Probably it does.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Profession Loot Changes...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

It would probably bias it more towards stuff that is suitable for your char.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

So basically they made precursors even harder to get.

Got it.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Got it.

How so?

EDIT: Except you are trying to get Dawn as a necromancer for example, then yes, it will be harder.

Sawnic.6795

Got it.

How so?

EDIT: Except you are trying to get Dawn as a necromancer for example, then yes, it will be harder.

Precursors are named exotics.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Got it.

Except they didn’t. Just farm for it on a character that can use it.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Got it.

Which can, and will in some cases, mean more difficulty in getting the precursor.

Sawnic.6795

Got it.

I was just stating an observation. I buy the ones that I need because gold is easy to make.

Belzebu.3912

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.
Lets say you are playing a guardian, the chances of getting a light/medium named exotic armor will decrease, but get a heavy named armor will increase.
In the same scenario, get a Dawn or a Zap for example, as a guardian, will increase , while getting a Lover or Tooth of Frosfang will decrease.

So they aren’t making precursors harder to get, they are just making it different.

Sawnic.6795

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.
Lets say you are playing a guardian, the chances of getting a light/medium named exotic armor will decrease, but get a heavy named armor will increase.
In the same scenario, get a Dawn or a Zap for example, as a guardian, will increase , while getting a Lover or Tooth of Frosfang will decrease.

So they aren’t making precursors harder to get, they are just making it different.

There are people who exist that only have one toon, you know.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

lets say you have a 1% chance to get a precursor (regardless of profession)
you are playing Guardian or Warrior
you want a The Energizer (1%/11) chance of getting it. You can also Only buy from TP mongers and other Guards(1%/11) or Warriors(1%/11).

you are playing an Engineer
you want Rage (1%/4) chance of getting it. You can still buy from TP mongers as well as War(1%/11), Ranger(1%/10), Theif(1%/6), Engi(1%/4).

These numbers look like the engineer has an immediate advantage going for Rage, BUT the engineer has 4 professions worth of players to fight off instead of only 2. So that’ll probably balance.

It may also seem that the Guard has a disadvantage because he could only sell an unwanted Energizer to 2 professions, but this benefits the buyers of the Energizer. Also, a balance is achieved.

With the way the TP is designed the economy balances to materials changes pretty quickly. Big flux for two weeks leading up to patch, big flux for two weeks starting at patch. Levels out. Done.

…Dulfy posts something about anything & TP explodes.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.

Only 1 toon… Only 2 precursors needed… The games been out two years… your problem has nothing to do with the patch. -_-

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.

Then why would they want a precursor that they couldn’t use anyways? A Guardian has no use for Lover or Tooth of Frostfang so there is no reason to even attempt getting it if they only have a Guardian.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Sawnic.6795

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.

Then why would they want a precursor that they couldn’t use anyways? A Guardian has no use for Lover or Tooth of Frostfang so there is no reason to even attempt getting it if they only have a Guardian.

If they planned on rolling a toon that /could/ use it, or are helping someone else farm (for whatever reason)

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Not to mention that if somebody wants to simply sell a precursor, some (GS) are worth a bit more than others (torch ;P).

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

So you do what everyone else in the game does when they get a precursor they don’t want/can’t use. Sell it on the TP and buy the one you do want.

Your chance of getting a precursor hasn’t changed. What you do with a precursor you don’t want hasn’t changed. I fail to see how this patch makes anything worse and has been previously stated, it may make it more likely for you to get a useful precursor.

So…why the kitten?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

So you do what everyone else in the game does when they get a precursor they don’t want/can’t use. Sell it on the TP and buy the one you do want.

Your chance of getting a precursor hasn’t changed. What you do with a precursor you don’t want hasn’t changed. I fail to see how this patch makes anything worse and has been previously stated, it may make it more likely for you to get a useful precursor.

So…why the kitten?

I don’t think it is as bad as (some) are making it out to be. But, some professions may have their drop rate of the highest value precursors lowered in exchange for having their drop rate of lower value precursors increased.

I think that its reasonable for players to be concerned any time there is a shake up of this magnitude (referring to the entire system not just precursors) but I also think that its a bit early to be panicking.

Posted by: Carter.1034

Carter.1034

So…why the kitten?

From reading threads about this and reddit, a lot of the complaining is about how certain professions will make more money than others. For example, mesmers wear light armor (cloth prices are crazy; look at bolts of damask), and use swords, greatswords, and staves: the 3 most in-demand weapons. While engineers are at the other end of the spectrum and would get the most worthless armor and weapons. Also, all ascended armors use bolts of damask, which will amplify the “cloth train effect” if this change goes live whilst affecting all levels.

Belzebu.3912

So that is your lucky day.
The chances of getting a precursor that you can use will be increased.

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.

If they planned on rolling a toon that /could/ use it, or are helping someone else farm (for whatever reason)

Fair point and I accept it.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

This news is quite new, and yet I’m curious about how will itt affect me as Ranger (Medium Armors and GS the only common weapon) to deal with the drops.
Heavy things are always more priced, maybe because that lot heavy & light character getting a lot of medium stuff.

And so, what about the Silk and Linen, which is expensive? Medium armors drop worthless leather, flooded the TP by…

As a merchant side, it sounds good to care about your own list of items, but the TP is anonym and soulless, there is no direct trading, no kiosks, no real opportunity to work as a person. You’re a Company along with your Account.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

It probably is only in effect on characters under level 80, so they get more gear from drops that they can use for leveling up.

It doesnt really make sense in a level 80 character, because you don’t really rely on drops for outfitting a level 80 character (because you only want exotics and ascended and those barely drop – you go for dungeon tokens and crafting or just buy off TP).

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Even though I’m liking a lot of changes, this one does concern me.
I main with my Guardian and sometimes use my Warrior as my second.
All the other classes I have, they’re just crafting zombies.
Either that or were experiments into the class just to see how they play.
Now I have all at 80, but to be honest I don’t use the others that much.

I really hope this doesn’t affect level 80s, because I do love getting light armor with my main and salvaging or selling it for profit.

I know I could simply play as my light armored characters and farm with them, but I don’t like how they play. I’m too used to heavy armor characters.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.

If you only have on character why are you trying to get a precursor you can’t use?

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

If you only have on character why are you trying to get a precursor you can’t use?

Check prices. Some worth X times than others. GS, for example.
If its just under lvl80 for better leveling, then Amen.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Sawnic.6795

How so?

So what?
Ok, time for examples.

I didn’t say I only have one. I have 12. :o