Protection

Protection

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Now that vunrebility increases condi dmg shood not protection reduce it also?

Protection

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If so then resistance should nullify direct dmg completely.

Protection

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

condis can be cleansed.

Protection

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Protection reduce the direct damage by 33%, a condi clean in the right moment can reduce the damage by 90%

Protection

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

condis can be cleansed.

Also Resistance!

Protection

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think we need to have stun resistance like have it scale with healing power. there are stuns in the game that last over four seconds and things can chain those too. After being stunned stun resistance lowers stun percentage by a certain percentage while also increasing timed invulnerability to stuns like a piece of zealot’s boots would give you .3 seconds of stun resist, which should be enough time to avoid teagariff knockdown chaining when shake it off, haste, or similar are off cooldown.

Since some mobs also have some healing power we’d have to create a separate stat for them to avoid them from resisting chain stuns.

Protection

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I think we need to have stun resistance like have it scale with healing power. there are stuns in the game that last over four seconds and things can chain those too. After being stunned stun resistance lowers stun percentage by a certain percentage while also increasing timed invulnerability to stuns like a piece of zealot’s boots would give you .3 seconds of stun resist, which should be enough time to avoid teagariff knockdown chaining when shake it off, haste, or similar are off cooldown.

Since some mobs also have some healing power we’d have to create a separate stat for them to avoid them from resisting chain stuns.

You are looking for Stability.

As for Protection, it is fine as it is. PvE does not dish out enough Condi’s to really hamper you as long as you have a single condi cleanse (I usually forgo condi cleanse and dont have a problem). In WvW and PvP, you should already have access to plenty of condi cleanse no matter the class.

Granted if you are facing a condi build team comp, then…well…protection still wont help you much.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Protection

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Off topic from Protection but..

I’d be okay with Healing Power getting a lateral boost like this. Though, the teragriff/knight charge problem is one of constant knock-down, chained to where even stability is worthless (again).

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Protection

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Now that vunrebility increases condi dmg shood not protection reduce it also?

Elementalist spotted.