Prototype Fractal Capacitor Infusion Slot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seercull.1495

Seercull.1495

Hi
I’m very upset atm because my ineptitude lead me to upgrading an exotic capacitor to an ascended one with crystals which gave me an Offensive Infusion Slot instead of a defensive one. After I’ve noticed what I’ve done I realized that I had to use philo stones to get a defensive slot. Now, that method of upgrading is a little bewildering but I won’t complain because it’s my fault. Anyhow, I think it’s very unfrogiving and therefore I have a question:

Is there any way to downgrade my capacitor back to the exotic version to avoid buying another one for 1350 relics or any way to change my infusion slot to a defensive one? I know that there are versatile infusions but despite the drop in price of passion flowers they are still very expensive.

If there is no way to change the infusion slot, I really REALLY want ArenaNet to either:
Make the final version of the Capacitor (Shiny) to have a versatile Infusion slot OR make the capacitors downgradeable with (Master’s Salvage Kit, Mystic Coins, Vial of Condensed Mist Essence or something) OR (which is the best way) make a recipe for changing the infusion slot (Capacitor (with offensive infusion slot), 240 Philosophers Stone, Vial of Condensed Mist Essence, Mystic Coins -> Capacitor (with defensive Infusion slot).
Please make it a bit more customizable, it’s much too irreversible atm and really annoying! I know that it was my fault but it still kinda sucks that it’S now 1850 relics down the drain/ I need to spend 26 gold to get a versatile infusion.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Really, infusions are so costly for the additional +4 or +5 stat that they really are not worth having. For example: It takes +21 points of precision at level 80 to gain a 1% increase in critical chance.

Just purchase a versatile simple infusion for the +5 AR and move on would be my suggestion. Save your gold/materials.

Posted by: Seda Khold.5428

Seda Khold.5428

Really, infusions are so costly for the additional +4 or +5 stat that they really are not worth having. For example: It takes +21 points of precision at level 80 to gain a 1% increase in critical chance.

Just purchase a versatile simple infusion for the +5 AR and move on would be my suggestion. Save your gold/materials.

Agreed, I put together two of the stat + resist infusions, one power and one precision. The rest are going to be resist unless for some reason I realllly feel like sinking some gold.

Seercull.1495

While this is definitely true and I have done it for a long time, it is really REALLY hard for me to stay away from achieving the maximum stats. While I know that it is a personal problem (that I think a handful of players have), I really hate to run around, knowing that I don’t have the max. Amount of stats that I could have (idk if it’s just because I’m a perfectionist or have OCD or whatever).

Apart from that, there is actually no reason for the capacitors NOT being downgradeable/have their infusion slots changed.

Seercull.1495

While this is definitely true and I have done it for a long time, it is really REALLY hard for me to stay away from achieving the maximum stats. While I know that it is a personal problem (that I think a handful of players have), I really hate to run around, knowing that I don’t have the max. Amount of stats that I could have (idk if it’s just because I’m a perfectionist or have OCD or whatever).

Apart from that, there is actually no reason for the capacitors NOT being downgradeable/have their infusion slots changed.

Well, actually, in retrospect I sound silly when saying “I dont want to spend 26 gold” and than I complain about not being able to stay away from max. stats. Bit hypocritical. So I’ll just bite the bullet and spejnd my gold on the stat infusions. i would still appreciate it if you could change the infusion slot of the fractal capacitor.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

As you mentioned yourself, you need to get a Versatile Infusion to be statistically competitive. I know I have a certain case of OCD as well in that I have to shoot for the best … even if it’s very trivial.

I’d like to call it the “You Dun Goofed Up Tax”. Because well … You goofed up in picking the wrong infusion slot. That means you’ll need to spend more than you have to in order to reach “maximum” potential. Due to their flexibility, they are also most costly to make in comparison to slot-specific infusions.

For example:

The Versatile Resilient Infusion requires:

• 100 Passion Flowers
  • 250 Armored Scales
  • 100 Philosopher Stones
  • 50 Mystic Coins

The Regular Resilient Infusion requires:

• 250 Karka Shells
  • 100 Armored Scaled
  • 1 Philosopher Stone
  • 20 Mystic Coins

Some things considered, if you intend to get the Shiny version, which is like a stack or so of Ectos, then I’d hold off on any of the top-end infusions until then. Otherwise, you’ll end up wasting money since any infusion in that slot gets destroyed every time the back piece gets upgraded.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Mad Rasputin.7809

Yeah, this is not possible currently.

Maybe just post a suggestion in the suggestion forum.

If you REALLY want that defensive slot, grinding 1850 fractal relics is not really that hard. A level 26 run will net you 70 fractal relics plus an additional 30 for the daily chest.

Mad Rasputin.7809

Oh, and the ‘shiny’ version of the capacitor will cost you 2 stacks of ectos total.

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

For example:

• 100 Passion Flowers
  • 250 Armored Scales
  • 100 Philosopher Stones
  • 50 Mystic Coins

• 250 Karka Shells
  • 100 Armored Scaled
  • 1 Philosopher Stone
  • 20 Mystic Coins

I guess I’m not OCD, because spending that much for +5 of anything is crazy.

Seercull.1495

As you mentioned yourself, you need to get a Versatile Infusion to be statistically competitive. I know I have a certain case of OCD as well in that I have to shoot for the best … even if it’s very trivial.

I’d like to call it the “You Dun Goofed Up Tax”. Because well … You goofed up in picking the wrong infusion slot. That means you’ll need to spend more than you have to in order to reach “maximum” potential. Due to their flexibility, they are also most costly to make in comparison to slot-specific infusions.

For example:

• 100 Passion Flowers
  • 250 Armored Scales
  • 100 Philosopher Stones
  • 50 Mystic Coins

• 250 Karka Shells
  • 100 Armored Scaled
  • 1 Philosopher Stone
  • 20 Mystic Coins

Some things considered, if you intend to get the Shiny version, which is like a stack or so of Ectos, then I’d hold off on any of the top-end infusions until then. Otherwise, you’ll end up wasting money since any infusion in that slot gets destroyed every time the back piece gets upgraded.

ea, thanks for the heads up but i won’t kitten up on that one, I will keep my versatile vital infusion that I am now making for when my capacitor is shiny. The southsun update makes making a versatile infusion way less painful, 26g for +5vit is fine in my books, the previous price of over 60g was a bit too much. Well, I guess my question was answered so thanks everyone. i will maybe make a suggestion for changable infusion slots.