the professions.
Reading around, I noticed my lack of satisfaction with the balance changes is reflected by most of the profession forums. This patch is overall good, but I lost my appetite when I read the Profession Balance patch notes.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: JarrodJames.6845

JarrodJames.6845

Couldnt agree more…I can agree that the dam from the chill skill in the necro tree was op…but completely chabging the mechanic of the skill to bleed is just lazy and makes it useless in pvp

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Couldnt agree more…I can agree that the dam from the chill skill in the necro tree was op…but completely chabging the mechanic of the skill to bleed is just lazy and makes it useless in pvp

I’d be more willing to try and understand this kind of reaction if the people making these kinds of complaints had done so after testing the new changes by playing the game for a while and trying to figure them out, instead of knee-kitten reacting to them.

One thing I’ve learned the hard way in this game is that what looks good/bad on paper, doesn’t necessarily translate the same to live game.

I’m interested to see if these kinds of negative sentiments to the balance changes are as visceral in a few weeks as they are now.

~EW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Nerfing Reaper is fine if needed. Changing one of the founding pillars of design is not. This isn’t balancing, it risks in fact eroding trust about future Elite specs and the uniqueness of them.

Whilst most of QoL changes in the patch are extremely good for the future of the game and for bringing people back in who felt excluded, some of the balance changes are just becoming circular now. We’ve taken Reapers back to when we fed back they were under performing in beta. Why nerf back to the point you agreed they shouldn’t be at before?

Why not collaborate more with the community instead of shutting them out and destroying builds for those who have spent good time and money getting things like full vipers ascended, who now feel that is lost on them?

Perhaps the nerf should have started with a direct dps reduction to see how that worked, rather than making it a condition which acivates another condition to dps. That is quite the leap to make…

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I have a hard time taking balance judgements seriously mere hours after the patch. They could be spot-on, they could be wildly off, but people are going to need a little time to figure it out one way or the other.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: JarrodJames.6845

JarrodJames.6845

I dont know how it will effect other builds that use Reaper but mine was specd in power with the added dam of keeping my opponent in constant chill to add more damage…now instead Ill have to run a crap condi build that focuses on appling more chills to even get 1/2 the dps i would if id just get rid of reaper all together and focus on pure condi