Protect krewe leader Dobbs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

“Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site” Meta Event does not work and is bugged. The Guild Wars Teams was made aware of this problem for a very long time and nothing has been done yet.
It is time for a new approach. It is obvious that the dev group could not find a solution to that problem and it is an unsolvable problem.
Here is my solution to this problem, a simple one, that does not change too many things.
1) Removed this event completely since it is very broken.
2) Make the vendor that appear at the end of the event permanent and let them exchange their goods for Karma
3) Easy solution and it should make everyone happy.
Why bother fixing it and spend time on it when you can just cancel the whole thing and remove a big frustration for peoples that need the stuff from the vendors.
Please… Dev Team, fix that once for all, the easy way…

Attachments:

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

“Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site” Meta Event does not work and is bugged. The Guild Wars Teams was made aware of this problem for a very long time and nothing has been done yet.
It is time for a new approach. It is obvious that the dev group could not find a solution to that problem and it is an unsolvable problem.
Here is my solution to this problem, a simple one, that does not change too many things.
1) Removed this event completely since it is very broken.
2) Make the vendor that appear at the end of the event permanent and let them exchange their goods for Karma
3) Easy solution and it should make everyone happy.
Why bother fixing it and spend time on it when you can just cancel the whole thing and remove a big frustration for peoples that need the stuff from the vendors.
Please… Dev Team, fix that once for all, the easy way…

If it’s the one where you buy something for the fractal backpiece and have to open the gate first, just buy the kitten energy crystal off the TP to get the event started. It works fine.

Posted by: Kakera.3195

Kakera.3195

This event in question is in Timberline Falls I believe and not Metrica Province which is where the crystal is, for a whole other event. This event has been indeed buggy a lot, and I only managed to get to the shop by pure luck one day when I zoned in and checked, after checking if the event successfully cleared for 2 whole weeks, every day at least two or three times.

If your post starts with “how dare” then you can be assured I’ll disregard it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree with you that ANet should consider other ideas besides fixing the root causes of issues that are causing problems with collections.

However, there’s a reliable (if annoying) method to get this event: park a toon near the start and check as soon as you can after any game update. Near as I can tell, the event always succeeds at least once (and often several times, on any particular instance of the map). That’s how I and many other people worked around the issue.

(And yes, that should not be the permanent solution. But in the meantime, it works.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”