Protest: Boycot the lost shores event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nolop.8095

nolop.8095

If you want ArenaNet to know that YOU don’t want

• a continous gear treadmill
  • lockout from new content if you don’t have the time to grind the newest tier of gear
  • devaluation of all things you ‘worked’ for everytime new content is added

Join us and boycot the starting event of the lost shores !

Let’s meet up in the Mists(pvp area) and have a giant party there while the Event takes place.

If the trend of item progression continues like this and you can not play all content without grinding for weeks/months this will be the end of Guild Wars for me.

Remember you are ArenaNets customers and your interests should be theirs so let them hear that you don’t agree with their current direction for the game.

Party in the mists !
Boycot the Lost Shores event !
Help ArenaNet make GW2 the game it deserves to be !

PS: if any supporters could translate and post this message on the other forums (FR, ES, DE) it would be much appreciated

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

A protest over a pixalated ring and back brace…..

First world problems/10

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I’m wasn’t going to schedule to get to the event but indeed this absolute worst thing that could happen to GW2 is turning me away from the event full turn. I’ll definitely not be there if it can help the game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Yeah this’ll fail.

Especially cuz we don’t even know anything about how they’re gonna handle ascended gear in the game in it’s entirety yet.

kicks out wooden soapbox
laughs at pain

Posted by: Deimos.9285

Deimos.9285

I’ll see you in Lion’s Arch during the world event.

I am Death incarnate.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

YEAAAAH! LETS DISCOURAGE ALL NEW IDEAS! NO NEW CONTENT SHOULD BE ADDED EVER!

Ridiculous. Just quit if youre not liking the game, Anet owes you NOTHING.

I love how everyone thinks suddenly they’ll be shut out of content because they dont have that extra 10 precision on their gear. Grow up.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

meanwhile in Lion Arch on SoS server: " lol who reads forum? only whiners do"

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

grind? what grind?
i had full exotic set the moment i hit lvl 80 there was no grind in it

dont forget they adding new crafting recipes/ mystic forge recipes so you dont have to grind…..

im happy they giving us new dungeons and pvp map
tha +5 stat is no game breaking it doesnt affect WvW or sPvP so i dont see your point

same system was in GW1 and it worked good

nolop.8095

it’s not the stats that lock you out of the content it’s the agony resistance, if you don’t have enough of that some bosses will kill you and thus you can’t beat them unless you farm a new set of items

and of cours it’s just a ring and a back item this time, but next time ther will be more and then there are weapons to come
that’s how you boil a frog, put it in cold water and heat it slowly because it would jump out of hot water imediately

Jrunyon.3012

it’s not the stats that lock you out of the content it’s the agony resistance, if you don’t have enough of that some bosses will kill you and thus you can’t beat them unless you farm a new set of items

and of cours it’s just a ring and a back item this time, but next time ther will be more and then there are weapons to come
that’s how you boil a frog, put it in cold water and heat it slowly because it would jump out of hot water imediately

So you’ve played the dungeon already and know exactly how all the mechanics work? I see.

Nesmee – Thief

saurus.8290

So you’ve played the dungeon already and know exactly how all the mechanics work? I see.

ale these QQers didnt played GW1

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

WoW player detected.

Adding numbers and stats is not adding content.
We have nothing against the new dungeon itself (maybe something about the new agony condition) nor against new maps, new puzzles, new enemies, new bosses, new game mechanics, new cool looking armor sets, etc. Cause thats content and everyone loves new and more things to do.

Adding more stats to a diferent coloured piece of equipment is not content.

nolop.8095

no but I read the official statement

Quotes from
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Linsey Murdock on November 13, 2012

“The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions[…]”

“Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must.”

saurus.8290

Quotes from
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

“The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions[…]”

“Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must.”

and i will reply you with this
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Infusion

to infuse your whole armor you run mission 5 times that was about 1 hour or 2hours for total newbie group

Jrunyon.3012

WoW player detected.

