Professions lacking any kind of depth?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

there is enough “deepness” for most player.

choosing your 2 weapon sets
choosing the sigils
choosing the armor stats
choosing the runes
choosing the trinket stats
choosing traits
choosing powers on hotbar

i mean.
i use to be greatsword+staff
but then for fun i started playing with mace/focus.
i discovered a whole new way of playing the guardian, more symbols, more stable, more tanky!

my only problem is that its kind of expensive to get another set of armor to get another set of runes to fit with your new build.
way too expensive..
runes shouldnt be “destroyed” when you replace them.

dunno, i find anet isnt promoting endgame deepness by not allowing people to play around with different builds.

but deepness is definitely there

What you described is Horizontal Progression. Having armor sets for different builds is the epitome of horizontal progression, and most people will say that its preferred over the usual vertical progression (in which you replace your armor, rather than have an alternate set). There’s nothing that prevents this other than earning your second set of gear. I already have 3 sets of exotics for my Necromancer depending on what I feel like doing that day. I got one using Karma, one using dungeon tokens, and one using flat out gold. Trait resets cost like 2 or 3 silver, so that’s not a big deal either.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I don’t sPvP much, but I get the impression that the game is only “deep” in sPvP. The reason I say this is that a good number of the traits and utility skills (I play guardian and necro) are very situational in PvE.

That being said I still love PvE and changing traits on the fly in dungeons, but I think I just got used to having three distinct subclasses per class like in other MMOs. I’m waiting for the day that the devs give us more weapon skills and allow us to move them around on the hot bar.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

gw2 has lack of depth because you can beat anything by spamming auto attack

seriously, a no-cost no-cooldown skill that does the majority of your dps was a bad idea

I wouldn’t group with you. if thats how you play you must be slowing your team’s down alot.

Unless you dont do dungeon’s, than yeah auto attack away.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

yup its probably a way to widen the horizontal progression.

simply being able to switch sigils and runes would already be nice, but now you have to carry the whole other armor set in your bag.
+ you have to grind some more to make it look nice!
its just a lot of work to tryout different builds,
i know its “endgame” content, its just… not ideal for my personal situation!

i dont feel like doing wvwvw cause i have to “retweak” my build each time.
i cant simply jump in and have fun.

its
just a little detail.

seriously, a no-cost no-cooldown skill that does the majority of your dps was a bad idea

I wouldn’t group with you. if thats how you play you must be slowing your team’s down alot.

Unless you dont do dungeon’s, than yeah auto attack away.

exactly, pvp and dungeon are separate content and thats where the gameplay shine.
world events and boss etc are, as they are now, kitten and simply boring auto attack zerg fest.

I don’t sPvP much, but I get the impression that the game is only “deep” in sPvP. The reason I say this is that a good number of the traits and utility skills (I play guardian and necro) are very situational in PvE.

That being said I still love PvE and changing traits on the fly in dungeons, but I think I just got used to having three distinct subclasses per class like in other MMOs. I’m waiting for the day that the devs give us more weapon skills and allow us to move them around on the hot bar.

indeed, the game in pve doesnt encourage you to fully explore your class.
you head for something and you stick to it. mostly.
its too bad!
as a guardian there is a lot of weapon id like to try, but my build/gear just isnt optimal for them, so i forget it.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

yup its probably a way to widen the horizontal progression.

simply being able to switch sigils and runes would already be nice, but now you have to carry the whole other armor set in your bag.
+ you have to grind some more to make it look nice!
its just a lot of work to tryout different builds,
i know its “endgame” content, its just… not ideal for my personal situation!

i dont feel like doing wvwvw cause i have to “retweak” my build each time.
i cant simply jump in and have fun.

its
just a little detail.

