Profession armors?

Profession armors?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Assasin Xx.2198

The Assasin Xx.2198

Soo the revenant armor is AMAZING!
Is it possible for arenanet to make profession armors? we have revenant armor but we can easily transmute it to our warrior or guardian.
I think that professions should have some kind of high tier good looking armor that is purely cosmetic for your profession.

We have racial armors and they are pretty good looking, but why not profession armors? I’d love to see something like that added to the game, that requires the profession to actually wear the armor.
So we have Light/medium/heavy and x5 races and x9 races.

Please?

Profession armors?

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

l0lolololoolololo you are asking that from anet? they’ll do the same armor for creating a toon. the basic shoulder/helmet armors. cause anet. They’l make more 1k gem store outfits before they make anymore armors to earn

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Profession armors?

The Assasin Xx.2198

I can always hope for change, right? I know of the starter armor, but i want something that requires playtime on the class you want to play. So if you want guardian armor you gotta spend time and not only money. Some achievements and completion on the character.

Profession armors?

Nick Lentz.6982

see i would highly agree with you, but anet sadly won’t ever do that :\.

Guardian of Maguuma

Profession armors?

The Assasin Xx.2198

Yeah I know it sucks that Anet does not add armor/weapons through actual gameplay. I expect some really good looking armors and weapons coming with HoT. I do not want to wait another 3 years for another expansion with gear. Also profession gear is probaly just a GW2 dream.

Profession armors?

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Well, this is kinda a lie. Anet has recently added armor/weapons through actual gameplay. Examples of these include the carapace armor and luminescent armor from the silver wastes, an entire set of Ambrite weapons, and the Mawdrey back item.

Profesional armor: you will not get professional armor. However, you will get a weapon that matches your elite specialization, along with matching head or shoulder armor if you complete the reward track.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Profession armors?

Nick Lentz.6982

Well, this is kinda a lie. Anet has recently added armor/weapons through actual gameplay. Examples of these include the carapace armor and luminescent armor from the silver wastes, an entire set of Ambrite weapons, and the Mawdrey back item.

Profesional armor: you will not get professional armor. However, you will get a weapon that matches your elite specialization, along with matching head or shoulder armor if you complete the reward track.

compare the amount they have given us to earn over gem store armors/outfits/weapon skins/any skin aaaannndddddd go

Guardian of Maguuma

Profession armors?

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

compare the amount they have given us to earn over gem store armors/outfits/weapon skins/any skin aaaannndddddd go

Totals:

Earned in game:

Weapon Sets: 9 (really 3, since 6 are lazy re-skins)
Armor Sets: 15 (really 9, since 6 are lazy re-skins)
Outfits: 2 (if you are a ‘vet’, can’t be sure if this means everyone can get it, someone pointed out another one you earn with cobs)

Bought:

Weapon Sets: 24 (that’s really disgusting since they were lottery based)
Armor Sets: 18 (15 since flame(insert suffix) were essentially reskins)
Outfits: 24

Percentages out of total, earned to bought:

Weapons: 27.3% to 72.7%
Armor Sets: kitten (fourty-five point five percent) to 54.5%
Outfits: 7.7% to 92.3%

This is including re-skins as actual ‘sets’. Without the re-skins it would look more like:

Weapons: 12.5% to 87.5%
Armor Sets: 34.6% to 65.4%
Outfits: 7.7% to 92.3%

I excluded back pieces and random pieces (it’s probably close to 50/50 even though a lot were time exclusive). I also excluded legendary for weapon sets, but adding 1 (since there’s only 1 full set of legendaries) would not change the weapon set numbers much. Obviously new cosmetics is geared towards gemstore and not in-game earning.

With the new idea of outfits instead of armor sets, I suspect the earned to bought will shift towards earned but the outfit ratio will explode because for every 1 armor set they’ll probably release 2-3 outfits in the gemstore.

Edit: I forgot the gag weapon set you can get from wintersday presents.

Edit of Edit: I can’t remember if the weaponsets like corrupted etched set were in game at launch or not so I left those out as well.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Profession armors?

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Your numbers are wrong about earned outfits.The hexed outfit in Halloween is earned not bought for 3 candy corn cobs. So you get 2 earned outfits.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Profession armors?

The Assasin Xx.2198

Meh honestly I don’t care about how many they released for gem store/actual gameplay.
I would just love to see some armors for professions, I don’t think this will ever happen tho.

Profession armors?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

hah asking for profession armors

better ask for armors at all first…

they will give you profession outfits maybe

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Profession armors?

The Assasin Xx.2198

Outfits would be okay, but it would be alot more fun if the skin would be obtainable through actual gameplay and some grind. Like the lumi armor.

Profession armors?

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

I have a dream too, Cultural Backitems.
Now Charr can have their very own back item without holding back the other races with their clipping issues. Wooohooo