We have nothing against the new dungeon itself (maybe something about the new agony condition) nor against new maps, new puzzles, new enemies, new bosses, new game mechanics, new cool looking armor sets, etc. Cause thats content and everyone loves new and more things to do.

Ive never played WoW in my life actually, besides a few hours on a private server.

So do you really think that a couple of added points to precision and vitality is really that big of a deal? From what im reading, the armor sets arent even going to be useful outside of the dungeons because the infusions are made to progress further in the dungeon. I dont see a problem here, maybe you can enlighten me about the problems you see in the patch without assuming my gaming background.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Boycott this Boycott! I ask everyone ta show their support in Boycottin’ overreactin’ whiners by playin’ in the event this weekend; by havin’ FUN, an’ by supportin’ the team what keeps tryin’ ta bring us ah game we’ll enjoy playin’! Let those whiners know we mean business! Boycott the Boycott, #growthehellup!

Seriously people, jus’ two weeks ago yer all ravin’ about how great the Halloween event was an’ how awesome Anet is for givin’ it to us for free; an’ now ya wanna boycott em before ya even know the facts? I hope they’ve got really thick skin, ‘cause this drives me nuts an’ I ain’ even involved with the game.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Someone pointed out during the Halloween BLC hurrah that boycotts are useless and ineffective. So I made a twitter tag that needs some love.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

nolop.8095

Quotes from

and i will reply you with this
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Infusion

to infuse your whole armor you run mission 5 times that was about 1 hour or 2hours for total newbie group

yea i know, I played GW1 and never had a single item infused but you could complete the contet where this was ‘needed’ with npcs who had infusion on default
so no lockout there

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

WoW player detected.

Ive never played WoW in my life actually, besides a few hours on a private server.

So do you really think that a couple of added points to precision and vitality is really that big of a deal? From what im reading, the armor sets arent even going to be useful outside of the dungeons because the infusions are made to progress further in the dungeon. I dont see a problem here, maybe you can enlighten me about the problems you see in the patch without assuming my gaming background.

The problem is because you played on a private server. As it is, WoW gradually added a few stats for every new dungeon you were doing. Eventually you kept getting piled on with more and more stats, causing a very linear and grindy method of progression. It’s especially unfun while doing it on multiple characters.

It’s sort of the TL;DR version of why I don’t like it, but I’ve got like 3 discussions going on at once.

Posted by: bamono.7098

bamono.7098

This agony thing applies only to one dungeon, which seems almost like a new mode of play…and she said explicitly legendaries will be on par with the ascended items automatically. She also stated we will be given complimentary ascended gear…and that they’re adding new ways to get precursors making those legendaries easier to get. I’m unclear as to what the problem is. She also said they’re adding a ton of high level end game content…why would I boycott any of this?

Posted by: Smitt.8602

Smitt.8602

I do not like the idea of end-game gear treadmill grinding. This is far from that however. It is just another armor category with new dungeon mehanics. IMO a little character progression along with cosmetic is a good way to go, as long as it doesn’t lock you out of future content if you do not have said items or they become increasing difficult to acquire and require huge amounts of time.

This was done in GW1 too and rather well also. I would not be worried to much about it. I am sure Anet knows that it is a slippery slope and will take caution not to turn it into gear grind 2.

The new endgame content coming looks great and I am looking forward to playing through it.

Have none.

Posted by: Xenlai.8694

Xenlai.8694

Me and the rest 99% of players will be enjoying the new content. Carry on with your “boycotting”. Lol

nolop.8095

Boycott this Boycott! I ask everyone ta show their support in Boycottin’ overreactin’ whiners by playin’ in the event this weekend; by havin’ FUN, an’ by supportin’ the team what keeps tryin’ ta bring us ah game we’ll enjoy playin’! Let those whiners know we mean business! Boycott the Boycott, #growthehellup!