They can do better, definitely. I want to be able to save “Trait Pages” and swap between them (even for a fee). I want to be able to keep an “Armor Bag” that’ll let me swap full sets armors at a click of a button.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

There is a level of depth each class has but you must work it out for your self. The classes at the start of your gw2 play are easy to get use to because this game is aimed at ppl who are only going to put in 1hr or less a day into this game.
Doing combos is a major part of this also your rune set up sigl etc.. will push your hero to a higher level of depth.
Once you master weapon switch not just the spam till you have used up all the cd on the weapons but a switch to the effects that you need at the time you will find there is a lot to each class.
Now something i would like to see them do is take the ele like trick where they can start a skill and switch there attunement (the ele’s weapons switch) and make it so all class could do this. I think it would add a great deal more combo depth to the game. You could chain burst attks.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Easy to learn.
Difficult to master.

last day someone told me gw2 was shallow gameplay.

he was using keyboard a and d for turn, q and e for strafe, and 1-9 for skills, and no weapon swapping.

Posted by: kineticdamage.6279

kineticdamage.6279

I love how the thread really follows the pattern I & JSmooth described in page 1.

Posted by: Kai Ich.9174

Kai Ich.9174

When I first started playing I felt the same way. BUT, after unlocking the second loadout it opened up an entirely new feeling. Now I can use a skill in one loadout and quickly swith to my second to use another skill that works very well with the first skill. The combinations are limitless it seems.

I don’t know how on earth you can see combinations as limitless. I mean, let’s get serious here. It’s about as far from limitless as earth from moon.

Also for people attacking me for being a low level and clueless, I did reach level 80 on elementalist, I did spvp for a day or so and at the end of the day I just realized – this is it, there’s nothing to learn in this class anymore, I will be using this same weapon combo, these same 23 spells (or 31 in eles case) in the exact same way forever, because these spells and weapons are simply superior, no ifs or buts they are just superior to other choices.

This is a balance problem, as in, many classes have useless skills/traits and it’s relatively easy to iron out with time. Also since you keep ignoring my questions about your experience I’ll just assume that you tried every class 1 day in SPvP and then opened the thread, which speaks volumes. No, leveling doesn’t count as it’s an entirely different game and much easier, too.

That was just one example of why I feel combar is very simple (not in a good way) and shallow. It is the exact same same thing with spells, all of them have 1 or 2 uses tops, and you pretty much either spam your spells off coldown or use them the exact same way at the exact same situation everytime, you have no meaningful choices given to you regarding spell usage.
Also, as I said countless times, I just don’t see how my experience or my skill will change by playing more, once you reach the skill ceiling with a certain class, which in my opinion is about as high as mastering a champion in league of legends, you simply have nowhere to go.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Try a dagger/dagger ele, zerker axe/focus + dagger/focus necro, or a mesmer.

Then come back.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Kai Ich.9174

Try a dagger/dagger ele, zerker axe/focus + dagger/focus necro, or a mesmer.

Then come back.

I did try ele and mesmer and I don’t really see your point, even tho ele has the most spells it has to be one of the shallowest classes out there, literally every d/d spell that I can remember right now does one thing and the class playstyle pretty much revolves around changing elements and spamming stuff.
Mesmer, while it looks like it should be a fairly difficult class to master on paper it really isn’t much different then other ones, altough it does posses pretty much the only spells in game that force you to think and use them at apropriate times – shatters.

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

So I’ve been playing gw 2 for a week or maybe two and I still can’t seem to find a class that I actually enjoy. They all seem to be fun on paper, but the more I play them the more bored of them I get. I feel like that is because the classes and the combat itself is VERY simple and lacking any kind of depth whatsover, as well as the “skill ceiling” on pretty much any class is super low.
I know people will go “bs’’ ’’go f yourself moron” on this one and let me say I am no pro gamer by any margin, but I literally feel like I can master a class at about 95% by reading one guide, playing few hours of sPVP and getting level 10 or 20. And it’s not a easy to learn, hard to master thing it’s just easy to learn and easy to master, honestly there is pretty much nothing to master.

With the “skill ceiling” being “super low”, I disagree. Perhaps you are incredibly talented at playing GW2 and in 1-2 weeks of playing several different classes you have reached (or can at least see) the “skill ceiling” for all of them. I have not met such a player.

Two factors that might give a false impression of a super low skill ceiling:

1) To be challenged, you really have to seek it out. Standard PvP opponents and PvE content isn’t going to require you to develop past a rudimentary level to “succeed.”
2) GW2 has a shallow learning curve. What this actually means is that your skill at playing increases slowly as you practice. Your improvement is subtle but is still important and measurable over long periods of time.

