Profession-Specific Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Suggested a very few times before…but it’s questionable any progress on the idea has been made.

Basically, Profession-Specific Armor that works with using the Profession Trainers found in main cities. Divided into three tiers (like cultural armor) and instead of holding stats: They are skins.

Not cheap…but definitely makes professions look unique rather than all the potential same.

Full rundown of thoughts: reddit post about this

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d say link this to progression as an unlock before being able to buy them, rather than simply being able to buy them outright:

PvE: Unlock all traits and skills for that profession.
WvW: Get to Rank X.
SPvP: Get the Champion [Profession] title.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

I would love this. Pyromancer, Aeromancer, Geomancer and Aquamancer armor for Ele, like in GW1!

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I would love this. Pyromancer, Aeromancer, Geomancer and Aquamancer armor for Ele, like in GW1!

Or…one set where certain details change depending on attunement? For example, in Fire Attunement, the shoulders have licking flames, while in Air, traces of lightning flicker over them.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

I’d say link this to progression as an unlock before being able to buy them, rather than simply being able to buy them outright:

PvE: Unlock all traits and skills for that profession.
WvW: Get to Rank X.
SPvP: Get the Champion [Profession] title.

^
This. Plus the skin set would work like the achievement skins, reclaimable anytime.

Still I doubt this will happen, I belive the exotic unique sets (for medium: Nika, Zho, etc. I don’t know more names at this moment) fill this role already. I’d prefer to have a new cultural set.

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Exotic Unique sets do not fit this role.

Rangers, Engineers and Thieves can all use the ones you listed.

That’s not class-specific.