Seriously people, jus’ two weeks ago yer all ravin’ about how great the Halloween event was an’ how awesome Anet is for givin’ it to us for free; an’ now ya wanna boycott em before ya even know the facts? I hope they’ve got really thick skin, ‘cause this drives me nuts an’ I ain’ even involved with the game.

somehow I read this with the voice of uncle ruckus from boondocks

Posted by: Sippolo.1948

Sippolo.1948

You got it wrong guys, nobody will give a kitten if you try to boycot the event, the majority of people will still play it and will be playing for the next weeks/months on these new patches.
You’re actually complaining about having more variety in the game and having natural gear progression that every single mmorpg meets eventually.
Anything you do this way is completely useless, just swallow it or quit the game.

These ç_ç clubs are a lot of fun anyway, you think you have the power to radically change whatever choice the designers make XD

Jrunyon.3012

WoW player detected.

The problem is because you played on a private server. As it is, WoW gradually added a few stats for every new dungeon you were doing. Eventually you kept getting piled on with more and more stats, causing a very linear and grindy method of progression. It’s especially unfun while doing it on multiple characters.

It’s sort of the TL;DR version of why I don’t like it, but I’ve got like 3 discussions going on at once.

Way to completely avoid the whole point of my post and go on about WoW.

Tell me, what is so game breaking about 10 precision added to an item.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

What a ridiculous topic! Have fun reading a book, or going for a walk in the park.

Personally I will be ingame enjoying the special one time events and oodles of fresh free content. As I am sure most of the people who complain or pretend to boycott, will also be doing.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

Worst thread ever.

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

You got it wrong guys, nobody will give a kitten if you try to boycot the event, the majority of people will still play it and will be playing for the next weeks/months on these new patches.
You’re actually complaining about having more variety in the game and having natural gear progression that every single mmorpg meets eventually.
Anything you do this way is completely useless, just swallow it or quit the game.

These ç_ç clubs are a lot of fun anyway, you think you have the power to radically change whatever choice the designers make XD

Guild Wars 1 didn’t have gear progression outside of cosmetics.

Posted by: JJGlyph.9746

JJGlyph.9746

I won’t boycott an event, seems dumb. But it may make me just quit the game and move on to something better. Having all my exotic dungeon armor turn into subpar gear is a slap in the face. What’s the point in even doing the dungeons now? I don’t care about playing barbie.

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

I think all whiners should start from boycotting this forum.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I think all whiners should start from boycotting this forum.

If only!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Although I’m a SPVPer, it’s Quite exciting to see gamers so passionate about their game that they would do this. Only true GW2 fans!

But I think this patch you can do all the content without the new gear. It is only possible future content that you are worried about yes? The is key is that the content is good. If the content is good, so what if there is gear progression with it?

The only bad thing is gear progression + boring content, which is aka a “gear grind”

I hope Anet finds a way to make the best for their most dedicated crowd, but also not alienate new players

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

Planetside 2 is coming out this month on the 20th. I’m not going to boycott the event, but having fun shooting faces at the side of my friends does sound better than grinding for gear in PvE content. I might end up absent from the game for a large period of time.

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

A slight difference in stats doesn’t your exotic gear outdated unless YOU make up your mind that it is. Aside from one endgame dungeon, there’s no content that needs this gear.

ArenaNet provided a wheel for all the hamsters that complained they didn’t have one. That doesn’t mean you HAVE to jump into that wheel.

Boycott all you want, it just means less lag when the event starts.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Personally, I’m just not playing GW2. I actually roll a new character in GW1, Presearing. To my surprise I actually have been having far more fun, despite already having over 3,300 hours logged in GW1.

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

A slight difference in stats doesn’t your exotic gear outdated unless YOU make up your mind that it is. Aside from one endgame dungeon, there’s no content that needs this gear.

ArenaNet provided a wheel for all the hamsters that complained they didn’t have one. That doesn’t mean you HAVE to jump into that wheel.

Boycott all you want, it just means less lag when the event starts.