GW2 is not as cerebral as many MMO’s, and certainly not as cerebral as GW1. It is more like a fighting video game akin to Tekken. Timing, anticipation, faking, reflexes, and flawless execution under any pressure are things that slowly improve your ability to play. GW1 was more about understanding the metagame, the importance of various skills and how they functioned, and how to overcome builds by exploiting their weaknesses. If you had no such knowledge, then you were the mending Wammo in random arenas and immediately identifiable as completely useless. If you had a little such knowledge, you were the assassin that shadow stepped in with your combo only to kill yourself because you were hexed by Empathy. And so on… each level of knowledge brought about a significantly different ability to play.

As for “depth”, if you believe a cerebral nature is required for depth then your assessment is reasonable. But I think then you could argue martial arts do not have “depth,” which doesn’t seem right to me at all.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Skillful play is rewarded in pvp…. it is however stupidly easy to pve in this game and it isn’t very rewarding or required to have much skill… just spam your buttons and roll out the way of an attack and stay out of circles…. pve wise combat lacks depth… pvp wise I think its pretty good.

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

It’s always a shame when one aspect of the game (pvp) handicaps another (pve).
They should have just separated the two completely with each aspect having unique skills, designed to enhanced the experience for that aspect.

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I can steer my car with my feet, but that doesn’t mean I want to drive that way. Seriously, if thats how you want to play, fine. But its not all about dps.

steering a car with your feet is hard makes you more likely to fail, killing stuff in GW2 with skill 1 is easy and you can’t really fail it (since you don’t even have to press a button)

nice comparsion mate

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

http://youtu.be/jVL4st0blGU

A nice video about depth vs complexity in games.

I love his videos, and this was a particularly good one.

I feel GW2 has the basis for complexity, but hasn’t yet reached the depth that the system can potentially reach. Let me give two examples of how I think that can promote some depth.

1. Elaborate on weapon skills. Many people have asked for this, and ANet has been oddly quiet about it, so either they’re busy with it behind the scenes, or just disagree to such a degree that they just don’t bother to mention it.

Basically, having a few options when it comes to your weapon skills would do combat variety a lot of good. In fact, I feel this is more important than adding more utilities. Even by merely adding in the ability to tweak the weapon skills we have to some extent would be great, but being able to swap out your existing weapon skills for new skills would give you a lot more options.

2. More profession diversity. I know, it can easily be pointed out just how much the professions already differ from one another, but what I mean here is to go a bit further. As it stands now, professions share most of the boons and conditions. While there isn’t necessarily anything wrong with that, it does homogenize them to some degree.

What I think might work here is to introduce effects that set the professions further apart, and I think GW1 is a good place to look for ideas. For instance, each profession might have access to something that none of the others have available to them. To give examples: Warrior – Deep wounds, Elementalist – Double Cast, Thief – Cracked Armor, Necromancer – Disease.

Just to show, each profession will have something unique that only they can have access to, and will make partying with them more interesting. The guardian already has aegis, which is an example of how that sets the guardian apart from the rest.

3. Expand on combos. Make them more prominent, and have the weapon skills throw more zones, perhaps.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

It’s always a shame when one aspect of the game (pvp) handicaps another (pve).
They should have just separated the two completely with each aspect having unique skills, designed to enhanced the experience for that aspect.

I love that the PvP focus influenced the PvE design so much. It forced them to abandon so many of the super-stale PvE MMO conventions, so that for the first time in many years I wasn’t bored by the combat after 5 minutes.
I guess threads like this show that not everyone is as tired of those old designs though.

Posted by: Blakey.5670

Blakey.5670

I dont agree with you op.
There i’ve had a lot of fun playing with the engineer, elemntist and guardien (playing as a ranger was kinda boring)
Pvp and wvw spice it up too.
And i love the end game areas with the ton of events.

I wish they just add more skills…

Behellzebab – lvl 80 pvp egineer

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Balance, of course, is key, but not the kind of balance most people think about. I’m talking about balance WITHIN a class. It’s not about nerfing something that’s overpowered, but rather about making EVERYTHING seem overpowered. When everything is useful, that’s where the decisions come in. Balance between classes isn’t really all that important (except in extreme cases), because that’s not where we make our decisions. The richness comes from deciding from an interesting, powerful, and rewarding list of incomparable skills.

Spot on, that’s something I’d also like to emphasize. We do have a problem with build variety if there is a huge amount of skills that are essentially “noob traps”. When I look at a ranger and I see him using spirits for example, I promptly assume he’s a noob and will probably try to avoid him, and I’m probably right. The same is true for an overwhelmingly huge amount of traits of course, but those are just not as apparent.

One of the reasons people cry for new skills above everything is that many of the ones we have are in fact so worthless, they might as well not exist in the first place. I’m not going to argue that the current single-profession, weapon locked, limited customizability aproach is a good one for spvp (I’m in fact pretty much convinced of the opposite) but I’m pretty sad to see that even if we go under the assumption that those things are not up for debate, anet currently fails at balancing.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

Easy to learn.
Difficult to master.

^this

Skillful play is rewarded in pvp…. it is however stupidly easy to pve in this game and it isn’t very rewarding or required to have much skill… just spam your buttons and roll out the way of an attack and stay out of circles…. pve wise combat lacks depth… pvp wise I think its pretty good.

disagree about pve. example – if you are in dungeon, and something unexpected happens – someone screws up, lag/disc. you can choose to get out of situation w/o resetting stuff which is typical reaction from most players.

http://youtu.be/jVL4st0blGU

A nice video about depth vs complexity in games.

i would say GW2 is has plenty of depth, it just isn’t overly complex. but some people love there math. shrug

agree, GW2 have depth, not everyone has ability to see it.

@ OP have you ever done something that others thought is impossible with your class/build/gear. no? then what kitten master are you

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Um, it’s a game where you hit buttons and your character does stuff in response. There’s no skill in hitting a button.

The real skill is in things like your character’s trait build, armor set, skills slotted, your approach to engaging/disengaging in combat, and knowing when to mash what buttons. GW2 has many nuances borrowed from chess and poker and other games, where at first blush it doesn’t look like there’s much to the game at all.

But if that were true, we’d all be Bobby Fischer, and winning millions over the course of our careers mashing down rooks and pawns, and displaying our royal flush winning hand.

If you don’t think there’s any skill involved, not to mention a requirement of both time and patience, then why haven’t any of us heard of you before? Sure if there’s no real skill required, or real depth to the game, you’d have rocked the GW2 world by now… as would have everyone else.

It could be that the game’s just not your style, or that you need more time to appreciate it.

I’ve only been playing for 27 days, and racked up close to 140 hours of play time, and I’m only just beginning to scratch the surface of the game. I have 8 characters on the go, one is at 33, the others are around 20. The different professions felt very similar at first, but now they have started to take on different flavours. Even the warrior and guardian feel different, despite the similarities in their “in your face” style. Changing even the smallest thing in my builds can make the character feel completely different.

I can only imagine what it will be like at 80, in dungeons, pvp and wvw.

Give it more time, I say.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

To be honest OP I had the same thoughts back in August when I started playing.
All classes on the surface seem pretty simple and all skills seem spam-when-off-CD.
Once you get deeper into class mechanics and meet harder content it gets much deeper tho.

For instance, Thief might seem a DPS class in PvE, but DPS is probably the least important thing a Thief does in group PvE; dropping a smoke screen to cover your team, shadow refuge to stealthrez, Gas+Bomb for AoE weakness on multi-mob encounters, Daggerstorm in front of a boss to protect team from projectiles, Signet of Agility to removed conditions and recover endurance to your whole team, Headshot to rupt, refuge to heal and give lifesteal to team, and all steal-obtained skills are much more important than just “ololol DPS olol”.

As you can see it gets much deeper once you l2p, it’s not all immediately clear; it’s a lot different to have a Thief in my team that knows all of the above, and a team who’s spamming things off cooldown.
The first Thief would be turning tides, the second would be carried over.
And this is just on the skill department, then you have all the gear/sigil/rune/trait game to play.

Of course we still need more depth than this, for instance a way to “mod” skills like diablo 3 as an user suggested, more skills, more utilities, etc.
But we’re in a much deeper situation than most MMOs (olol I spam rotatiunz n im done lolol).