If there is a 10 stat increase on each piece of gear, such as that ring example ArenaNet gave in their blog post, then that will eventually result in a stat increase over 100 if they keep adding a piece of ascended gear for each gear slot. I wonder if ArenaNet will draw the line so it doesn’t reach that point.

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

Personally, I’m just not playing GW2. I actually roll a new character in GW1, Presearing. To my surprise I actually have been having far more fun, despite already having over 3,300 hours logged in GW1.

Good for you. Why are you still here then…? Not trying to be offensive (much..).

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

let’s boycot this boycot!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Me and the rest 99% of players will be enjoying the new content. Carry on with your “boycotting”. Lol

Good so a new patch that takes away 1% population is good?

despite this will probably be much higher….

Btw i agree the boycott is useless..

Real thing is fortunately this game is out only from 3 months…..so know i know i must look elsewhere.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

The other 1% will hide their enjoyment for the sake of holy whine.

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

WoW player detected.

You just do not get it!
The infusions wont be of any use outside of the dungeon. But the stats will! In 3W this will make a massive difference when you factor in that ALL slots will have this new teir eventually. ATM they have only released info on two items add all of it up, what, 13 slots inc the weapon. Some guys on the threadnought have done some basic maths and worked out it is a 26% or 28% increase in stats. This is the single worst thing Anet could have done.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Good for you. Why are you still here then…? Not trying to be offensive (much..).

To let ANet know they’re making a series of dire mistakes, in the hopes they will tomorrow have a meeting, try to recover from their hangovers and tell one another, “Oh man… we messed up guys. We messed up bad.” And then fondly remember GW1, and drastically remodel GW2 to be less terrible.

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

For those in this thread that are saying or thinking that it wont make a difference to existing content you are wrong. I remember the Mad king dungeon people saying in /map LFM must be lvl 80. How long do you think it will be before you see “LFM must be ascended” IMO not that long. Truly awful decision by Anet.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

To let ANet know they’re making a series of dire mistakes, in the hopes they will tomorrow have a meeting, try to recover from their hangovers and tell one another, “Oh man… we messed up guys. We messed up bad.” And then fondly remember GW1, and drastically remodel GW2 to be less terrible.

How dare they add infused armor like they had in gw1.

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

WoW player detected.

You just do not get it!
The infusions wont be of any use outside of the dungeon. But the stats will! In 3W this will make a massive difference when you factor in that ALL slots will have this new teir eventually. ATM they have only released info on two items add all of it up, what, 13 slots inc the weapon. Some guys on the threadnought have done some basic maths and worked out it is a 26% or 28% increase in stats. This is the single worst thing Anet could have done.

28% stats boost? wow great news!!! finally something meaningful to strive for, thanks Arenanet for giving me the motivation and goal to play the game again.. to be honest grinding dungeons so i can play Barbie doll with my character gets old really fast…

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

some peole are really in denial…
What could even convince you that this decision made a major uprising of community more than what s already happening?
Even the facts that so many UNIQUE tags post their disapproval proves its not a vocal minority…

I remember that in order to post here you have to own a copy of the game also…..so don t fool anyone with the vocal minority excuse ._.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Fenrir.4915

Fenrir.4915

I´m sorry but i think that gear progression was a great idea.
Give me some reason to play.
Only arenas with pvp gear progression is left to the game gets good.

Sorry i just don´t like that morron thing of “woaaaa im exploring the world ooooo how beautifull this thing that is like all the other things i already saw is” or something like " wowwaaaaaa im a kitten talking to a npc"

Posted by: Moloch.8013

Moloch.8013

i’m very tempted to boycot this we events…
this should be gw2 not wow2

Namtar Hakimi – Leoni Bianchi [Lion]

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

While i understand your point of view, problem is that opinion is only other half of the whole.
So which one they should listen then? Others say they want sense of progression, that usually means gear, title or achievements. All of them are grind in the end.
Then others say they don’t want to grind stuff.

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

TBH this new event is something to do for people who have had nothing to do for over a month so I will support it then judge it accordingly when I can play the content.