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

there is enough “deepness” for most player.

choosing your 2 weapon sets
choosing the sigils
choosing the armor stats
choosing the runes
choosing the trinket stats
choosing traits
choosing powers on hotbar

i mean.
i use to be greatsword+staff
but then for fun i started playing with mace/focus.
i discovered a whole new way of playing the guardian, more symbols, more stable, more tanky!

my only problem is that its kind of expensive to get another set of armor to get another set of runes to fit with your new build.
way too expensive..
runes shouldnt be “destroyed” when you replace them.

dunno, i find anet isnt promoting endgame deepness by not allowing people to play around with different builds.

but deepness is definitely there

The game has about as much depth as most MMO’s. Most MMO’s you pick your gear, accessories, and trinkets. Most MMO’s you pick your sigil/runes(enchantments, gems, etc). Traits are like a skill tree. Even attacks tied to certain weapons are in other MMO’s. The only thing GW2 really did was make it more action based. The problem is that by making it more action based and the limited depth via 9 skills it waters down the tactical side. I’d honestly go as far as saying that WoW BC has more depth than GW2 currently, except for the elementalist.

I do agree that ArenaNet needs to lower the cost of gear so people can experiment though! The current prices only promote going with tried and true cookie cutter builds. I just bought my guardian gear and it ended up costing me ~55g! 24g for knights draconic set. 10g for 2 sigils of strength, 12g for weapons(why are scepters so much more?). Luckily I had 2 ascended rings I could toss on him and used orbs for runes for the moment. If I wanted Runes of Divinity it would be another 64g+.

Another thing ArenaNet needs to do to promote more builds is making healing power better(vampire/sustained builds), add more defensive runes/sigils, and balance out how much crit/crit % people can get. Although maybe I’m the only one that enjoys fights lasting more than 5 seconds in PvP.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

So I’ve been playing gw 2 for a week or maybe two and I still can’t seem to find a class that I actually enjoy. They all seem to be fun on paper, but the more I play them the more bored of them I get. I feel like that is because the classes and the combat itself is VERY simple and lacking any kind of depth whatsover, as well as the “skill ceiling” on pretty much any class is super low.
I know people will go “bs’’ ’’go f yourself moron” on this one and let me say I am no pro gamer by any margin, but I literally feel like I can master a class at about 95% by reading one guide, playing few hours of sPVP and getting level 10 or 20. And it’s not a easy to learn, hard to master thing it’s just easy to learn and easy to master, honestly there is pretty much nothing to master.
Now I feel there are multiple reasons why classes are this way imo top 2 are:
1. Lack of abilities that require skilful use and not just to be spammed off coldown, or lack af abilities in general. having 10 spells to use just doesn’t cut it imo, it’s not league of legends, we don’t have 100 proffesions.
2. Lack of any sort of interaction or timing between abilities (there are combo field but let’s be honest they just suck, don’t wanna expand on that since it’s a wall of text already)
Now some people will say "this is a team game men it’s part of the design’’ the thing is – it’s not. League of legends is a team game. Gw2 is an MMO and it’s a solo play + team based play mix.
Anway, what do you think about proffesions and combat of guild wars 2 in general? do you find it has enough depth to it and allow for a skillful solo play?

I guess you can solo every single dungeon path in explorable mode with your character and you can win any paid tournament with ease on your own. All these with a few hours of play, yes you mastered the game very quickly

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

GW1 only began when you reached lvl 20.

GW2 just begins when you reach lvl 80.

And part of that is because ANet tried to combat trait cherry picking in SPVP by making said traits tiered. All well and good when you have a full set of points to spend out the door. But for PVE it means that some build variants are basically out of reach for 2/3 of the game leveling process, in particular traits that provide incidental healing during combat.

Vigorous shouts? Grandmaster
Altruistic healing? Grandmaster
Elixir infused bombs? Grandmaster
Evasive arcana? Grandmaster
Shadow’s rejuvenation? Grandmaster

Kai Ich.9174

For instance, Thief might seem a DPS class in PvE, but DPS is probably the least important thing a Thief does in group PvE; dropping a smoke screen to cover your team, shadow refuge to stealthrez, Gas+Bomb for AoE weakness on multi-mob encounters, Daggerstorm in front of a boss to protect team from projectiles, Signet of Agility to removed conditions and recover endurance to your whole team, Headshot to rupt, refuge to heal and give lifesteal to team, and all steal-obtained skills are much more important than just “ololol DPS olol”.

As you can see it gets much deeper once you l2p, it’s not all immediately clear; it’s a lot different to have a Thief in my team that knows all of the above, and a team who’s spamming things off cooldown.
And this is just on the skill department, then you have all the gear/sigil/rune/trait game to play.

I didn’t really played theif, but from what you have wrote it just further solidifies my opinion of the lack of depth. I mean you drop a smoke screen to cover your group, that is not depth, that is just one use the ability has, the depth would come in if you could you smoke screen for several different things that would be equally important and you had to make a conscious choice on when you use it, not just ‘’o shi my team is taking damage, better drop smoke screen’‘, same thing with all the other skills you wrote, want to stealth rezz – shadow refugee, reflect projectiles – daggerstorm, romove debuffs – signet of agility, again I don’r really know what most of those abilities do, but from what you wrote it just proves my point, 1 ability has 1 use, 1 situation has one ability that deals best with it every single time.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I didn’t really played theif, but from what you have wrote it just further solidifies my opinion of the lack of depth. I mean you drop a smoke screen to cover your group, that is not depth, that is just one use the ability has, the depth would come in if you could you smoke screen for several different things that would be equally important and you had to make a conscious choice on when you use it, not just ‘’o shi my team is taking damage, better drop smoke screen’‘, same thing with all the other skills you wrote, want to stealth rezz – shadow refugee, reflect projectiles – daggerstorm, romove debuffs – signet of agility, again I don’r really know what most of those abilities do, but from what you wrote it just proves my point, 1 ability has 1 use, 1 situation has one ability that deals best with it every single time.

So if using abilities in the current situation and in a timely manner to save the day isn’t “depth” to you, then explain us what is it.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Conscios choice, you mean like useing it to nagat incomeing dammage, or useing it when a player is downed and you need to get him up quickly

you also have to be aware of if your team has any blast finishers that will be going off and when would be the best time to use smoke screen in order to get the most effectiveniss out of it. Because a ranger with one of there long bow attacks can do a sucsetion of blast finishers stacking stealth Much higher.

also a quote> stuff people need to know

“Question three: The combo i want to do isn’t happening. What can i do to make it work?
Answer: In order to choose which effect you want lets look at the type of finisher being used. Projectiles will trigger off which ever field they go through first. So say player W laid down a Firewall then player H put a Smoke Screen right behind it then Player T fired a projectile through both those combo fields from side of the smoke screen player T would then cause a Blindness Combo not a Burning Combo. Blast, Whirl, and Leap all work off what ever combo field was laid out first on the ground. So if a water combo field was laid out after a fire combo field the group would gain 3 stacks of 20second might, not the area healing when a blast finisher was applied. However, if you look at their rings on the ground you can move character if possible to an area of the ground where the water combo field does not over lap then gain your desired effect.

Question Four: My Projectile and/or Whirl Finisher is not removing the conditions on me when i am in a Light Combo Field.
Answer: The removing condition portion does not affect you, but those whom your finisher passes through/ hits. GW2 is designed for group play this just one of the aspects of it that helps your team not you. "

Posted by: ADFX.6179

ADFX.6179

IDK OP… I disagree with your basic premise. I think the classes do have depth I just think they are each designed to favor specific play activities more than we would like (Warrior for PVE, Mesmer for PVP as quick, short, examples) and are not really as versatile as you would think in spite of appearances. I also think some one got carried away and over nerfed the cool out of them so you don’t get that push button awesome result pay off.

Oh, just as an example pull out a greatsword on your warrior sometime and use the rush ability. Then compare it to a champion’s rush in RIFT. One is lame, slow, and prone to stick you on a rock, while the other is kind of awesome…

Posted by: kineticdamage.6279

kineticdamage.6279

So if using abilities in the current situation and in a timely manner to save the day isn’t “depth” to you, then explain us what is it.

It has already been explained in the first page. Please read all the posts before starting an argument fight.